[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sauerkrauts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1901-1934-lg.jpg (48 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1901-1934-lg.jpg
48 KB, 255x320
What's the best way to cook them?
>>
>>7533864
Cook? are you retarded?
>>
>>7533864
you don't.

or you do with pork loin
>>
>>7533864
crock-pot with some kielbasa and periogies

maybe a slow cooker

slow and low baby

you usually have sauerkraut warm or cold as a condiment/or something on the side.
sausages, and periorgies.
or a lettuce/pickle substitute for sandwiches like a Reuben.
or do something like duetcher pakooras
balls of sauerkraut and onion tampura deep fried
>>
>>7533870
>>7533875
Not OP but it's common to cook sauerkraut as well. Stamppot for example. Fucking Americans I swear...
>>
>>7533870
>>7533870
>>7533885
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228631/bavarian-sauerkraut/
I tried to make this recipe but it wasn't very good.
>>
in a pan with sausage
>>
File: szegediner-gulasch.jpg (52 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
szegediner-gulasch.jpg
52 KB, 620x414
>>7533870
Austrian here. Of course you can cook Sauerkraut. The most common way saute some onions and bacon cubes in a bit of oil, add the sauerkraut and simmer in some vegetable stock. Maybe a few dried juniperberries and a bay leaf at that point.

Another great way to cook it is to make Szegediner Gulasch.
>>
>>7533972
"Raw lacto sauerkraut" is big here in the states among the crowd that gets yeast infections in the moist gash between their legs.

To them, cooking sauerkraut robs it of its life essence or "chi" because instead of practicing proper hygiene and maybe keeping their pants on for long enough to heal, they seek out new age remedies like eating the ancient life-force of the krauts, aka sauer krat.

t. American
>>
>>7534007
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>7534012
http://www.alive.com/health/raw-sauerkraut-rocks/
>>
>>7533864
You heat it on a pan, don't bother cooking.
>>
>>7533972
Thanks m8
>>
With pork & citrus.
>>
>>7534094
Plus garlic & onions in a bit of olive oil.
>>
>>7533972
I've heard that you can add sugar to make them less sour. Is it true?
>>
>>7534099
No! It must be canola! >:(
>>
>>7534107
Fuck it! Make it butter!
>>
>>7534103
The easiest way to make it less sour is to put the Kraut in a sieve and give it a quick rinse with water.
>>
>>7534112
How much time do they need to stay in the pan?
>>
>>7534014
What does that have to do with chi or ancient life-force? That article is just talking about the digestive benefits of raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut, which are very real.
>>
>>7534152
cooking sauerkrat isn't going to make poison, you delusional hippie
>>
>>7534154
Are you off your meds or something?
>>
>>7534154
He never stated that cooking it would make poison. He just said eating it raw is good for you and by that implied that cooking isn't as good for you, but not that it's poison.
Why are you calling people hippies when you are obviously on drugs?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.