[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /ck/, /fit/ here You guys know way more about food not tasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: Sardines.jpg (8 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
Sardines.jpg
8 KB, 291x173
hey /ck/, /fit/ here
You guys know way more about food not tasting like shit, so I wanted to know what I can replace canned tuna with or if you guys know what the hell to eat it with. I'm just tired as shit of it and want an alternative. I've heard canned sardines are pretty good, but would like an opinion. ty
>>
also on the same note, please for the love of god give me a recipe for chicken breast that doesn't make me want to kill myself
>>
>>7532227
Boil it, pull it, spice it, bake/stirfry it.
>>
I really wish I had a sticky I could direct you stupid /fit/ fags to some basic af cooking tutorial.

Foodwishes on YouTube.

Pick your recipes.

Cook.

Eat.

Fuck right off.
>>
>>7532244
We have a sticky but the recipes are ass
thanks nigger
>>
>>7532224
Couldn't you just use any fish? What about squid?
>>
>>7532260
Canned squid is good? Only canned fish I've had is tuna, but I like fresh squid. Is it a big difference? I just mentioned sardines because I can get a big pack of them for cheap at costco
>>
>>7532224
Get kipper snacks instead my dude.
>>
>>7532269
Why do you have to eat out of a can to be fit?
>>
>>7532288
Too busy flexing my pecs in the mirror to do real cooking
>>
>>7532224
Start with lightly smoked sardines in olive oil. Then either:

Have them on brown bread with sliced red onion, capers and mustard.

Or do the same but substitute boiled potatoes for the bread.

Or dress cooked pasta with olive oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, chopped parsley, capers and the sardines.
>>
You can use canned salmon in the same way you use tuna. Different, but equally good, flavor.
>>
>>7532288
It's just more convenient for me
>>
>>7532294
This sounds great, thank you.
I've never had capers and just looked them up; is it a pickle like taste?
>>
>>7532312
A sour little pickled bud from a bush. Kinda rough on their own, but a delicious blast of salty vinegar taste against fish. (Also work well with chicken).
>>
>>7532227
Use chicken thighs instead
Cheaper and tastier in exchange for working off a little more fat
>>
>>7532430
Canned chicken thighs are disgusting.
>>
canned sardines reek like rotten ass. I used to work with a dude who would stick the contents of the can on two pieces of plain white bread and eat it.. then dump the juice into his mouth

absolutely revolting.
>>
>>7532447
That tastes good, but you're right. It's one of those foods that polite people should not consume in enclosed public spaces.
>>
>>7532430
>>7532440
Actually didn't even know canned chicken thighs were a thing. Sounds pretty nasty, but I think this anon was talking about non-canned chicken thighs. Ty anyways
>>
>>7532271
YEAH! I was gifted some Crown Prince Kippers before and was pleasantly surprised. It's smoked herring and something that fills a similar nutritional/convenience role to sardines, it's just that the sardines I have aren't my bag, flavor-wise.
>>
If you fry canned sardines in a bit of hot olive oil they will melt into a paste that has a delicious but more subtle flavor. Stir fry with some veggies.
>>
>>7532224
i eat them straight out of the can or add them to my salads. I like Brunswick in olive oil brand. Best combo of taste and price.
>>
try canned herring
>>
>>7532224
Sardines have tons of good nutrients, are sustainable and low in Mercury
I make a salad during cutting season with spring mix, smoked sardines, and a dressing of mustard, lemon juice, parsley and garlic salt
You're gonna make it
>>
I grabbed a tin of sardines in water. Was thinking of adding them to fried rice or something.

Going to use a beef broth for the rice, and throw in some veggies. Would the sardines be a good addition?

Also, how fishy would this smell after cooking? Looking to bring this to work and I don't want to stink up the place
>>
Looking forward to eating sardines because of this thread, will try to remember to post pics when I eat them if this thread is still alive.
>>
are you not buying albacore tuna?

necause you should be. chunk light junk light. sautee albacore with onions )and mushrooms if you like them), add spices of choice. personally i add a good amount of vinegar as well.
>>
Kippers or smoked mackerel in olive oil with fresh ground pepper and maybe a little hot sauce or capers if you have/want it. In terms of taste and nutrition any oily fish shits on tuna, and the increased satiety from the extra fat helps with hunger. Tuna is beginner tier
>>
>>7533243
Threads take days to die on /ck/. Don't forget canned chicken. Also, beans.
>>
>>7532224

Salmon.

Sprats.
>>
>>7533599
They're tasty but have ungodly levels of mercury
>>
>>7532430
fucking this

why everyone is so obsessed with chicken tits is beyond me.
>>
why do /fit/ fags think you have to eat the most bland shit?

as long as you don't eat junk food and processed frozen shit in a box you're good.

you can eat normal food, it's fine.
>>
>>7532985
sardines in fried rice are pretty good, I usually add some onions, peppers, and garlic and top it with a fried egg

I haven't noticed any super-fishy smells. I usually turn on the range fan while cooking it, wash out the cans as soon as I take the sardines out, and then throw them in the bin immediately. The rice itself doesn't smell super fishy, but I imagine if you reheated it at work it would smell bad
>>
>>7532303
This is what i do, I like salmon better anyways less dry and less ,mercury worries.
>>
I love me some pickled herring.

Or a proper tuna salad. Homemade mayo, chives, onion and/or scallions and/or shallot, boiled egg, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce...
>>
Dont eat sardines. In water they taste like shit, in oil theyre way to fucking oily to eat a lot of and either way they are salty as fuck.

Switch to salmon. You can get canned salmon at costco.
>>
Make sure you have canned tuna in WATER.

Take out the water. Get a bowl. Throw in Tuna, sour cream, corn, apple slices, carrots, some mayo, and w/e else you want. Mix it up and eat with bread of your choice.
>>
>>7532227
Chicken salad with plain greek yogurt instead of mayonaise.
-Bake chicken breast with spices on top, I usually do some thyme and tarragon and some olive oil
-let it cool and cut or tear into very small chunks
-add yogurt, a tbsp or so of red wine vinegar and olive oil
-also since I can pickles, I like to add the pickled garlic that I put in with them.
-chopped cashews or slivered almonds and raisins are good too.
-more spices and some salt/pepper
>>
File: IMG_20160403_211436130.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_211436130.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Got beach cliff sardines in soybean oil. These are pre-cooked (you can eat them straight out of the tin) but I wanted to heat them up on the frying pan anyway. They ended up being tastier hot.

Tried just a little bit at first in pic related
>>
File: IMG_20160403_212321540.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_212321540.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
I didn't like the spines so I removed them with a fork. Looks sort of gross but it was good.
>>
>>7535148
Most of them are recovering fatties scared of reverting to their old eating habits, so they overcompensate.
>>
>>7532288
>>7532307
>>7532227
Why is chicken breast less inconvenient for you than other foods that don't come in a can?
>>
>>7532236
technologic
>>
>>7536627
Recovering fatty here. This is true. Canned shit is good for portion control and counting calories. I've graduated to a food scale though.
>>
File: 2291313718_70519bfd54_o.jpg (34 KB, 600x295) Image search: [Google]
2291313718_70519bfd54_o.jpg
34 KB, 600x295
MOTHER
FUCKING
KIPPERS
SON

Even these cheap shits ain't bad - FUCK TUNA
>>
>>7532227
Stir fry, easiest thing in the whole world

>Slice chicken into small pieces
>Fry that shit with a small amount of oil
>Add some vegetables (scallion, peas, bell peppers, whatever)
>Add a basic sauce, look some up online

And you're done. Literally 15 minutes at the most
>>
>>7536793
Blindingly underrated post
>>
>>7536621
Is that rice? Looks absolutely disgusting, you've cooked it into mush
>>
>>7536613
Also, lol at having your rice in a little separate bowl like the total weeb faggot that you are
>>
File: 1458407208602.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458407208602.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>7536613
>soybean oil
>white rice
>>
>>7536613
lol frying canned fish

>not eating the spine

pleb
>>
>>7536793
Kekzimus
>>
>>7532224
canned sardines and canned that other fish that comes in cans.
Get the ones in hot sauce if you want.
Or just get the flavored canned tuna, it's just as good, just bake it ontop of some bread or something.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.