[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the perfect brownies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: chewy.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
chewy.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
What are the perfect brownies?
>>
pot brownies
>>
>>7532197
The ones with dude in them
>>
>>7532197
Dank ones
>>
ITT: Degenerates
>>
Chewy brownies a shit, I like the ones so hard they can break your teeth if you bite hard enough.
>>
The best are made with only whole plant foods :^)

Cocoa powder actually isn't a whole food, but it's not made worse by removing the oil. You can use cacao nibs if you want more unhealthy fats.
>>
>>7532631
I'm not saying fat is unhealthy, just that the kinds present in cacao sort of are.
>>
undercooked as fuck. Chilled. Served with a tall glass of cow tiddy
>>
File: 168.jpg (23 KB, 638x471) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
23 KB, 638x471
>>7532625
You are my brother
>>
Chewy Brownie > Fudgy Brownie >>>> dogshit >>> Cakey Brownie
>>
I swore not to eat brownies ever again in my life. I ate my homemade ones (they were cooked to minimum internal temp). I got really sick, bed ridden for 5 days, anytime I stood up I would throw up. After I got better, I thought it was some other food poisoning that got me sick.

I tried another batch, threw all the ingredients I used before and used new ones. I fell ill again for a week. There are no nuts, and I am able to eat eggs whole without complications. I want to think its the absurd amount of cocoa powder, but no one is ever allergic to cocoa.

tl;dr : Brownies make me SICK.
>>
>>7532944
Could it have been contaminated egg? Maybe try a vegan recipe with adzuki beans or such?
>>
>>7532952
It was a different carton of eggs plus it was cooked to min. temp.
>>
>>7532956
Killing bacteria doesn't remove their toxins, but I doubt that's what's happening here.

I had to tell my mom cooking moldy food doesn't fix it.
>>
Fudgy brownies, served cold from the fridge.

Cakey brownies are worst girl.
>>
File: 1408381557788.png (23 KB, 787x591) Image search: [Google]
1408381557788.png
23 KB, 787x591
>>7532964
"Don't worry so much anon, it smells fine."
>>
my grandma adds powdered icing mix to the recipe, shit is cash

if you add nuts you are a faggot
>>
File: boner town.jpg (56 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
boner town.jpg
56 KB, 500x376
>bake chewey brownies

>place in freezer overnight

>eat the next day right out of the freezer
>>
>>7532944
Cocoa can definitely make you sick. Look up theobromine.
>>
any good recipes niggas?
>>
Butter or vegetable oil? thinking about making some tomorrow.
>>
>>7533948
Butter 100% Get some good better like Lurpak too.
>>
>>7533948
Lard. Trust me, lard is amazing for all things baked.
>>
Topped with peanut butter frosting
>>
>>7532965
>Cakey brownies are worst
my nig of nog
>>
File: Shhhhhheeeeeeeeiiiitt.jpg (3 KB, 125x94) Image search: [Google]
Shhhhhheeeeeeeeiiiitt.jpg
3 KB, 125x94
>>7533073
>>
>>7533087
what does that do make them hard?.
>>
>>7532604
whats your problem? brownie hating jerk.
>>
>>7534129
>lard is amazing for all things baked, fried, and sautee'd

fix'd
>>
File: andes.jpg (273 KB, 2100x2100) Image search: [Google]
andes.jpg
273 KB, 2100x2100
>>7532197
Chewy brownies. When they're fresh out of the oven, melt a dozen or so Andes Mints on top of those bitches. Then you spread that minty, melty, chocolaty goodness around until it covers every single inch of brownie in an even layer. Let that shit cool in the fridge over night, and in the morning you have chewy brownies with a nice, hard mint-chocolate shell on top.

Make sure to cut all the edge pieces off and throw them in the trash where they belong. Crusty edge pieces are for communists, homosexuals, and Nazis.
>>
>>7534156
>Make sure to cut all the edge pieces off and throw them in the trash
>>
File: ron jeremy loses weight.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
ron jeremy loses weight.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>7534156
>>
>>7534163
They're fucking crusty and hard instead of soft and semi-gooey. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7532625
>>7532933
The best brownies have a thick diamond hard crust but a nice chewey inside.
>>
>>7534156
Are you aware you can buy peppermint extract and add it to any chocolate?
>>
>>7534175
Yeah, but this is easier, and it's not like Andes Mints are expensive.
>>
>>7534156
Removing the edges makes it literally more work than whipping up your own filling layer to spread between chocolate layers.
>>
>>7534156
Andes makes bags of little squares for that.
>>
>>7534184
I thought the part about edges being for communists, homosexuals, and Nazis would tip you off to the fact that I just dislike edge pieces and give them to other people because I won't personally eat them.
>>
>>7532631
So how do you make chocolate brownies without chocolate?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.