[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how absolutely terrible this stuff is? It tastes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
Can we talk about how absolutely terrible this stuff is? It tastes like they made it by dissolving root beer flavored jelly beans in carbonated water and adding a little vanilla vodka. Too sweet to palate and lacking in actual sassafras flavor.
>>
tastes more like a shitty creme soda than it does a root beer
>>
>>7531566
>actual sassafras flavor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't that been banned since the 1960s?
>>
I've tried all of the fad "hard soda" beers, and NYF isn't the worst out there.

That goes to Best Damn Root Beer. It tastes like a goddamn watery root beer barrel hard candy (the bad kind, not the A&W kind) drowned in vanilla.

Sprecher's Hard Root Beer tastes more like beer than root beer. Can barely taste the sugar at all.

Coney Island is the best. They basically toned down the sweetness from NYF and removed the fucking hand sanitizer scent.
>>
>>7531566
its ok
>>
>>7531582
They still sell it, the safrole just has to be removed. Whenever I'm lucky enough to find a tree I always take some to make tea out of. The stuff nowadays just doesn't compare to the real thing. Also sassafras leaves are used for gumbo file'
>>
>>7531582
I think you're right, but what I meant was it lacked most the artificial sassafras flavor you would get with regular root beer.
>>
>>7531588
Overall
Coney>Sprecher>NYF>actual shit>Best Damn
>>
File: Malzbier.jpg (179 KB, 1558x1169) Image search: [Google]
Malzbier.jpg
179 KB, 1558x1169
>>7531566
Malt Beer > Root Beer
>>
>>7531597
This. You can get sassafras anywhere but to sell it commercially in the U.S. The safrole (oil) has to be removed.
>>
>>7531597
>>7531642
what happens to all the safrole that gets removed?

do they just dump it?
>>
>>7531655
People who know how to extract it use in in making drugs and MDMA. It's being studied as an insecticide and I'm sure scientists somewhere also study it's use on lab rats and animals. Other than that idk.
>>
>>7531566
Tastes like medicine desu
>>
File: HenrysHardSodaImage.png (66 KB, 300x121) Image search: [Google]
HenrysHardSodaImage.png
66 KB, 300x121
The best of the new hard sodas I've tried was Henry's hard orange. It actually tasted like Sunkist, instead of a watered down soda with sketchy malt liquor in it.

You know how 4loko tastes like a stale Old English poured into a packet of off brand kool-aid? Yeah, Henry's is the exact opposite.

Their hard ginger ale could use more ginger, but otherwise P gud.
>>
>>7531723
Tried this at a Christmas party last year. Tastes like store-brand orange soda. Not bad.
>>
the only way to have it is on tap

their store bought is bad and weaker
>>
>>7531800
Heard they have 20% ABV on tap somewhere in Illinois.
>>
>>7531723
>>7531752
>it tastes like regular orange soda

then why the fuck not buy some regular orange soda? why pay 10x the price
>>
>>7531880
Soda is for kids.
>>
>>7531809
idk about that, but i live in illinois and where I first had it they had it listed at 11% i believe

store is like 5%
>>
>>7531752
>>>7531723
>Tried this at a Christmas party last year. Tastes like store-brand orange soda. Not bad.

> store-brand orange soda

Stick to coke and rum if that's your rubric for a good alcoholic beverage. And let this soda-flavored-malt-beverage fad die a quick death.
>>
>>7531884
Liking things is for kids.
>>
>>7531588
Had a bottle of Coney Island the other day and it was pretty trash - pretty much tasted like cheap root beer with a couple shots of shitty vodka dumped in it. Haven't had any of the others though so I can't really comment on how it is in a relative sense.
>>
>>7532017
Coney Island is the only hard root beer I've tried, and that was prettymuch how I felt about it. Would love to get a CO2 system to make my own carbonated beverages, but I ain't settling for a sodastream or any of those proprietary cartridge scams, especially since most of them say they're only for carbonating water, and adding flavor afterwards.
>>
>>7532017
>>7532114
I've only had coney island but I honestly thought it was garbage. The taste of the alcohol wasn't really concealed at all and it was overpoweringly sweet and tasted too much like anise or licorice
>>
>>7532017
>>7532114
>>7532168
samefag
>>
File: coney island.png (6 KB, 527x171) Image search: [Google]
coney island.png
6 KB, 527x171
>implying
>>
It's disgustingly sweet and as a result it produces a hangover that not even red wine can match.

Plus it's more for a six pack than with a lot of good craft beer.

Horrible shit.
>>
>>7531588
Agreed, Best Damn is terrible, Coney Island is god tier
>>
>>7531566
>Can we talk about how absolutely terrible this stuff is?

I read about hard root beer recently and how that brand in your pic was superior to all the others. I couldn't find it, so I got a different brand. It was fucking nasty. It was like a cheap-ass root beer with too much alcohol poured in it. Make you sick. I think I had 2 and threw the rest away.
>>
>>7531566
>be me
>making homemade alcoholic and non-alcoholic gingerbeer and rootbeer for a few years now
>this memetrend starts
>people think i'm just memeing

It really is depressing, I've spent over a year a half perfecting my gingerbeer recipe, getting just the right ginger and and alcohol balance, and people just think i'm a fucking memer.
>>
>>7532917
>people
what the fuck are you talking about, people dont know /ck/ meme foods, and are you going around telling everyone about how you make homemade gingerbeer? you deserve any scorn you get you autist
>>
>>7532981
>"Hey anon, whatchya been up to?"
>"Oh I've been working on brewing up my own ginger beer."
>"Like the *insert meme beer* I've seen at the store?"

Not even him but how autistic are you?
>>
>>7532981

This just proves how far into the bowels of Hell /ck/ has descended. Nothing but inane insults and malicious mud-slinging. No actual discussion about cooking is to be had anywhere on this board anymore. I have been coming here since 1983. Back then you could at least carry on an actual discussion with another human being about cooking. People actually behaved like human beings, not closed minded gorillas that inhabit this board today. Why don't you all take your shit and go fling it elsewhere. I had once hoped this board would return once again to the glory days of being able to find a decent discussion on the front page at least once per hour. I am now convinced this is just not possible anymore. Every thread is filled with people frequently farting fictitious facts about video games that they know they know nothing about. Maybe I am getting too old to deal with all of your nonsensical bullshit. Maybe all of you are being facetious. I cannot take this asinine behavior any longer. I had my glory days on this board. If this is the way you want it, then may you have yours now. I am done. Goodbye.
>>
I like beer 20x as much as root beer. I don't see the point of this bullshit.
>>
>>7533033
k
>>
>>7533024
>>7532981

yeah it comes up so fucking often
>oh want a dark and stormy? I made the gingerbeer myself
<like not your fathers w.e xD
my stuffs dry as fuck and is good on its own
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.