[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora Booze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1328x1194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1328x1194
My hipster brother and his wife came round for dinner last night.
I found this morning he's left a couple of bottles of meme beer in the kitchen. I'm planning to use it n my beef stew recipe instead of the Guinness I usually use.
Will it taste ok?
>>
Guinness is a stout. Those are both IPAs. The result should be interesting.
>>
You usually want to use a stout or a porter. Those are both IPAs and will probably give it a bitter flavor. Try it out I guess.
>>
>>7531253
>>7531260
Nothing ventured I guess but someone told me they have a weird aftertaste almost like cleaning chemicals.
>>
>>7531240
yeah itll be kinda weird in the stew, but youre right you might as well try it.

Also not for nothing, these are pretty good beers that taste nice. you should drink some and see what you think
>>
>>7531294
Nah, this kind of stuff isn't for me. I like traditional beers.
>>
>>7531302
senpai, they're just IPA's

what do you stand to lose by trying them?
>>
>hipster
>meme beer

Those are sold at fucking Walmart and are as mainstream as beer comes.

I wouldn't do both of those in a stew. Maybe the SA and a Guinness, but both would overpower it.
>>
>>7531327
I might try one later tonight.
>>
>>7531302
>traditional
So in other words you drink bud light
>>
>>7531240
Lagunitas makes a couple good beers, some with a high alcohol content.
>>
Do you live in Mississippi or something? Where the fuck is craft beer not considered the normal thing for 20 somethings?
>>
>>7531344
UK.
People here are very protective of their brewing industry.
I like Guinness and Batemans usually.
>>
>>7531344
>craft beer
Or as everyone else calls it, "beer"
>>
>>7531353

Have yuros embraced anything new since the kebab?
>>
>>7531268
They do.
>>
>>7531339
>xD I'm so refined I drink Eye Pea Ayys because they remind me of le weed xD

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7531356
what do you mean by everyone else?
>>
>>7531240
Your brother isn't a hipster
Those beers are 2 of the biggest "microbrews" or "craft beers" in the country, if your brother was a hipster he would have bought locally
But I expect the beef stew to taste like crap with that in it
>>
>>7531364
some one seems to have sand in their little boi pussi :^)
>>
>>7531364
We know where you came from. No need to tell us.
>>
>>7531356
>real ale
>>
>>7531356
I know right? Look at all those great brews we sophisticated Europeans enjoy :^)
>>
Yo Californian here, everyone here is fucking obsessed with ipas right now, so I have used a fair amount of the bitter beer in my food. The important part is to recognize the flavor of the beer you are using and base your spices accordingly. So just use a fair amount of herbs and some spicy veggies like raddish and you'll be fine. Also if you've never tried it IPA beer cheese is fucking amazing
>>
>>7531415
>>7531396
>anyone who doesn't look, think, talk, dress, eat, drink, live, walk, or write exactly like me must be trolling or insane and also from Europe and literally wants to destroy America and all she stands for
WIDF detected
>>
>>7531424
overplayed your hand tbqh
>>
>>7531422
Oh this also falls under spicy veggy but jalapeƱos go really fucking well with ipas.
>>
>>7531424
are you just haunted by that one poster that you see him in every shadow?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.