[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever stolen silverware or dishware from a Restaurant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: fork thievry.jpg (21 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
fork thievry.jpg
21 KB, 500x400
Have you ever stolen silverware or dishware from a Restaurant /ck/ or have you ever dined and dashed?

Be honest now /ck/.

Personally I don't do either, but my friend's younger sister whenever she goes out to eat she basically takes the whole damn table of silverware with her in her purse or the to-go-box, she'll even steal the little metal cups they put butter in. I've never witnessed her do it, but her brother tells me she does.

I've never dined and dashed either but my best friend and his boyfriend went out to eat at an Italian Restaurant with his boyfriend's mother, she said she was going to pay for everything, but the line was so long at the cash register, she got bored and said let's go, and said she would mail them a check, neither of them brought money with them because she said she would pay so they went quietly left with her, no one seemed to notice they were so busy.

The boy's mother is kind of homely, like trailer trash so I doubt she mailed them any damn check.

Anywho, be honest /ck/ do you ever steal silverware at restaurants and accidentally or purposefully dined and dashed?
>>
>>7531053
I dined and dashed at a cuban place once. Also stole ketchup bottles from a diner
>>
>>7531053
Did she put her hair up and enjoy every minute of it?
>>
I took a Waffle House plate and coffee cup at three in the morning while the employees raged out on each other. Sadly, it didn't devolve beyond hair pulling.
>>
Stealing is degenerate behavior but even if you remove morality it is plain stupid for an adult to endanger ones income learning potential for some small trinket. The risk is not worth the reward.
>>
I don't do either because of the crippling fear of getting caught. I do shoplift from supermarkets though, it's just too easy.
>>
File: 1426372921369.jpg (242 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1426372921369.jpg
242 KB, 700x504
>>7531064
>>
Half of my beer glasses were taken from restaurants/bars.

Usually I'll ask the waitress if they sell them, and frequently enough they'll say, "no, but things go missing all the time, it's not a big deal", and then just leave a nice tip.

Other times I just get drunk and the klepto in me comes out.
>>
>>7531053
one time i accidentally took a cup from skippers. i don't know how or why but i just walked out with my drink
>>
>>7531107

In my wayward youth a grocery store is the only place I was ever caught stealing from. Loss prevention guy told me to put it back and don't come back to store. Scared the shit out of me I was about 14. Stopped shop lifting after that. Bookstores were the easiest to steal from back in the day. What a nerd I am stealing books. Cameras are so cheap now that all stores have them but that wasn't the case in the mid 1990s. A simpler time.
>>
My dad and his gf (mostly his gf desu) often say "oh this is cute we should take it" when the restaurant has nice cups/glasses/salt shakers etc. and then because I have bigger pockets they want to stash it on me. Fucking retards baka.
>>
>>7531147

I have seven hoegaarden glasses stolen from various bars.
>>
I think, if I remember correctly, when I was a kid my family took a pair of chopsticks because I wanted them from a restaurant, the nicer kind that doesn't just get thrown out after use. I haven't personally taken anything though and it sounds like a really weird thing to take if you were the sort inclined to steal.
>>
Dipping cup and small bowl from TGI Fridays. The small bowl is perfect for salsa.
>>
>>7531391
Oh yeah bottle of malt vinegar from Long John's. It was just more convenient than grabbing 80 packets.
>>
>>7531295

Haha, I stole a hoegaarden glass once while drunk. They're great.
>>
Back in highschool me and a group of friends went to eat at whataburger before the football game. We were all trumpet players in the band so we only had about 40 minutes to eat.

Well we all ordered but one friends food just never came out, What a burger can be notoriously slow so we just told him to wait.

Well after 25 minutes he gets up to ask and it seems they straight up forgot his order or gave it to someone else.

He re orders and when they hand him his tray of food he just walked out the door tray and everything.

Harmless but it was pretty funny at the time desu
>>
I dislike the idea of stealing in general but I've had a couple of friends steal salt shakers from the same restaurant like 2 or 3 times.

Everytime i was present so I'm responsible for them too.

On the bright side, I never had to buy a salt shaker for my home.
>>
>>7531053
I stole a really sweet looking candle from a local fish and sea food restaurant when I was in my teens.
It was a little glass cup candle with twine wrapped around it to look like a rope net you would see on a ship. Fit the decor really well.
Hard to explain, but it was cool looking.

I took it home, and proceeded to feel really really bad about it. I am not a shoplifter so it felt really wrong whenever I looked at it.

The next time I went, I smuggled it back in and left it on the table.

I havent stolen anything like silverware though, I dont see a reason to.
>>
>>7531581

Who actually uses a salt shaker?
>>
>>7531646
Most people.
Some like to salt their food even if it already contains salt.
>>
>>7531649
You could at least use a grinder and get some good quality crystals on your food.
>>
>>7531147
This. I asked my waitress if I could buy one of their fishbowl glasses and her reply was "If I don't see it, it didn't happen."
>>
>>7531277
Shop lifting is easier than ever thanks to self serve check outs. You have to pay for some of the stuff, but you flog a good percentage of it. I pay for about 40% of what I get out of supermarkets, its too easy to just not scan a pack or razor heads and some saffron. then throw it in the bag just after you lift it off the scales.
>>
>>7531147
>>7531295
>>7531398
>>7531718
So do you guys carry a handbag around or something? Glasses aren't that small.
>>
>>7531726
I'm a girl and as such carry a fucking ridiculously over-sized purse.
>>
i take quart and pint containers from work. but so does everyone, they're extremely handy. usually just happens if you want to take some staff meal home.
>>
>>7531726

Coat pocket if it's Winter, SO's purse if no coat, under the arm if just drunk and it's busy/dark.

At most waitstaff will call over a drunk person walking out with a glass and take it from them; it's not like you're going to get banned or vanned.
>>
I take interesting glasses/mugs from restaurants. I got it from my mom. She actually just asks the waiter for the glass directly, and honestly every time she does they laugh and put on a kinda shifty/flustered look on their face and say something like "I'll just look the other way" and let her throw it in her purse.

So because of this I just steal the glass without asking. Cut out the middle man because they're just going to let me take it anyway

I also have taken Tabasco sauce from chipotle

never dined and ditched though
>>
You're all going to heck.
>>
>>7531053
>Have you ever stolen silverware or dishware from a Restaurant /ck/ or have you ever dined and dashed?
Nope, not once.

Had a mutual friend/acquaintance that had a thing for ashtrays from restaurants, which managed to go into her purse. Put them on all out on her patio tables during parties where everyone is smoking. Each one had some sentimental hanging out restaurant attached to it, they weren't even nice though.

When I was a kid, my grandparents (entertainer and a delta pilot) had a giant 5gal snifter glass in one of their guest bathrooms, filled with hundreds of matchbooks from restaurants around the world. It was filled with 60 years of world travel, these matchbooks back then were like business cards, and some of them really ornate, gold leaf sides to strike the matches, embossed writing, famous places like the Tropicana in Havana, to european supper clubs and vegas dinner theatres. There were obviously intended as souvenirs, of course. Since no one smokes anymore, a thing of the past really.
>>
>Stealing cutlery
>not paying for food
ITT edgelords living on the edge
>>
File: 654654654.jpg (13 KB, 213x300) Image search: [Google]
654654654.jpg
13 KB, 213x300
>>7531053
>Have you ever stolen silverware or dishware from a Restaurant

Years back, the local bar had some kinda promotion going on in cahoots with Jack Daniels, where they selling Lynchburg Lemonades for $2.00 and for an extra $1.50 or something, you could keep the special tall glass printed with the recipe and JD corporate logo.

Had my girlfriend at the time smuggle me a glass out in her purse, which I later broke when I dropped it in the sink…
>>
>I've never dined and dashed either but my best friend and his boyfriend
>my best friend and his boyfriend
>his boyfriend

nice try. 2/10
>>
>>7532166
Homosexuality isn't that big a deal in the Anglo oriented nations of 2016.
>>
>>7531798
actually laughed out loud

I've never Dined and dashed or shoplifted (on purpose). I once stole a book by mistake. my friend had asked me to hold it for her, I was talking with the cashier and forgot i was holding it and walked right out.
>>
>>7531720
Fucking this. I never do myself but I have a friend who goes to the self checkouts and rings everything up as bananas. He's been doing it for months and hasn't gotten caught.
Pretty sure he stole $80 worth of steaks once.
>>
>>7532287

>doing it for months

That's retarded.

Regularly stealing high cost items, especially perishables, is going to get noticed sooner or later.
>>
>>7532308
I guess it could go unnoticed for a while if you rotated through a series of supermarkets, but really, this type of thing is like drunk driving. You can get away with it for a very long time, but you only have to get caught once to be screwed over.
>>
three years ago yesterday, i took my future wife on a date to chili's. she went out to start the car, while i slapped a 5 euro note on a $30 check. the waitress left the restaurant, hysterical, screaming that she had gotten my license plate number.

yesterday, in anniversary of that moment, my wife told me that it was the first time anyone had taken her out to a restaurant. she thinks about it fondly, i just shake my head at my stupid, stoner past self.
>>
>>7532319

>this type of thing is like drunk driving

Except that in retail they do inventory and take stock of their losses. When they're losing money because particular items start to go missing management starts putting eyes on those items, even if there isn't a real loss prevention staff in place, which there frequently is.
>>
>>7532329

5 Euros three years ago on a $30 check would have been a perfectly acceptable tip.
>>
>>7532336
it wasn't a tip, it was monopoly money meant to cover the whole check
>>
>>7532166

Are you retarded, we even have an /lgbt/ board here.

From what shit hole country do you come from?

You're honestly retarded if you think OP was baiting people by being gay, if anything you do that shit on /pol/ not on /ck/
>>
>>7532376
or having gay friends, I don't know what OP is
>>
was staying at a tourist hotel in North Korea. I kept the spoon in my pocket. food tasted really bad. shame the country is run by crazy people; the lands seem fertile and rich.
>>
I used to steal the little glass ramekins and smash them when I was walking home from kitchen work.

Oh to be 16 again
>>
>>7532516
Can you give your best description of the food? The Vice guy who went to North Korea said the same thing about the food. Weren't you afraid that you could land in deep shit if they found out a spoon was missing? Also post spoon.
>>
>>7531147
All the glassed in my cupboard were stolen by me and my wife
>>
>>7531053
>my best friend and his boyfriend

Degenerates gonna degenerate
>>
>>7532333
Which won't happen if you're doing a large enough rotation. Did you read all of my post?
>>
>>7532775
>Bigots gonna bigot
>Assholes gonna asshole
>>
i steal cups from fast food restaurants!! lol
>>
>>7532838
>being gay is okay
whatever faggot stay irrelevant
>>
>>7532838
FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG
>>
>>7531053
I steal the shit they leave out for us to take. If I'm getting takeout I'm going home with my pockets completely stuffed with napkins. I do it with platic utensils, salt, and hot sauce bottles
>>
>>7531053
Never dined and dashed (technically), but my friends and I did steal a full set of dishes from Dennys over the course of a couple months. Still have the stuff I lifted in the other room collecting dust.
>>
fucking degenerates itt
>>
>>7531053
What do you expect from someone who raised a faggot?
>>
>>7531053
Most of my silverware was stolen from the dining halls at my school.
>>
>once a week while in high school I would raid the Au Bon pain down the street after class. Order custom sandwiches, fill a couple to-go containers of soup, and yank some pretty bomb pastry. Pretend to go get a drink at the fountain poorly placed After checkout register and bounce when it was to busy to go noticed. Gf and I feasted like kings. Good times

Nowadays I just throw an extra avocado in my bag while browsing the local farmers market. Having been raised by someone that's worked in the service industry their whole life, stealing in a restaurant setting makes me feel like I'm just cheating some single mom out of a tip.
>>
>>7531053
stole one of those red robin freckled lemonade glasses a few years back. glad i did cause it has been the best novelty glass, ever.
>>
>>7533205
Gloria Vanderbilt raised a gay son too, you twit, that being Anderson Cooper, and I assure you you're trailer trash compared to her.

You're correlating two things that have nothing to do with one another, fucking dumbass.
>>
>>7531053
>she got bored and said let's go, and said she would mail them a check

lel
>>
>>7531053
A few years back the wetherspoons pub chain in the UK introduced Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea, and served it in those jam jar glasses. I and everyone else I know stole at least one of those glasses, and apparently everyone else did too because they stopped serving in those glasses within two months.
>>
>>7533277
>has any respect at all for Anderson Cooper
what a joke
>>
>>7532308
This
>>7532319
If you go to the same chain and keep doing it your friend is absolute dumbass. Easiest way to get caught is to keep coming back. They're building a case against him and each time he steals they get more evidence to actually get an arrest rather than just catching him and telling him not to come back.
>>
File: 1459001568053.jpg (45 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1459001568053.jpg
45 KB, 201x199
Yea, I've stolen a steak knife from every gourmet steak house/dirt ball steak house that has their name burned in the handle.
And I did a dine n dash with ten other friends at a pizza hut in the rich part of town. We had bought weed and smoked the whole eighter at dealer's house, not too hard with twelve heads on it. But we got hungry, and decided to use the last of our collective funds on an once of degeneracy. We decided to dine n dash at dealer bro 's house, and he was hungry too so he came, but his girl opted out.
Anyway, we placed our order right as a huge dinner rush was arriving, we ordered six pizzas, all large stuffed crust of different varieties, and had our dealer bro count out the cash we just spent on bud in front of waiter as we estimated the total. At the end of the meal we asked for boxes and one medium dessert pizza to be brought out with the check. Then i had what I thought was a great idea, being sixteen and looking younger I asked if there was a smoking section, dumb ass question but my age excused the ignorance, waiter said outside only. We all agreed a smoke would be nice, and dealer bro said he'd box up the pizza and throw them in the car, and switched the dessert to a to go order, so bus boy could clear the table; getting us out the door that much quicker. We stood on the side of the building opposite from our parking spot and lit up. Dealer bro fuckin screeches around the corner and we jumped in like our lives were on the line and peeled out.
On the way home dealer bro said he already gave the waiter a twenty dollar tip, so at least he didn't get stiffed.
I miss those days, sometimes.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.