[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is sriracha getting so much shit when tabasco is even worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: TabascoGallonJug.jpg (247 KB, 1242x1960) Image search: [Google]
TabascoGallonJug.jpg
247 KB, 1242x1960
Why is sriracha getting so much shit when tabasco is even worse while being also really popular?

Are we just hating on everything that's popular here?
>>
>>7531009
Both are meme foods
>>
>>7531009
Idk. I like them both. I've always preferred Tabasco because that's what was around when I was growing up. I still use it and probably always will.
>>
Why not buy some bulk cayenne pepper and be set for years? That stuff is too acidic and expensive.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 535x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 535x700
Are you talking about Tobasco Pepper Sauce or Tobasco Sriracha Sauce?

I think there's a difference between something being popular and people going overboard with something (e.g. bacon omgbbqwtf.) The hatred is towards the overboard shitposters.
>>
Sriracha I can only use as an addition. Adding it to soups, sauces, demi-glaces, purees. If I squirt it on anything as some kind of topping, I find it very disgusting. The garlic is too overpowering and needs to be dilutes. For a sauce, it lacks in acid and I think that's a huge flaw with it overall. It could do with some kind of additional vinegar or asian citrus to enhance the flavor a touch.

Tobasco is just good eating. You have to have a very childish palate to not enjoy it.
>>
I went to my local Raley's and they had a row of about 100 sriracha bottles lined up in it's own section. And then you go to the hot sauce section and you see a small section of several Tabasco.
>>
>>7531009

le meme food xD
>>
>>7531009
>one gallon of tabasco
MY FUCKING DICK
>>
>>7532318
lifetime supply, senpai
>>
>>7532708
I went through mine in a little over a year senpai
>>
File: 20151207_152054.jpg (2 MB, 2984x3720) Image search: [Google]
20151207_152054.jpg
2 MB, 2984x3720
>>7531009
>>7532318
I trump your Tabasco with Sriracha.
>>
Maybe because sriracha is cheap meme garbage while Tabasco is a barrel-aged American icon.
>>
File: Tbsco.jpg (237 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tbsco.jpg
237 KB, 768x1024
>>7531009
Have you even bought one?
>>
>>7532854
mah nigga. I got all excited when I toured the factory and bought me a gallon. Its so good but hard to use, I had to find a funnel and transfer it to smaller bottles I could manage. I still kept the big jug on the counter though because it's badass.
>>
>>7531009

Is this really possible??? A gallon jug??? ya know, I love this shit...something in there that stimulates me...I have time's where I'm jerkin my gerkin, sniffin a bottle of Mcilhenny's...my god it's so awesome...
>>
>>7532846
>8.5 lbs
wtf?!?!?!?
>>
>>7531009
Yes, tabasco is bad because the hot sauce that you, and you alone, know about is better. Isn't your taste so sophisticated for knowing about this great hot sauce no one has heard of? We all should be honored to be in your presence and would like to hear more about your tastes.
>>
>>7532318
Its hard to do a Tabasco enema with a normal sized bottle.
>>
>>7532897
>something in there that stimulates me...I have time's where I'm jerkin my gerkin, sniffin a bottle of Mcilhenny's...my god it's so awesome...

I had a friend who said you can actually get high huffing hot sauce. I didn't feel anything doing it myself. Is there really something to it?
>>
>Are we just hating on everything that's popular here?

yes dumbass this is the cornerstone of 4chan

this is the hive of contrarian dumbfucks
>>
>>7532854

I feel like I need one of those bottles for when I get growlers of beer at breweries.
>>
>>7533636
I hate this post because it's a popular response to questions of the nature OP asked.
>>
>>7532851
>vinegar peppery saus
>american icon

Oh, ok.
>>
>>7533716
It is though.
>>
What is the best hot sauce that's available everywhere? I don't like sriracha, tabasco is too vinegary, franks isn't as vinegary but its really lacking in heat. Believe it or not I've been buying the walmart house brand hot sauce, a mix of habanero and tabasco, good flavor and heat, the vinegar isn't overwhelming, it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>7531087
>Tabasco is spelled correctly right there in your image
>Spell it incorrectly TWICE in your garbage post

Kill yourself.
>>
>>7533636
>there's no way my opinion could just be shit, i-it must be contrarianism!
Kill yourself retard.
>>
Cha is actually a good fucking condiment when you don't drench shit in it. Tabasco really should be used to provide a little moisture and spice as it blows most other flavors away, it's too overpowering. You're right, OP, people jack off with cha but fuck Tabasco
>>
The only issue with tabasco is that it's overpriced. Yeah it's aged for a year or two, but so is soy sauce, and it still doesn't cost 3 dollars for a tiny bottle.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.