[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is fell for "eating porridge everyday" is healthy meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x225
Who is fell for "eating porridge everyday" is healthy meme?
>>
>>7530418
You mean oatmeal?
>>
>>7530418
It's pretty good for you in moderation. Fiber gets you guttyworks moving in the morning and is also good for the heart or something. I'm not a doctor.
>>
>>7530430
So why post information you haven't validated?
>>
>>7530432
Because it's probably true.
>>
>>7530436
How can you even say that when in your mind it has equal probability of being false?

You're retarded. Companies advertise lies all the time to sell their products. That isn't to say oatmeal doesn't provide any health value but the claims you made could be embellished or completely false.
>>
>>7530430
Fiber is a huge anti nutrient so high fiber foods like oatmeal make you vitamin deficient.
>>
>>7530426
No. He definitely means porridge
>>
Oatmeal gives me a bunch of energy throughout the morning and early afternoon,
>>
File: scotts-oats.jpg (49 KB, 537x347) Image search: [Google]
scotts-oats.jpg
49 KB, 537x347
>>7530418
As porridge oats provide a healthy and natural source of fibre they have been proven to help reduce cholesterol. It is the soluble fibre called beta-glucan in porridge that acts like a sponge in the intestines and absorbs and eliminates cholesterol-rich bile acids.

Basically its not full of shitty chemical and sugar like Americans eat everyday
>>
>>7530440
Ah, a fellow carnist! Good day to you sir! I receive all of my nutrients from organs, and fill my daily calorie allowance with fatty cuts of meat! Who needs fiber?
>>
>>7530418
Waking up to a nice slice of toasted protein banana bread in steaming hot milk then using the left over milk for Coffee. Gotta mix this cut up
>>
>>7530462
Nowhere did that poster imply that your diet should be completely devoid of fiber.

Nice shitposting, though.
>>
>>7530418
i put peanut butter and a sliced up banana in mine, it's tasty as fuck desu
>>
>>7530418
>Who is fell for
>>
>>7530468
Words like "anti-nutrient" and "vitamin deficient" are a pretty big fucking tipoff
>>
>>7530462
>>7530468
>>7530503
It's a serial shitposter who has some grudge against fiber and lacks basic scientific literacy
>>
>>7530522
>scientific literacy
What?
>>
>>7530522
Do you think it is a coincidence that Asians have always eaten white rice? They just remove nutrients from food for fun? No, it is because they found they are healthier when they remove the fiber, and today we know that is because it is an anti nutrient.
>>
This is why America has such a massive obesity problem and a low age of death
>>
>>7530525
>Paleo logic
Wew
>>
>>7530527
High saturated fat and salt junk food that people wash down with high caffeine and sugar drinks. No wonder so people have heart and blood medication by their 30s.

People wheeze and get out of breath going up one set of stairs
>>
>>7530503
A tipoff that they're ignorant/shitposting or a tipoff that you should imply they're telling you to avoid fiber?

Because I don't think you could imply the latter from the information given.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.