[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming a cook at burger joint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: karen_b_burger_ysumba.jpg (32 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
karen_b_burger_ysumba.jpg
32 KB, 200x300
Hey /ck/, so I've been looking for a new job and I got an interview at this new burger joint that's opening up in my city. There's actually a few around here, but I've never been to one. It's a "trendy" place I guess, definitely looks good. I have an interview for a position as a chef on Monday, and I'm wondering, just how hard is it to be a cook at your average burger joint? I've worked before at Panera bread and I currently work at a grocery store chopping up fruits and veggies and throwing together recipes from time to time. I'm not an idiot either, I learn pretty fast.
>>
>>7530320

It's not hard, I haven't worked in a burger joint, but you're making burgers. Chances are they will train you with their recipes and whatever else. Even then, you will probably in charge of cooking the meat or whatever or assembling it all together.
>>
>>7530727
Hmm, okay, doesn't seem crazy difficult. If they're willing to train me from the standpoint of "I have never had to work a grill before" then I should be fine, I hope.
>>
>>7530764

You have never grilled a hamburger? Please leave America.
>>
>>7530320

How are you getting an interview for a chef position with no culinary experience beyond cold pantry stations?
>>
>>7530776
I have grilled a hamburger, many actually. That's not the hard part. Being a cook in a professional environment and having to adhere to standards I'm not even 100% aware of is the problem.

>>7530779
Shit, I wish I knew. Maybe their standards are low? Maybe they train well?
>>
>>7530789

So this is an actual chef position where you will be managing all aspects of back of the house operations from menu planning, food ordering, division of labor, running the kitchen brigade through service?

No it's a line cook position they are calling "a chef", pays $12 an hour and you will answer to the scum of the earth: restaurant managers, evil middle management douche bags that can't even fry a fucking egg.
>>
>>7530800
I deliberately didn't use the word "chef" for this reason.

I've got no problems with that because I basically already do that.
>>
>>7530836
>chef

You have an interview for a chef position Monday morning. That is what I was referring to
>>
>>7530840
Ohhh
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.