[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blendtec vs Vitamix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Blendtec-vs-vitamix3.jpg (104 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
Blendtec-vs-vitamix3.jpg
104 KB, 540x527
Which machine reigns supreme?
>>
File: 70315_1.jpg (90 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
70315_1.jpg
90 KB, 800x800
>>
>>7530218
They both have advantages. I'll be able to compare mine with my BF's after Blendtec sends me a new pitcher to replace the one that melted its gasket while making too-moist almond butter. They both trip their thermal fuses when doing very thick stuff. I've quit making peanut and almond butter since it's cheaper to just buy it from Aldi-for-people-who-don't-want-to-shop-at-Aldi.

Get yourself some hearing protection if you don't want tinnitus.
>>
>>7530218
A guy here always complains about the Vitamix containers in these threads, so I guess it's Blendtec.
>>
>>7530236
Is it true that the blunt blade in the Blendtec does a more thorough job of blending and pulverizing food than the sharp blade of the Vitamix?

Seems like lots of Blendtec advocates rate the fat blunt edge as a pro, though it seems counterintuitive to me.
>>
>>7530244
The main thing is that the default Blendtec container is designed for both wet and dry usage. The Vitamix has separate containers for each function and only comes with the wet container, so you have to buy a dry container if you want to do grains frquently. The Vitamix wet container is perfectly capable of doing grains and stuff, but they blunt the blades more quickly and the plastic goes cloudy after a while.
>>
>>7530224
Garbage-tier need not apply
>>
>>7530241
It's annoying trying to get stuff.out the bottom of a Vitamix pitcher.

>>7530244
Blendtec seems to get stuff smoother. But it usually gets things sll up the sides and lid so I need to scrape and lick shit. Not a hassle with the sides being flat.
>>
>>7530218

I have no experience with either but the one on the right is larger, implying a larger and thus more powerful motor.
>>
>>7530282
It's actually close to the same power output. Vitamix makes there base heavier so users don't need to keep their hands on top of the pitcher as much to keep it in place, and maybe also because they don't balance the motor as finely as Blendtec does.

See Ave's Blendtec videos though. I don't remember what his conclusions were, but that shit is entertaining.
>>
Wait isn't the blendtec one from the YT channel "willitblend"?
>>
>>7530313
Yes, but that's a higher end model and not the $300 one you'd get for home use.
>>
>>7530218
blend tec takes much longer and requires scraping, they're coming out with a version that comes with a tamper despite them shitting on vitamix for having one.
>>
Sous chef here. We have Vitamix and work and I have Blendtec at home so I have experience with both.

Power/performance: virtually identical. they are both as powerful as you can get on a standard wall outlet (Though Blentec makes a special model that is even more powerful and requires a special outlet)

Durability: Blendtec wins easily. Vitamix has had several recalls for their blade assemblies breaking. Blendtec even makes a version of their jar for Vitamix blenders. That's what we use at the restaurant since the Vitamix jars don't last as long.

Controls: Different, and a matter of personal choice. Vitamix is foolproof: a big on/off switch (Easy to use with greasy hands), and a knob for speed. Blendtec has a touchpad with pre-programmed cycles. Blendtec's controls are easier to clean and more sanitary with no chance of crud getting into a switch or behind a knob. On the other hand, I prefer the Vitamix's simplicity.

Jar selection: Blendtec wins big. Vitamix has only their standard-size jar. Blendtec makes jars in various sizes. The smaller ones are very convenient for making nut butters, chopping small amounts of herbs, sauces, etc. Those small jars with the special lid work with heavy pastes much better than the standard jar.

While I admit I prefer the Vitamix controls, Blendtec wins overall.
>>
>>7530317

Not true. When those videos came out they were made with the "Total Blender", which is now their basic model. While it is true that they have a special super-powerful model (Tom Dickson Edition), that came out after the will-it-blend videos did.

The original model (aka "Total Blender") is the best deal going since you can get a factory refurbished model with full warranty for much less than competing models. That's the exact same model used in the videos.
>>
>>7530224
I have one of these. It was a gift so I can't really complain but it is pretty fucking shit tier.

I still use it everyday god damn it does work. But just because it works doesn't mean others don't do its job better.

The only reason I haven't upgraded is because it just works. Struggling with frozen fruit or ice is a bit annoying though
>>
Blendtec jars are far better. The asymmetrical sides prevent stuff from getting caught in the corners and never getting 'into the swirl' like you see on Vitamix. The computerized pulsing times the 'waves' so that everything on all sides get washed down into the vortex. That's why they don't need tampers unless you're dealing with thick nut butters, which in that case Blendtec has a specialty jar which Vitamix has no answer to. Blendtec even sells a jar that fits on Vitamix bases.

Basically Vitamix hasn't changed in years. They didn't innovate, thinking their original design didn't need improvement. For a time, it was good. So along came Blendtec with a bullet list of the Vitamix's deficiencies and nailed Vitamix to a cross. Get the Blendtec.
>>
Will it blend
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.