[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just turned a can of chickpeas into meringue, what are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: aquafaba.jpg (156 KB, 1847x1039) Image search: [Google]
aquafaba.jpg
156 KB, 1847x1039
I just turned a can of chickpeas into meringue, what are you up to tonight?
>>
Neato. I haven't tried that yet since I usually prefer to eat only whole foods. Are you taking bf applications?
>>
>>7530051
What? B-but how?
>>
>>7530056
filthy vegans
>>
>>7530051
Does it have an overt beany flavour or is it neutral?
>>
File: peanutbutter.webm (692 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
peanutbutter.webm
692 KB, 640x360
>aquafaba

Weird coincidence, I just learned this word today.

I was watching this recipe for Tong Yuan, then started looking through the channel I found some vegan cookies made with the stuff. Sounds kinda gross, but whatever. I always toss canning liquid, it's so slimy.
>>
>>7530056

1. Drain liquid from a can of chickpeas
2. Measure out 12 tbsp
3. Pour into a stand mixer
4. On medium speed, shake in cream of tartar and allow to mix thoroughly so that there aren't any clumps
5. Increase speed to medium-high, and when you start getting soft peaks, add in 1.5 cups of powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time, so that each one is mixed in before the next is added
6. When you get stiff peaks, add in a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract slowly, and continue whisking until it returns to optimum stiffness

>>7530055

I'm a guy
>>
>>7530070

After you add 1.5 cups of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, no, it's not beany at all that I can tell.
>>
>>7530078
Are you taking bf applications?
>>
>>7530084
No, I have a gf
>>
>>7530084
Quit asking this in every thread loser
>>
File: meringue2.jpg (134 KB, 1847x1039) Image search: [Google]
meringue2.jpg
134 KB, 1847x1039
They came out decent, considering I've never made meringue cookies before.
>>
>>7530051
The whole can? You're only supposed to use the liquid, dude.
>>
>>7530232

Har
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.