[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I pour beer? I've looked up a lot of Youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: beer_10.jpg (21 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
beer_10.jpg
21 KB, 640x430
How the fuck do I pour beer? I've looked up a lot of Youtube videos and I still struggle with pouring it right. I turn the glass 45 degrees, pour, and then as it gets closer to the top I straighten out the gIass. And yet I still feel like I'm not doing it right, it never looks "good" or as presentable as it does in the videos or at the bar. Anyone have any good advice for pouring?
>>
Depends on the setting. I mean beer.
>>
>>7529698
Rub the bridge of your nose with your thumb and run it around the rim of the glass.
>>
I don't. Alcohol begins forming carcinogens as soon as it touches the tongue, and makes people too boring to do anything for the rest of the evening. The most I've ever had was a half pint I shared with my bf at a cat themed vegan burger bar in Barcelona.
>>
Follow your intuition. There are too many variables for one perfect pouring technique.

Pour onto the side and if the foam is getting wild change the angle or slow down. Aim to fill the glass as much as possible whitout flattening the head.

It's beer, who the fuck is judging you so hard that it needs to look perfect and beautiful?
>>
>>7529721

Wow holy fuck I know I'm willingly taking some bait here but bitch don't post in the thread if it does not interest you
>>
>>7529721
What is this shitty post? I dont think you even set out to achieve anything but you still fucked up miserably.
>>
>>7529721
2/10. Would be 0 but a people are embarrassed enough by you to tell you how shit you ate .
>>
Dude I will pour a 40 into a glass to tape how you need to do it if it helps your ass

Seriously just don't produce foam, practice with soda if you have to
>>
>>7529721
I'm just embarrassed really

OP if you're still around I spent ten seconds recording this video and at least two minutes rendering this shit in vegas, give it a watch if you want to see how to pour a beer at least halfway correctly - it's not a 40 but I'm cracking that in a hot second

https://youtu.be/dWTgXQ4-MZQ
>>
The cleanliness of the glass and the temperature of the beer effect the foam or "head"
>>
>>7529718
That way you won't get a proper head.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT9cnad5-VY
>>
File: hailthebeerbeforeserving.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
hailthebeerbeforeserving.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>7529698
>let me show you
>>
>>7529698
>>7530891

just kidding its all about angle... try holding the glass at 45° and pour the beer slowly by keeping the stream of liquid at the inside of the glass. for a nice "crown" of foam at the end just tilt the glass upright while pouring the last 1/4 of beer into the stein.
>>
glass at 45 degrees
pour bottle into center of top of glass
make sure beer is cold
make sure the bottle/can doesn't glug
you can begin tilting the glass to it's normal position as the foam reaches the rim
>>
>>7530906
oh right forgot about the "glug" part... it should be a constant stream of liquid not intervals otherwise you'll get the same result as any other carbonated drink that is poured too fast and too shaky a lot of foam and less liquid.
>>
Drink from the bottle
>>
How the fuck do I tie my shoelaces? I've looked up a lot of Youtube videos and I still struggle with tying them right. I fold each end of the lace into single “bunny ear.” ...
I cross the bunny ears so that they form an “X” in the air.. and so on and so forth, And yet I still feel like I'm not doing it right, it never looks "good" or as presentable as it does in the videos or on the other guys at my LARP meetings. Anyone have any good advice for tying shoelaces?
>>
File: knots.png (19 KB, 403x280) Image search: [Google]
knots.png
19 KB, 403x280
>>7530991
You joke, but a worrying number of people tie their shoes with a granny knot instead of a proper square knot, letting their laces come undone almost constantly.
>>
>>7529793
Nice hat me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXrqDNae7Co
>>
45 degree tilt til just over half way, then straight pour. This is not recommended for that delicate belgian stuff. That will foam up if you look at it wrong
>>
File: DSC_0093.jpg (744 KB, 1196x1800) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0093.jpg
744 KB, 1196x1800
>>7532338
>This is not recommended for that delicate belgian stuff. That will foam up if you look at it wrong
yeah...
>>
>>7532347
I can pour this stuff delicate as hell and still end up with a massive head. Is it the yeast or what?
>>
>>7532379
They're rather vigorously carbonated and use quite a lot of wheat, which improves head.
>>
>>7532407
Weird. I've never really thought of Belgians as aggressively carbonated. They always just seem sort of sparkly. Ya know?
>>
>>7532619
Vigorously*
>>
>>7531002
You do your shoes with double knots? What a great way to jam your laces.
>>
>>7529698
Belgian here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzm4OirKzts
>>
>>7529793
ur cute no homo
>>
>>7529698
Just make sure the stream of beer always hits the glass, not the beer in the glass, unless you want to create foam. You only want to do that towards the end. Additionally, don't let it splatter too far down, be gentle to it. Pour it onto the glass close to the rim and let it flow down.
>>
>>7534672
Some weirdos prefer to make the head first and then pour the rest of the beer, thinking it'll stand longer.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.