[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camping thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 614x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 614x345
Ok /ck/, going camping a few days with 3 other people, need some easy recipes to make for the next 5 days. NO FUCKING MREs!

Got the following:
Mini Webber Q
Butan gas cooker
Kettle
Bar fridge
Other basic kitchen shit
>>
>>7529531

>>>/out/ would be a good board to ask this. But since you're bringing a grill, I assume you're car camping and thus you're able to take a bunch of ingredients.
Burgers, hotdogs, and if you're feeling fancy some wild game to get in the camping mood.
Keep it simple with the spices. bring some eggs and pancake mix for breakfast.

And bring booze, for Christ's sake.
>>
Fuck carrying all that shit for eating outdoors, I just bring along high quality salami (capricolo, sopressatta) in a few daily-rationed vacuum sealed packs. Also cheese and bread the same way, kept in a cooler.
>>
>>7529531
whats the point in camping and cooking on gas?
>>
>>7529555

Yeah that's generally what I do. But like I said, it seems like OP is car camping. Weight shouldn't be too much of an issue.
When I go camping I like to bring 1 Mountain House meal, fruit, trail mix, some homemade jerky, some beans, and beef bullion (the later 3 for a stew, along with some spices)
>>
>>7529563

Oh, plus some coffee.
>>
>>7529531
Since you are car camping you can cook whatever you want. You can even bring a pressure cooker with you.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 640x480
You should make a big pot of jambalaya. A beer is great to have with it too.
>>
>>7529548
>>7529548
Honestly, this is pretty spot on. If you're with girls, make sure you wake up early and cook breakfast for them... Chicks love that shit. Corned beef hash is good. You could always buy some decent steaks for a special night or something. But yes.... Booze is a must.
>>
This is my topic for sure

bisquick or similar
bacon
eggs(get an egg carrier, absolutely worth it)
minute rice and grains(oatmeal and buckwheat are best)
curry mix(japanese)
gorp and lots of it
dried and cooked meats
>ate a beef jerky curry in the shadow of Mt Odin on Baffin Island that changed my life
root vegetables
dried fruit
dried soups (try swedish fruit soups if you haven't they're amazing)
clarified butter and/or solid fats to cook with
COFFEE
HOT COCOA
sugar, salt, spices
steaks for day 1, maybe get extra and make your own jerky, it's fun
at a minimum have: medium pan, pot, metal bowl or another pot, LIDS, knife and small knife, tongs/chopsticks, cooking spoon and fork, coffeepot. Everyone brings their own plate/mug/utensils.

have somewhat of a meal plan, with hot water always the first thing to do, and use the eggs in mixes, not just cooked, unless you have a ton.

cook and clean immediately, never let your kitchen get behind. budget food realistically and rely on your calorie dense carbs

make: bannock, oat and wheat cakes, curry, stews, soups, roasted veg, etc etc. have fun. take pics; post OC

>>7529548
>And bring booze, for Christ's sake.

good idea, Lana
>LANAAAAAAAA
>>
>>7529593
Mmmm, meaty risotto shit, looks tits. Thanks anon
>>
>>7529548
Yes, will be bringing a fuck load of beer, wine, port, rum etc etc, also bottlo is 15 mins away in case we run out. Camping at a carvan park next to the beach in south west Aussie land. Powered site, got two tents, gazebo, bean bags, rugs, fishing gear, not 100% if I can fit the bar fridge, but fuck i'm gonna try.

Trying to go easy on the carbs (ie pasta, noodles, rice, fuck you); so salads, meats, zoodles(?), more booze, fish, bbq corn. That reminds me, I need some weed....

>>7529555
Gonna make my own jerky tonight using supermarket beef fillets, the meats pretty lean and I'll marinate and dry rub the shit out of it. Bought about 1kg, that'll probably dehydrate to 700ish grams over about 9 hours at 70c. Tried making roo jerky and overcooked it a few weeks back, was edible but way to tough.

>>7529565
Got that instant powered stuff (beats nescafe, but not by much), used to making a cup in the morning with espresso machine, bugger me...

>>7529666
Nice post, cheers brah. Will try and bring back pics next Friday.
>>
>>7529943
That's not camping, mate.
That's living in luxury in a slightly different location.
I'm hell jelly though.
>>
>>7529531

Bung all of that in the bin and take hardtack and beef jerky. If anyone complains take their share and eat it. Maybe take some chicken stock to boil the hardtack in. It'll taste good.
>>
>>7529966
Haha, yeah that pretty much sums up what we're trying to achieve. Trying not to ride the glamping thing and it appears I'm failing miserably, oh well.
>>
>>7530019
You'll still have an awesome time. As long as there's nice water and great fishing (hard to find both here in SE Qld), you're living the dream.
Like I said, I'm jelly as fuck.
>>
>>7529943

alright m8. have fun and post pics of your bush tucker
>>
>>7529593
Looks like a sloppy paella.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.