[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who best lager here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: aaa.jpg (18 KB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
18 KB, 230x250
who best lager here?
>>
>>7527819
I'm Australian and literally the first time I even had an opportunity to try this beer was at an Australian-themed restaurant in New York City.

It is simply not drunk here. Ever. Most bottle shops don't even sell it. When I finally did try it, it was absolutely awful.
>>
>>7527855
>Australian
why are Austrailian always ragging on this great beer. you guys are traders to your own peoples.
>>
>>7527855
Australian here also, first and last time I had it was when I was in a pub in Wales

>>7527919
Because it's shit
>>
>>7527919
>traders
do you mean traitors?
also fosters a shit. it smells like feet.
>>
>>7527919
>why are Austrailian always ragging on this great beer. you guys are traders to your own peoples.
Perhaps we just know of many more Australian beers that are much, much better - though perhaps haven't been marketed as well overseas.

There's an excellent demotivational that I was shown years ago now that I can't find at the moment on Google, but it reads "Foster's: Australia's joke on the world since 1889", and I agree with that sentiment. If you think Foster's is good, I could blow your mind with some other Aussie beers.
>>
>>7527855
>>7527925
>>7527949
When I was a child, it was a bogan backyard staple along with VB and XXXX. They seem to have somehow lost the Australian market when they focused on the foreign market.

You can find it in most Woolworths or Coles owned bottleshops today. They're working to regain their foothold here. It's no worse than VB. Which is to say it's pretty bad, but there are plenty of Australians who would drink it if it became familiar again.
>>
>>7527983
Only people I've seen buying fosters are 70+ year old dudes who have trouble carrying 2 long necks in a brown paper bag 30 metres back to their car kek
>>
>>7527819

fosters is fucking cat man
>>
All Aussie beers from Tooheys or CUB all taste nearly identical, the only reason Foster's is not popular is because they don't have a trendy advertising campaign.
>>
>>7527819
Fosters is pretty popular (for lager drinkers) in Britain because it's consistent and cheap.

It's nothing to rave about, it's just Ok and drinkable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.