[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about Tabasco that makes it so hard for the knockoffs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: preview-red.jpg (184 KB, 735x735) Image search: [Google]
preview-red.jpg
184 KB, 735x735
What is it about Tabasco that makes it so hard for the knockoffs and store brands to imitate?

Is it the specific chili they use, or the aging process?

Because I really hate having to pay double for Tabasco but Louisiana and Crystal just taste too different and weak. And Walmart's store brand simply can't get it right. Which is funny because for just about everything else I can't tell the difference between Walmart brand and name brand.
>>
>>7527648
Nothing can imitate it. There are a lot of reasons why. Why don't you google Tabasco? I admit its pepper flavored vinegar but it's flavor is so distinct and great, iconic even.
>>
>>7527648

>i really hate having to pay double

All of the hot sauces you can get at Walmart cost almost nothing.

If you're using that much Tabasco that an extra dollar for a bottle is a significant expense for you then it sounds like you need to rearrange your priorities.
>>
>>7527648

the company has a monopoly on the specific pepper they use. This hot sauce takes 3 years to make. No other company is going to risk that much time and effort to try to compete with a brand that
>>
>>7527648

I know what you mean, bought a cheaper hot sauce called louisiana gold pepper sauce for half price, wanted to save some money and while it does taste kind of like tabasco it isn't nearly as potent and you need to use a lot more of it to even taste it in food, I mainly use tabasco for chili and dipping sauces and just a few drops make a huge difference while other brands just disappear in the flavor.
>>
If you mix Crystal Hot Sauce with Yucatan haberno sauce, you'll get a mixture that taste like tobasco.

Buying both sauces is cheaper than a big bottle of tobasco.
>>
>>7527815

If you mix jizz and water it looks pretty, kind of like cigarette smoke.
>>
I think crystal tastes better for the cost than Tabasco, but that's just my opinion
>>
>>7527648
Its the barrels they use to age it. Why does no one ever understand this? The pepper means almost nothing. It is a meme pepper. The distinct and unique flavor comes from the old whiskey barrels they age the sauce in.
>>
>>7527648
They have old black guys working in the plant and they spit tobacco juice into the barrels.
>>
Crystal is way better anyway
>>
>>7528022
I put up a pedestal and warship it, forbidden to lay eyes on it. after several generations, .. I'm Jewish and love bagels.
>>
I use that sauce on pizza-hut pizza instead of the default packet sauce
>>
>>7527995
>meme pepper
You realise how much of a retard you are?
>>
>>7528063
If you were to use any other decent quality red pepper in it's place, the overall taste would vary very little. The major source of flavor comes from the aging process in the whiskey barrels.
>>
>>7528063

do YOU realize how much of an INTERNETTTTT LOLLLLLLLLLLL CONDESCENDING TONE DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RETARD FAG MEME LMFAO

you are?
>>
I hate the tabasco sauce in restaurants that tastes watered down and gross. Fucking shit teir sauce that says tabasco on the bottle
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.