[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Durian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 408093600_4ee973b0e4.jpg (24 KB, 617x534) Image search: [Google]
408093600_4ee973b0e4.jpg
24 KB, 617x534
>hear durian is this weird fruit with indescribable taste and weird smell
>order durian smoothie
>it tastes like raw daikon radish, raw onion, and some sort of a fruit
>smells like medicine
>was expecting to be surprised either in a good or a bad way
>just completely meh and weird, but not weird enough

Did you fall for the durian meme too?
>>
>>7527637
>meme

I wish people stop making meme threads on /ck/. It's fucking annoying.
>>
The imported stuff always seems a bit washed out compared to what you get in south east Asia, but at least you get the general idea.
>>
>>7527640
yeah, its what happens when people who are not really interested in the topic of the board and try to be funny.

they find something funny on /b/ or /r9k/ and bring it to other boards. just makes a bunch of fucking cancer, best thing to do is hide post and hope to god their computers explode
>>
Sort of related experience. My mom lauded clotted cream to me. Finally tried it. Tastes like congealed air.
>>
>>7527755
The fuck was wrong with that cream?
>>
>>7527637
>ordering a smoothie
>not eating the fresh flesh of the fruit on its own

You dont deserve an oppinion on this topic.
Just fuck off and have a long hard think about your life.
>>
>>7528228
Smoothies are a much better way of try a hard to get fruit in the US. US grocery stores love selling fruit and veggies the entire year and don't care about taste at all if the fruit looks ok on the outside.

Smoothies often times use frozen fruit, which will never be as good as good fresh, but usually has a consistent decent taste since they are normally made from the fruit while they are in season.
>>
>>7528242
Cool story.
Doesnt change anything though, a smoothie doesnt compare to fresh fruit.
How is your reading comprehension? Below average?
>>
>>7528242
>durian
>smoothie
Just fly down to SEA to try it. I think Malaysia has the best durians
>>
>>7528242
More mayo white boi?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.