[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glorious Korea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: 20160331_211756~2.jpg (2 MB, 2340x3668) Image search: [Google]
20160331_211756~2.jpg
2 MB, 2340x3668
Is there a single thing Koreans don't do splendidly right? Barring ruining video games, of course.

Korean food is simple, delicious and cheap. It is the perfect diet for a poor person, like me, who wants to eat with fresh ingredients.

They make great movies, too.

Post Korean food. Gimme secret Korean grandma recipes.
>>
kek boshingtan
>>
>>7527519
What does that mean?
>>
>>7527495

So what do we call you? A keeaboo?
>>
>>7527531
Dog killing. I like Korean food, but we don't have enough of cheap Korean places in the states.
>>
>>7527495
most of their food are just pickles from one kind to another.

the bowls you are seeing are some what of a modern invention.

historically, till the mid 1950s, korea, both north and south, are very poor, infertile and lack of resources.

Korean traditional cuisine's a joke.

Their main flavor is simply salty (remember hot pepper is an AMERICAN continent native plant and only reached korea in the mid 1800s).

But whatever bruh, enjoy them.
>>
File: 9.jpg (200 KB, 1038x769) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
200 KB, 1038x769
>>7527541
>history
Who fucking cares? The English used to eat boiled dirt.

Pickled vegetables are fucking king.
>>
I tried kimchi once and it was pig disgusting.

Coreans do make good movies though. I'll give you that.
>>
>>7527537
Koreaboo.
>>
>>7527537
Koreaboo is the popular term.
>>
>>7527552
I can smell that. Smells like pussy
>>
>>7527495
Is this stir fried beef with a raw fucking egg on top?
>>
>>7527495
>tried cooking korean food
>found it hilariously simple to make it taste as good as real korean restaurants

I swear, korean cooking is so simple and delicious.
>>
>>7527942
Eggs are sterile
>>
>>7527942
The stone bowl is hot so you can just cook the egg on the inside surface.
>>
>>7527541
South Korea was a breadbasket, North Korea was resource rich mountain/forest land. You're making it sound like the land itself magically changed in the last sixty years.
>>
File: 1452316634814.jpg (1022 KB, 2200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452316634814.jpg
1022 KB, 2200x1200
>>
>>7527541
I'm inclined to agree with this anonymous feller.

Korean food it's mostly vinegar and sugar. Not even close to japanese cooking that apparently they are trying to emulate.
>>
>>7527896
like you know what pussy smells like, faggot
>>
>>7527541
>MUH HISTORICAL AUTHENTICITY

Last time I checked I live in 2016, what the fuck does the cuisine of the pre-industrial era have to do with anything?
>>
>>7528457
If those NK mountains are resource rich then they sure as fuck do not know how to exploit them.
>>
stooping a despotic dictator from ruling half their country?
>>
>>7528511
oh really, big government in an area without capitalism is bad at doing thing? Who would have though?
>>
>>7527942

it's called bibimbap
>>
>>7528522
NK has been good buddies with Russia and on good terms with China for a long time. I'd imagine their knowledge of draining the ground out of anything worthy would have been passed to NK. Especially when Russia trades guns for anything.
>>
>>7528550
Its not so much knowledge as it is the fact that governments are inherently bad at doing things efficiently
>>
Koreans stop to take a piss in the middle of the street. No humility at all, It is commonplace. They stink to high heaven, they lack manners and slurp every fucking thing they get their wood sticks on.

I like Koreans as much as I like crotch rot.
>>
>>7528560
therefor their food is not tasty, I follow the logic
>>
The only people who don't like Korean food are weebs trying to fit in with Japs.

Fuck the Japs and fuck weebs, I love bibimbap and KBBQ. You can stuff your plates of raw fish up your retard asses.
>>
>>7528493
>>7527541

t. Takeshi and Chang
>>
>>7528625
>t. Sophia Kim

CAN'T EVEN MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>7528560
Found the jap
>>
>>7528625
>sophia kim
Holy shit.
>>
>>7528625
>Sophia Kim

REKT
>>
File: 29677351_p0.jpg (284 KB, 1040x840) Image search: [Google]
29677351_p0.jpg
284 KB, 1040x840
>>7528625
>Sophia Kim
>>
>>7528625
POETRY
>>
>>7528720
>nip
>with a name like lynda
c'mon Stacey
>>
>>7528625
ayylmao
>>
>>7528468
>l-let's all just ignore this
>>
Due to their inferior complex about Japan, South Korea has been desperately trying to make themselves sound cooler since the 80s. They subsidize their K-pop and K-dramas and then dump it on the developing countries. Then they slowly write articles on how Korean culture is popular all over the world which would then be noticed by the developed countries because "journalists" like to copy & paste each other without any research. Notice how there are suddenly a million kimchi articles in English. OP fell for it hook, link, and sinker. And now here we are in a Koreaboo thread.
>>
>>7528813
nip defence force detected

Sorry your island is as shit as their peninsula
>>
>>7528493
kek this weeb doesn't think both Japanese and Korean cuisine are rip offs of Chinese cuisine
>>
>>7528813
>he fell for the contrarian meme
>>
That raw egg doesn't look too appetizing
>>
>>7527541
>>most of their food are just pickles from one kind to another.
this is an exageration...the cuisine is deffintly preserve heavy and meals are generaly built with those flavours in mind as condiments but i think your isteaking the sides for the mains

>>the bowls you are seeing are some what of a modern invention.
so? when you break down most cuisines they are actually fairly modern inventions industrial and social revolutions have drasticaly changed what we eat

>>historically, till the mid 1950s, korea, both north and south, are very poor, infertile and lack of resources.
how many cuisines from europe do we romanticize as being the product of poor prople on rough ish land making creative rustic dishes....fail to see a point here

>>Korean traditional cuisine's a joke.
subjective and unsubstansive

>>Their main flavor is simply salty (remember hot pepper is an AMERICAN continent native plant and only reached korea in the mid 1800s).
yesyes....chili peppers are from the americas and they dramaticaly changed global cuisine between 1600s-1800s.....but most every place they went developed differently and the korean preperation of chiles is deffinatly pretty different and unique
>>
>>7529976
The whole picture doesn't look that nice, because I can't be assed. The stone bowl is hot as fuck and cooks the egg when you mix it all up. Are you afraid of raw eggs, like a pussy?
>>
why are there so many japanophiles on this board?
>>
>>7527495
>korean food
>cheap
Korean here. Just fuck my life up
Everythings so fucking expensive here i'd compare the grocery price to fucking australia.(im just back from shopping) It's kind of worse here cuz average income is pretty low. the prices here are literally robbing given that country like japan is also expensive af but at least people get paid well

Some foods are not bad(chinese-korean food is great and also some korean bbq.) Whereas others are shit and rip off.(authentic korean meal they call 'baekban' is so fucking gross)

Avoid korean style sashimi because they'll have you dip your fresh fish to some cheap ass gochujang and pay as much as other decent sushiya

>>7530093
Japan is so much superior culturally and economically and basically in every other aspects than korea
>>
Wait...what's even going on in this thread?
>>
>>7529942
Japanese and Chinese cuisine are worlds apart. China have influenced Japan in many ways but their cuisines are not similar at all, if you look beyond "soy sauce" but I doubt you do that.
>>
>>7530146
Nip internet defense force getting triggered by people enjoying Korean food.
>>
>>7530139
Jesus, this is just embarrassing
>>
looks like fucking dogfood desu
>>
>>7527955
This is true made some beef bulgogi the other day shit was as easy as pouring yourself a bowl of cereal
>>
>>7530139
Baiting for the "fuck you red button nip monkey" screencap.
>>
>>7527541
>(remember hot pepper is an AMERICAN continent native plant and only reached korea in the mid 1800s).
americunt edukashun everyone
>>
>>7530950
>not knowing that capsicum is a new world indigenous species
>le amurrka may may
what a dumb faggot
>>
>>7530139
Self-hating gook
>>
>>7530139
If you're korean, give me your recipes, faggot. I'll make them for half the price.
>>
>>7530139
>read korean cooking blog
>author recommends chinese or japanese brands for everything because they're higher quality than korean shit

kek, I bet korea is miserable.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.