[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really love crystallized honey. What's the secret to starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: anime bee.jpg (237 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
anime bee.jpg
237 KB, 600x840
I really love crystallized honey. What's the secret to starting crystal formation in a bottle of ordinary honey?
I know that if you use raw honey, the impurities make it more likely, and I've read that low temperatures help too, but I've tried adding sugar crystals to processed honey to act as nucleation sites and it didn't help, and the leaving honey in the freezer for several days did nothing. Normally this kind of thing is just a happy accident but I want to figure out how to make it happen so I can have the best kind of honey on demand.
>>
>>7527122
Not him, but I've found you can avoid this ever happening by just sticking to pasteurized honey.
>>
>>7527149
But I want it to happen! Partly crystalline honey is the best spread that there is.
And it does take place in pasteurized honey too, it probably just takes longer because it is more homogenous.
>>
>work at food warehouse
>one of our products is cuban honey
>customers return every jar that is crystallized
>over a year and we've sent back 78 cases of 12 jars

where the fuck do i find people like you
>>
Just leave it at room temperature, as you're supposed to do with honey. I've never in my life had honey that didn't crystallize within a week.
>>
>>7527197
What is a food warehouse?

Also to be fair, they have different applications, and it's kind of a pain in the ass to turn it back to liquid honey. Hard to blame people if they're paying for one thing and getting another.
>>
>>7527222
>What is a food warehouse?

a place of storage for food product. like this. but messier. because the owner over ordered. you would not believe how cheap rice is per 20ft container. we sell to big chain stores and it's almost a 100% mark up on some items.
>>
>>7527222
When honey is crystallises, you just warm it up and it becomes viscous again. Just put it in a microwave or run hot water over the jar. That is all you have to do.

It's supposed to happen. It's what happens when normal untampered honey gets cold. I'm getting a little angry just thinking about those people treating a sign of quality as a defect.
>>
>>7527122
Ameture chemfag here. Make a double boiler and heat up the honey until it's very runny then let it cool to room temp before adding some sugar crystals and transferring it to your fridge for a few hours. Ideally you should be able to see the beginning of crystal formation before you put it in the fridge. If that doesn't work repeat the process with ice chips instead of sugar, just a little will do.
>>
>>7527570
Sound strategy. I second this.
>>
>>7527239
I would love to nestle myself into 20 cubic feet of rice. How much? How much would I have to tip you to get in with me?
>>
File: Skwisgaar.jpg (15 KB, 557x352) Image search: [Google]
Skwisgaar.jpg
15 KB, 557x352
>>7527222
>What is a food warehouse?
It is place wheres they keep foods. Also knowns as a foods library.
>>
>>7527122
get real honey -not the cornsugarshit in the bearflask. Let it sit for a month or so -boom chrystalized
>>
Why hasn't my sealed, 4 year expired maple syrup crystalized or turned to liqor?
>>
Put it in the fridge for a year.
>>
>>7527570
>>7527582

or you can just microwave it for 2-3 minutes to drive off the water and not sperg out about it

>DANGER: molten honey is scary shit and and will burn your flesh right down to the bone
>>
File: beer_10.jpg (21 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
beer_10.jpg
21 KB, 640x430
How the fuck do I pour beer? I've looked up a lot of Youtube videos and I still struggle with pouring it right. I turn the glass 45 degrees, pour, and then as it gets closer to the top I straighten out the glass. And yet I still feel like I'm not doing it right, it never looks "good" or as presentable as it does in the videos or at the bar. Anyone have any good advice for pouring?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.