[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have 2 bars of vegetable short. what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: crisco.jpg (31 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
crisco.jpg
31 KB, 460x460
/CK/ I dumpster dive a lot and recently found 2 bars of vegetable shortening >pic related
Is there anything worth doing with it, or is it just meme butter and should be tossed out? Baking recipies are looking kinda dumb and the other post i found online suggest frying chicken in it but that seems dumb.

I also picked out like 20lbs of potatoes so I could make some fries? Found a few kg of flour and few kg of premade pancake mix too...

WHAT TO DO WITH THIS MEME BUTTER???
>>
Theif.
>>
>>7527023
You have already been provided with ideas to use it in, if baking looks "dumb" to you then your options are extremely limited. Calling it meme butter is nearly abhorrent.

I suggest making pie crust
>>
>>7527030
Stealin from the dumsterssssssssss

>>7527047
Reviews from baked goods seem to be dissapointing. pie crust is the obvious choice that i didnt even bother mentioning
>>
>>7527030
How can you steal trash?
>>
Chocolate chip cookies with shortening instead of butter are my favorite. Crunchier, better for dipping in milk.
>>
>>7527090
Some store 'managers' will get pissed lol. but free eats bro's. i've had HUGe scores everything imaginable. for a while we were getting so much fruit that I bought a dehydrator and was dehydrating 24/7. had boxes and boxes of dehydrated food. gave some away, also travelled the country for 10 months eating it and other stuff haha

>>7527155
hmm, first good review of cooking. perhaps i will try. cooking bacon some day soon so maybe some bacon fat+shortening might be an interesting combo? I feel like I have a shit load of shortening though and wanna do something with it so that might just delay the usage
>>
>>7527023
Make some puff pastry dough
>>
>>7527023
I bet shortening has a good use for frying something. it's also used as a "flaky" fat in things like biscuits, shortbread and pastry dough. the downside is it doesn't have much flavor
>>
>>7527023
The potatoes are a good find, but I'd toss the vegetable shortening. Trans fat. It's bad stuff.
>>
>>7527023
Melt it in a bowl, mix ranch powder in it and use as a potato chip dip.
>>
>>7527023
>dumpster dive
stopped reading
>saw the trip
shouldn't have even opened the thread. i hope you get sick
>>
>>7527023
Use it as lube for fisting
>>
>>7527525
Meme me up another one, John.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.