[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how often do you eat a potato? not a french fry or chip, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: foodofthegods.gif (74 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
foodofthegods.gif
74 KB, 460x307
how often do you eat a potato? not a french fry or chip, but a regular old potato?
>>
>>7526402
about once a week
>>
File: Burn it down.gif (603 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Burn it down.gif
603 KB, 320x240
>tfw can't help myself from taking a knife and plucking off all the growths before I eat a potato

It's an obsession and I don't know why. I also do the same thing with slices of bread when it has seeds in it.
>>
Literally never

I cannot stand baked potatoes

If I throw in like chives, cheese, bacon, and sour cream than it's alright
>>
I enjoy a baked potato with my occasional steak.
>>
Once a week or so, baked potatoes with tuna and cheese and sweet corn, or bacon sour cream chives
>>
>>7526402
about once a week
I just pop it in the microwave for 5-7 minutes and top it with salt, butter, and sour cream. Occasionally also cheese.
>>
like a raw potato?
>>
Sweet potatoes at least weekly. White potatoes never. They are literally toxic to kidneys about a quarter as much as meat is.
>>
>>7526485
Fug it's closer to an eighth
>>
>>7526402
I boil a couple twice a week. With skin on, 20 minutes. Remove the skin, slightlly crush it, add black pepper, a little bit of olive oil, and eat it with a side of yogurt based slaw. Heaven on earth.
>>
>>7526485
>They are literally toxic to kidneys about a quarter as much as meat is
No.
>>
i haven't since summertime
>>
>>7526485
i just googled 'potato kidneys' and got no results suggesting that they are harmful to kidneys
>>
>>7526529

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19328261

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18614268

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19286450

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15036866
>>
I eat about 1kg of potatoes a week I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 600x700
>>7526558
>>
>>7526402
Once a week. I'll get the potato out, rinse it under water and rub off the dirt, poke holds in it all over with a fork, then microwave on a plate for 4~5 minutes. The skin wrinkles up and dries out and the inside is all soft and mushy
salt it and eat it
>>
>>7526415
>>7526443
>>7526464
Is baked potato the only thing you do with it? There's scalloped, roasted, salad, pan fried, hash browns etc.
>>
>>7526558
>It remains unclear if the incidence of GAs poisoning is underreported or if assumptions are the worst case for extremely sensitive persons
>>
2 potatos a day after I exercise
>>
All the time. Mostly just steamed, but I also make potato salad and mash every once in a while. I use sour cream or buttermilk for the mash and usually leave the skins on. If there's any leftovers, I just make rieska. I make my own fries, but usually just prefer frying potato chunks with in a pan because it's easier.
>>
>>7526412
Wait what? You're not supposed to? I was taught growing up to always cut the growths off potatoes
>>
>>7526558
Sorry I'm not very intelligent, does this mean eating potatoes at all could be potentially destructive to ones health, or is it suggesting that over eating potatoes and meat can be dangerous?
>>
>>7526412
potato growths are poisonous you sperg.
>>
File: twice_baked_potatoes[1].jpg (47 KB, 450x372) Image search: [Google]
twice_baked_potatoes[1].jpg
47 KB, 450x372
I'm not a fan of regular old baked potatoes. I love twice baked however
>>
>>7526402
for baked or oven roasted potatoes almost never
if I included fries and chips would maybe once a month
>>
>>7528850
The irish people are still alive. Also that fat lady on tlc eating only potatoes and cheese
>>
File: a100770_1004_pttcrd2_xl[1].jpg (114 KB, 1040x1300) Image search: [Google]
a100770_1004_pttcrd2_xl[1].jpg
114 KB, 1040x1300
Red Potato is best potato
>>
File: 1375995398325.png (103 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1375995398325.png
103 KB, 375x360
I most often use them in hashbrowns. I do it in a wok so I can flip it like a giant pancake. One of my favorite breakfasts is hashbrowns with onions and peppers mixed in, served with eggs on top.

However, I will admit that these little puppies are the fucking bomb. >>7529048
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.