[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I picked up 4 cans of cream of shrimp soup at the grocery store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
I picked up 4 cans of cream of shrimp soup at the grocery store the other day instead of the cream of chicken I meant to get...

what can I make with it that's worth a dam?
>>
>>7526339
What the fuck? Maybe you can end up with some shrimp alfredo or something but I don't have much hope for that.
>>
>>7526351
assume I know nothing but also have pre-bottled alfredo sauce and a bag of frozen shrimp available to steal from my neighbor?

still possible?
>in before laughing at me for considering pre-bottled sauce
yes, yes, I'm a filthy plebeian
>>
>>7526339
Shrimp noodle soup, it's great if you've got a cold and an aversion to beasts of the land.
>>
>>7526359
aside from noodles and canned shrimp-cream what goes in?

yes I am a morally bankrupt kitchen failure...
>>
I didn't even know they had that

Sounds good af by itself OP
>>
>>7526363
[spoiler]I'm joking, just taste some of it to see what it's like, and then pick some kind of filler to go with it. Rice or some kind of meat or whatever.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7526368
well, the thing I was getting the C-of-Chicken for went
>Cream of chicken+cream of mushroom+chicken broth+rice+chunked up half-block of SPAM.

think I could get away with subbing the chicken for the shrimp?

I'd only get one try before I'm out of broth though...
>is it bad that I'm here because I'm bad at cooking?
>>
>>7526339
Roast some corn (make sure to char), jalapenos and a poblano (once roasted, put in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a towel, skin and deseed later). Fry some potatoes and deglaze pan with some white wine. Combine cream of shrimp with wine reduction and a bit of water, milk or stock to thin. Add potatoes back in and cook till desired softness. Add in corn, jap, poblano and any juices from resting. I like to grill a chicken breast and lay a layer of spinach, cooked or not, under the chicken and top generously with the thick soup.
>>
I could see some kind of thai dish being made with this if you added coconut milk, shrimp, scallops, crab, chilis, and poured it over noodles or rice. But I don't have a recipe up my ass to pull out for you
>>
>>7526366
same

sounds good for tuna noodle casserole
>>
>>7526351
so, what would I need for shrimp alfredo?
>>
File: IMG_2001.jpg (294 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2001.jpg
294 KB, 960x720
HURRAH EXPERIMENTATION

SMELLS PRETTY OKAY, TASTES ABOVE PAR BY MY LOW STANDARDS

made a lot more sauce than I think I should have though...
>>
File: 1439308423177.jpg (304 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
1439308423177.jpg
304 KB, 620x320
>>7526682
>>7526682
Oh god anon... the sauce is too many.
pls stop
>>
>>7527078
yeah, perhaps a can of C-of-Shrimp AND a half jar of alfredo sauce was a bit much for a half pound of noodles and 1/3 pound of shrimpies...

it was a bit too thin too...

with a sauce like that, do you just cover and reduce heat to thicken? or is there another way (even if the answer is obvious to you guys, it isn't to me.)
>>
>>7526682
>canned whole chicken
>>
>>7527096
they actually aren't too bad if you cook them right...they just look like deformed alien fetuses untill about half way through the instructions on the can...
>>
>>7526476
Fuck if I know. Honestly I assumed the cooks on here would do something with the idea.

>>7526682
Nice job, ding dong. Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>7527111
yup.

now the self critiques and improvement.
>>
>>7527094
Cook it more but don't cover it. Evaporation and what not. Too thin... add cornstarch or flour.

Or add more noodles. But I wouldn't listen to me, I just overcooked some pork chops like a moron, earlier today.
>>
>>7527121
nothing wrong with that...I cant actually reliably cook anything inside a house. cooking over a wood fire in the open, with naught but an old iron hook and a sharp knife, during a drizzly windstorm, I am more reliable and better at the cookery than I am inside on a good range with an array of better quality tools.
>>
>>7526339
Tastes nice in fish pie. Basically make a seafood pot pie with shrimp, crab, fish, scallops and/or lobster with peas, carrots and onion.
The soup should have enough seasoning but mix the filling when everythings mixed together and add parsley, basil or rosemary with plenty of peoper.
>>
>>7527111
>cooks
I suspect a very small proportion of posters here actually cook.
Also this new board layout is tiresome.
>>
>>7528650
>Also this new board layout is tiresome.
indeed. happy April-Fools and whatnot. at least /tg/ has a good event anniversary for this day so we can think about that instead...
>>
You could make cream of shrimp soup, by I dunno, putting it in a pan and heating it up.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
>>
>>7528650
The mobile layout is still the same
>>
>>7528650
It's an april fools joke, this isn't permanent dickweed
>>
>>7528658
Storytime? I have never spent much time on /tg/ but I appreciate the cut of their collective jib.
>>
>>7528702
this game was released.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14440223/

Dungeons; the Dragoning

it's a homebrewed RPG system created by characters in a homebrewed RPG system. as in the players had their characters in a tabletop RPG sit down around a table to play this RPG. The Game Master from that swore he'd make the game, and a year or so later this was posted on /tg/

it's a mashup of all the popular great game settings, Spelljammer, Magic the Gathering, World of Darkness, Exalted, 40k, Mass Effect and quite a few more that I'm less familiar with.

and the april fools joke that day was that not only had someone made this game and system, the joke played on the universe was that IT ALL WORKED...you can brew in your own modules for any setting you'd like and 99% of the time it works near perfectly. earliest successful conversion was Outlaw Star

latest edition of the "official" books is here.
http://lawfulnice.blogspot.com/
>>
>>7528693
I realise this, dipshit.
It's still tiresome.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.