[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: images (5).jpg (24 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
24 KB, 443x332
What would /ck/ suggest I do with squid?
>>
Stuff it in a Japanese girl's vagina.
>>
>>7525416
Very funny.
>>
>>7525411
There's no way around it, mate. You gotta bread them and deep fry.
>>
>>7525418
Thanks. I try.
>>
>>7525411
Coat it with peanut butter and roast it.
>>
>>7525411
clean the shit out of it. literally.

that can not be stressed enough, make sure it is super clean.
>>
Paella
>>
cold squid salad with rocket maybe some thin red onion and a simple olive oil/lemon juice dressing
>>
What sort of recepies? I love them deep fried but I was thinking of making something like the pic.

I'm going to make a ceviche for entreƩ and wanted to make the main dish with squid since my aunt loves them.

>>7525666
Sounds interesting, but more of a side dish than a main thing.

>>7525659
Too complicated for me. Too many indredients.
>>
File: Portugal-flag.gif (776 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Portugal-flag.gif
776 KB, 500x375
>>7525411
Portuguese way my mom taught me to do.

Ingredients:
4 pounds squid
1 cup olive oil
2 onions chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
1 pound tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 cup red or white wine
1 pound potatoes
1 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Wash and slice the squid properly to remove the meat.

2) In the ceramic pot (or saucepan), add the onion, garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and cook on medium heat.

3) Once the onions begin to brown add the squid and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes.

4) Now add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, red or white wine, and the rest of the olive oil to the saucepan and stir it well.

5) De-skin the potatoes and slice them into halves and add them to the saucepan along with a cup of water.

6) Cover the pan and let it cook until the potatoes are done, stirring occasionally.

7) Once done, serve in bowls.
>>
>>7525681
Oh shoot, my mom makes them like this too, sometimes adding capers or skipping paprika.

I myself do something similar in a pressure cooker, if the squid is fresh and you don't under or overcook them they'll be stupid soft.
>>
>>7525681
You must be alentejano, always with the tomato stews.

My grandmother would stuff her squid with rice and pan cook them,

Margem sul Barreiro.
>>
Do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxmWlIgcvQ

Only a few steps and ingredients, sounds delicious. Is there a difference between octopus and squid, taste-wise? No idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (842 KB, 1600x1116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
842 KB, 1600x1116
>>7525411
>>
Are you sure its squid? It could be pork rectums. Most establishments actually sell pork rectums as calamari
>>
Calimari
>>
>>7525804
Had to watch it twice thanks to his thick accent, but it looks amazing. Maybe I will try it.
>>
eat it
>>
>>7525681
Sounds exactly like the way we do it in Spain.
>>
>>7525681
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1000x750
ojingeo bokkeum
>>
>>7526695

Do I even need to say it?
>>
fry them after covering them in flower serve with lemon juice on and a sidedish made of boiled patoes raw garlin good quality extravirgin oil and spinach that should do OR make a fish risotto with squids garlic bit of tomato pulp and parsely whit whine and pepper no other spices fish and eat if good quality don't need them
>>
>>7526695
Sounds japanese/korean. Mind explaining the dish a little bit more?
>>
>>7525411
Put it in okonomiyaki
>>
My ma stuffs squid with ground pork and other stuff like lemongrass and grills it.

Guess what ethnicity I am.
>>
>>7526727
it's like a really spicy Korean squid stir fry but it ends up being kinda like a thin stew cause of all the sauce. good to have with rice or noodles so you can mix it all up.
>>
guys spices where made to cover bad tastes in meat and fish spicy food is fucking ignorant chinese use them cause their fish tastes of pollution. Meditterranean cuisine uses small amounts we have good fish go easy with them
>>
>>7526331
>most
Source?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.