[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Five Guys Burgers and Fries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: Five-Guys-Uxbridge-LR-87.jpg (278 KB, 1841x1227) Image search: [Google]
Five-Guys-Uxbridge-LR-87.jpg
278 KB, 1841x1227
Thoughts on Five Guys Burgers and Fries?
>>
No thanks.
>>
>>7525059
This.
>>
File: 139528764249.png (574 KB, 689x569) Image search: [Google]
139528764249.png
574 KB, 689x569
>Go to 5 guys with friend
>friend orders burger
>"I'll have a cheeseburger with bacon and ketchup."

Fucking why?
>>
>>7525042
Taste great as long as you don't mind paying $10-15 for a combo. Which I don't every once in a while
>>
>>7525042
Walked by Five Guys yesterday in order to get to Greek Town.
>>
>>7525042

Insanely overpriced for what it is.
>>
I'm a big fan of cheeseburgers but I'm trying to cut back on beef for health and environmental reasons.
>>
>>7525042
What's the deal with the free peanuts? Seems like an unnecessary liability
Too many fries, can't eat them all
Burger tastes good, it's nice that the toppings are all free and there is some variety

Overall I'd say I'd rather go somewhere else
>>
>>7525192
Same reason bars give out free salty snacks. It makes you thirsty so you are more likely to order beverages.
>>
I wish they didn't crush the fucking burger.
>>
>>7525073
whats wrong with that
>>
>>7525208
you're about to eat a sodium packed burger and fries, is that really necessary?
>>
Better than in n out
>>
>>7525042
They have a very dedicated viral marketing team.

Hi guys!
>>
>>7525208
They have the 200+ flavor coke fountains. there is no one fatass enough to go to five guys that doesn't order a drink.
>>
File: 1456447866092.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1456447866092.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>mfw 5 Guys has milkshakes in my area now
>>
>>7525318
Who the fuck viral markets to 4chan
>>
>>7525360

>half of the threads on /ck/ are specifically fast food burgers

do you even have eyes

how do you type
>>
>>7525349

what flavors?
>>
The milkshakes are great but way too small for what you pay, and the burgers -while good- are certainly not worth waiting 15 minutes for.

Also, not sure why they give out free peanuts.
>>
>>7525042
Only once a year. It's like they soak the beef in pork fat first.
>>
File: image.jpg (821 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
821 KB, 4032x3024
>>7525140
Queer
>>
>>7525090
>Burgers always come compact and smashed
>Add mushrooms, onion, ketchup, mustard, bacon
>Becomes sloppy if not unwrapped within 2 minutes
Those cajun fries tho.
>>
The habit grill is ten times better and sells combos for way less, 2/10 wouldnt eat there again
>>
File: bewitched.jpg (50 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bewitched.jpg
50 KB, 320x240
ate there once

employees yelling orders out
how kewl!

$12.50 for a cheeseburger, french fries and Coke

a bit pricey
reall?
>>
worked there was awful

Fuck their fries too soggy and greasy
>>
>>7525349
Is it $27 lol
>>
>>7525360
Trevor Moore showed up on /b/ a day before doing a reddit AMA, which was a day before he launched a new series. Someone screencapped his post (with timestamp of course) and uploaded it to /r/4chan where it blew up and created massive publicity for his AMA, and the whole point of doing an AMA was to promote his new show.

You fags just don't get it. Everybody likes to think they are so smart but marketing execs have been hiring people who understand the internet for a decade now and they know how to play you like a fiddle. Look at how popular Denny's twitter account is. It's basically dude weed lmao but people willingly subject themselves to this marketing tool without giving any hint of a shit that it is influencing them to give their money to a corporation
>>
File: IMG_8154.jpg (451 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8154.jpg
451 KB, 1200x1600
>>7525042
They only opened in the UK in the past few years, and they're just as bad as in the US, except over here people treat it like it's gourmet or something.

I thought the burgers were bland unless you let them flood it with sauce, the meat itself is bland, and the fries are greasy and far far too salty!

Plus it's too pricy in the UK. It costs more in the UK than I remember it doing in the US!
>>
>>7525073
Someone went to a burger place and wanted a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup? How bizarre and unusual and unexpected.
>>
>>7525432
They make you speak in their stupid fucking lingo or you get fired, you have to take 3 days of online courses half of it is back story on the five guys shitty self inserts
>>
10/10 god tier drunk food.
>>
File: kek.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>7525073
Oh god youre one of those people arent you... kys kek
>>
Triggers poorfags.
>>
Better than Carls Jr, Worse than Innout, not as good as most smaller chains.

Really not that good and overpriced desu
>>
>>7525042
Pretty sure I paid $12 for a burger, a drink, and Cajun fries. It was good, but not $12 good.
>>
>>7525042
they're good the first few weeks after opening, then the food quality nosedives so hard you'd think they sold to MCL cafeteria. soggy fries? always. soggy, compressed burgers? always. runny milkshakes? standard. I wouldn't wipe my ass with their spongy, bland bread, and unless you're in a college town then the shift leader uses the empty pickle jars to make meth in.
>>
is In-n-out any better?
>>
>>7525042
I think they're great. My wife's son hates it, but to hell with that punk ass kid.
>>
File: potato and bacon soup.jpg (215 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
potato and bacon soup.jpg
215 KB, 1600x1067
>>7525042
I have no fucking idea. I'm English and we don't have that. I had a cheeseburger from burger king once and it was horrible. Like greasy cardboard.

And you cunts say British food is shit?
>>
>>7525042
Alright burger but kind of soggy
Crappy mushy fries
Overpriced for what it is
>>
Literally every time I eat there 30 minutes after I have to take a gigantic shit. Clogged my toilet on more than one occasion
>>
>>7526414
Hang on. I'm pretty sure that unless you're seriously ill or there's something very wrong with your digestive system, food simply does not pass through that quickly. Which leads me to believe that the food from 5 Guys triggers some kind of reaction that told you body to empty your bowels. Well that's a good thing isnt it? Make room fast. Make way for the glorious 5 guys meal coming through. Nope, not the way you came in - we're heading straight through the abyss.
>>
>>7525462
it's ridiculous I had a look at the one in Bristol, a burger, chips and a drink was pushing 15 quid. That's crazy.
>>
>>7525042
I think they're all right. Basic, but not amazing. About what most people would make at home. Kinda pricey, but they come from one of the most expensive areas in the US ($15, or whatever is like pocket change for Washington D.C. metro area suburbanites). I've never experienced quality control issues, but I've only eaten at the original northern Virginia locations. I've never been bothered by wait times because I order online or using their app. Food was always made within one minute of my designated pick up time. It's a calorie bomb. Plan a meal from them to be all you eat that day. I think it got popular here because it's a straightforward fast-casual alternative for upper middle class workaholics to get a near homemade quality burger that isn't crummy fast food.
>>
>>7525042
Overrated and overpriced.
>>
>>7525140
>beef for health and environmental reasons
>>
>>7526430
Nah, it's normal. Large meals trigger intestinal peristalsis to make room in the digestive tract. What would have just hung out in the intestines for a while gets jettisoned prematurely out the poop chute en masse.
>>
>>7525936
compared to all other major cuisines, yes, it is shit. you're comparing your "cuisine" to american convenience food, I have gripes with some of their food but they guaranteed have much better dishes/restaurants there even if just by virtue of being larger and more populous
>>
>>7526528
The inner machinations of my body are an enigma
>>
I could get 2-3 times as much food at in n out and the quality is about equal.
>>
Itt: shilling
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.