[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we at least agree that these diets are okay so long as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: diets.png (111 KB, 662x405) Image search: [Google]
diets.png
111 KB, 662x405
Can we at least agree that these diets are okay so long as the processed food companies aren't a part of any of them?

Isn't it the food manufacturer's product that is hurting their potential to be more effective?

>I of course don't mean to blame McDonalds, I lay the blame on the consumer who buys a burger and fries instead of making your own healthy food (following whatever dietary restrictions they please)
>>
I'm a pescatarian, but I don't have any reason, it's just what I grew up on. If you want to eat meat go ahead, I couldn't give two fucks. I just don't feel the need to eat any other meat but fish. I don't miss what I have never had.
>>
According to Google Trends,the "paleo" fad, practiced only by boring ass special snowflakes, peaked in 2014. Lact-ovo vegetarians are like sewer mutants from the 80s, and tend to have worse nutrition than anyone because they assume milk and eggs are magic. Just look at all the fatasses in India. Too many vegans eat processed bullshit imitations SAD food. https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/dec/fat.htm

A diet of whole plant foods is objectively the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8C1W1Iefk&app=desktop
>>
File: v.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
v.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>7524456
>I don't miss what I have never had.
My life philosophy.
>>
File: bing.jpg (91 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
bing.jpg
91 KB, 500x708
>>7524459
>>
>>7524440
Any diet that consists of fresh, whole single ingredients cooked (or combined) at home is healthier than one that comprises solely of fast food and prepackaged, processed meals. Did anyone ever contest that?
>>
>>7524456
Why are you on a cooking board? The entire point of cooking is trying new things. I would have thought something with the cultural, historical and scientific significance of meat, which can be prepared in innumerable ways, would appeal to any serious cook who doesn't have any moral or medical reason not to try it.
>>
File: whats this - nothing.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
whats this - nothing.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>7524478
does it really matter that much to you if he doesn't eat the same meat that you do?
>>
>>7524483
Yes. A single flawed human weakens us all.
>>
>>7524488
Humanity isn't one big phalanx
>>
>>7524505
It is however a collective effort. Each individual's existence absorbs resources, meaning that any individual that is not a boon is necessarily a drain.
>>
File: phalanx.jpg (119 KB, 672x576) Image search: [Google]
phalanx.jpg
119 KB, 672x576
>>7524505
>>
>>7524513
Thanks Ayn
>>
>>7524483
Where did I say it bothered me? I'm just curious as to why someone with a passion for food and cooking wouldn't feel the need or at least desire to try perhaps the main staple of food worldwide.
>>
>>7524527
>Why are you on a cooking board?

Almost as if you didn't want them here.
>>
>>7524535
I'd say somebody with such little curiosity that they won't even try it probably doesn't belong here.
>>
>>7524546
>>
I ve been a vegan', kinda, (fish essence is gonna end up in your food when you fid to cop a comfy ramen bowl from nana down the way) for the past four years about; basically none of my diet was 'prepared', having been cooked by myself or at a restraunt. In that time I abused a bunch of pills and other drugs, starved/binged to uncanny extremes, and went without sleep for up to five days semi-regularly. I dont go to the gym as much as I used to, but I can run a mile in under nine and squat over my body weight. Recently after seeing a doctor, I have considerably healthy cholesterol, respiratory function what have you...
eh fite me? I dunn even know why I wrote this, but I feel obligated to post after all that effort
>>
>>7524585
>pre-prepared
>cancer
>bait
>>
File: 0J9B644.gif (212 KB, 1166x875) Image search: [Google]
0J9B644.gif
212 KB, 1166x875
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.