[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any discernible difference between Becks and Budweiser?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 82488000062[1].jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
82488000062[1].jpg
71 KB, 600x600
Is there any discernible difference between Becks and Budweiser?
>>
becks just tastes like stale alcohol
>>
Budweiser tastes like water from a pond. It tastes bad but I can drink it if I want to.
>>
>>7523241
Your friends will think you're classy for drinking "European" beer.
>>
>>7523241
Beck's is embarrassingly bad for a German beer. I live here and it just is awful -- there are cheap beers for a quarter the price that taste way better.
It's the worst of the top 10 best-selling German beers and Hasseröder and Oettinger are on that list. Warsteiner is also pretty poor.

That said, it's fucking Dom Pérignon in comparison to (US) Budweiser. (The Czech Budweiser is very nice, but I prefer Pilsner Urquell.)

The best German beers are regional. Some big ones are great, like Weihenstephan.
>>
>>7523241
Never had budweiser, but becks is the kind of beer most people wont ask for,but drink if it's the only beer available.
So I'd assume they play in the same league.
>>
>>7524012
Pretty much this. Beck's and Budweiser occupy the same space in their respective countries, but the German standard for shit beer is much higher.
>>
Beck's Dark is bretty good.
>>
>>7523241
Never tried Bud Light so can't comment there but if you're talking Becks vs Full-strength Bud then Becks is noticeably more watery - in my opinion, anyway.
Neither are great beers, though.
>>
>>7524012
>Weihenstephan

Mein Neger
>>
>>7524429
Plenty of better German beers out there.
>>
>>7524432
I don't doubt it
>>
>>7523241
Budweiser has that sickening sweetness that's part of every American macro
>>
>>7524515
I think it's the use of rice in a lot of American macros that imparts that flavor.
>>
>>7524012
Oetti is cheap even in Australia.
>>
>>7524528
5,0 is so shit though.
>>
>>7524521
Do the others use rice? I was under the impression that Budweiser used rice and the rest used corn/corn syrup.
>>
>>7524012
could you sort the list of your pic according to your preferences, german senpai? or maybe make a list for each, pils and weizen?
>>
>>7524815
Of this list:

Paulaner (only good beer on this list)
Krombacher (decent for a light, fruity beer)
Bitburger (meh)
Erdinger (zero taste)
Veltins (too gassy)
Oettinger (piss, but cheap)
Warsteiner (piss)
Hasseröder (absolute shit)
Beck's (stale, musty crap)

My daily, cheap beers would be Jever, Pilsner Urquell, König Pilsener, Weihenstephan, Schneider Weisse (probably the best beer company in Germany), Ayinger, some of Maisel's ales and a host of other speciality beers from the local off-license.
>>
>>7524967
krombacher will make your toenails roll up. generally considered one of the worst "big" german beers. rest of the list is right though. just try to taste beers from local breweries.
>>
Becks is ok if you get it draught and theyve gassed it right.
Bud is literally the piss taken from the bar urinals and bottled.
>>
Becks is hot shit and tastes bad
Bud is the coca cola of beer
>>
>>7523241
You mean American Budweiser or the Czech one? I'd say

Bud:Becks = Becks:Budweiser
>>
File: flensburger-pilsener.jpg (25 KB, 143x400) Image search: [Google]
flensburger-pilsener.jpg
25 KB, 143x400
Recommend me a beer close to flens. It's too pricey and only comes in 0,3l bottles.
>>
Con esa cerveza bebes y te emborrachas
>>
>>7523241
yes

but both are pretty pleb, but i enjoy both occasionally
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.