[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pickling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: aaa.jpg (29 KB, 590x672) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
29 KB, 590x672
Hello, I recently realized that I've moved to live in a country where pickling things is very popular but I myself know fuck all about pickling. So I'd like to start learning pickling myself. I did a bit of googling and thought pickling garlic cloves would be fairly easy. I picked the following recipe:
250 g garlic
1 dl oil
1 dl apple vinegar
sugar
honey
salt
allspice
green peppercorn
clove

What do you think of this? Also do you have good ideas for pickling carrots, I think carrots are delicious.
>>
My mom just recently pickled some green mangos with dried chilies from Viet Nam.

Holy hell, they are so good. Crunchy, sweet and spicy.
>>
>>7523192
Make some dill pickles.
>>
Keep pickled onions around, they're great on sandwiches and with steak
>>
>>7523192
refridgerator pickles are so simple. like, two cups water with two tablespoons salt, week or two in the fridge and its ready to eat depending on what you pickle. you can use less salt, add vinegars, dill, garlic w/ whatever else youre pickling, peppercorns. and basically any veggie can be in there. get a pack of mason jars and go wild
>>
Be wary of honey if you do not know what you are doing. Honey can ruin the process if you do it wrong. For safety measures I would recommend skipping it your first time.
>>
>>7523231
That's a very common snack for little girls in Viet Nam, anon.
>>
Pickles are great. My favorites are probably tomatoes and beets.
>>
>>7524561
I know, I'm Vietnamese.

It's hella rad.
>>
File: 1357161864244176.jpg (46 KB, 531x601) Image search: [Google]
1357161864244176.jpg
46 KB, 531x601
Pickled herring:
>Sliced herring fillets
>Red onion rings
>Apple vinegar
>Sugar
>Salt
>Black Pepper
>Dill
>Cranberries
>Lemon juice

Pickled carrots:
>Carrots
>Sugar
>White wine vinegar
>Salt
>Black Pepper
>Tarragon
>Sage
>Honey

Pickled onions:
>Onion rings
>Red wine vinegar (turns onions nicely red)
>Salt
>Sugar
>Black Pepper
>Little drizzle of soy sauce

Pickled raddish:
>Sliced raddish
>Apple vinegar
>Sugar
>White onions
>>
>>7524014
For what reason exactly honey could ruin the process?
>>
>>7523192
>1 dl

The fuck?
>>
>>7526563
It is commonly infected with the bacteria which creates the toxin causing botulism. This is why it's discouraged to feed it to infants
>>
>>7526578
Dollup?
>>
>>7526578
>>7526614
You guys are trolling, right? Maybe it is download?
>>
>>7526614
Dollop
>>
Decilitre, you fuckwits. Did you never go to school?

Pickled garlic is delicious. You can mash it into a paste that makes pretty special garlic bread too.
>>
>>7526626
Til people actually use decilitres
>>
>>7526578
Deciliter, I assume. 1/10 liter.
>>
>>7524959
Gonna try out onions and carrots, thanks!
>>
The carrot slices you get in cans of pickled jalapeƱos are so fucking good. They get spicy from hanging around with the peppers. Hnng.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.