[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /potato tornado/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: potato tornado.jpg (167 KB, 700x1605) Image search: [Google]
potato tornado.jpg
167 KB, 700x1605
it's tasty of course. but it's so versatile. You can carry it around with you as you make your way on your long and tireless journey. Let's say you were stopped by the police and had to put your hands up? Couldn't exactly do that with those chili cheese fries now could you? You'd have chili all over yourself, you might even accidentally sling some at the kind officer and he mistakes it for a deadly weapon. You'd sure be out of luck then. The potato tornado though? attached firmly to it's carrying unit. Plus if you're really hungry you could carry at least 8 are once, probably more if you're American. Hell you can even give them away to people you like , or even people you hate. No one is going to dislike a dude that gives them a potato tornado. you might even make a few friends. All in all I'd say it's probably the only way to eat potatoes, my father raised me on nothing but potato tornadoes and I will do the same if I were to ever bear the responsibility of parent hood.
>>
>>7522996
>no home fries
Shit list
>>
they're a great idea but the dumb shit carnies always undercooked mine to the point that i will literally inspect it and make them put it back in the oil until cooked to my satisfaction
>>
>>7522996
That pic is so fucking wrong tho.

first off, smiles are way better than people give them credit for. chili cheese smiles are god like.

next how the fuck do you rank standard cut over garlic or curly fries? why aren't crinkle cut on the bottom? why are chips so low?
>>
>>7523001
Aren't the 'cottage fries' on the list pretty much home fries?
>>
Potato wedges and chili cheese fries are ciminally underrated in this pic. Fuck you, foodrepublic.com, Mike Houston and Noako Saito.
>>
>>7522996
I see them at fairs a lot under the name "Chips on a Stick." The line is always really long so I've never tried it. No novelty fried potato is worth a ten minute wait.
>>
>>7522996
Truffle fries with parmigiano or pecorino romano are the best.
>>
File: 18278634343.png (154 KB, 367x270) Image search: [Google]
18278634343.png
154 KB, 367x270
There was this kid in my primary school that would smear the baked beans tomato sauce over the mouths of the smiley potatoes and stare at them.
>>
File: home-fries.jpg (40 KB, 560x371) Image search: [Google]
home-fries.jpg
40 KB, 560x371
>>7523032
Nope.
>>
>>7523028
I agree with you man. Chili cheese fries are high tear and waffle fries are just kind of meh. I don't get how someone could have such bad taste.
>>
>>7522996
Tater tots are pig fucking disgusting. Curly fries, however, are top tier.
>>
File: o[1].jpg (125 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
125 KB, 1000x750
Best fries i've ever had personally were thick cut curly fries from a local restaurant
>>
>>7523091
Those are wedges, my dear friend.
>>
>>7523116
They tasted different though. Kind of had the same thickness as wedges but tasted closer to good steak fries
>>
>>7523129
>>7523116
>>7523091
specifically they are baked wedges
sometimes with an added coating/seasoning

a cheap shitty imitation would be from KFC
>>
>>7522996
>crinkle cut above anything
ugh
Spoiler alert: Waffle fires are the best 2 bee honest
>>
Curled fries master race here, ask me anything
>>
>cheese fries on list
>chili cheese fries on the list

Well fuck might as well rank the rest of them based on what kind of ketchup you use.
>>
File: 1294209619817.jpg (25 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1294209619817.jpg
25 KB, 350x350
>mfw tater tots are being added as an option in restaurants
>>
>>7523218
>tfw tots and tendies
hnng, pour some of the good ole 'sup from the fridge and I make cream in my diaper.
>>
>>7523054
Made me kek
>>
>>7522996
Steak cut should be higher IMO, my mother used to make the most delicious fries in this style; you get the crispiness and the delicious potato flavor.
>>
>>7523057
Home fries are shit

>hur lets make a baked potato but let's chop it up first.
> hur lets bake it and then call them fries for no reason
>>
>>7525442
Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>7525442
theyre called fries because they are fried in oil. they are called home because most do them at home.
>>
>>7522996
Invented in the UK by a guy from Newcastle, called "Chipstix". He still goes to food festivals selling them, but a bunch of other people copied him. Ah well. Yum.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.