[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best brand of maple syrup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 640x434
What's the best brand of maple syrup?
>>
The one in the trash
>>
>>7522738
>not tapping it yourself

I bet you buy store brand cereal too don't you faggot.
>>
File: 41bz0imrxhL.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41bz0imrxhL.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
>>
sugar free
>>
>>7522753
is this weeb shit?
>>
>>7522762
karo makes corn syrup. i'm guessing this is basically maple-flavored corn syrup, but I'm too lazy to actually look it up.
>>
>>7522773
ah, haven't seen that particular brand in canada [syrup capital]
>>
>>7522738
>all this shitty american syrup

my sides
>>
>>7522753
Ive used the white Karo, sometimes even putting powdered sugar on top of the pancakes too.
Not bad
>>
>>7522738
>Shop Rite Syrup
They got the bomb Iced Tea, and fake Elios doe
Out of those I always went with Log Cabin. No hfcs.
>>
>>7522738
>maple syrup
None of the shit in your pic is maple syrup, most of it doesn't even try to bullshit you. It's just syrup, log cabin is completely forthcoming about it, literally labelled high fructose corn syrup. It's all shit.
>>
I like to use honey instead because it's natural and organic and has stuff that's good for you
>>
>>7522738
I don't know maybe literally any ACTUAL MAPLE SYRUP!?

Real maple syrup is distinct tasting, and has a completely different texture from the high fructose corn syrup (or MAYBE just regular corn syrup) shit in your picture.
>>
Log Cabin is the best massed produced faux maple syrup. needless to say the real thing is much better.
>>
Why is the real thing so fucking pricey? I've only had real maple syrup once in my life and that was when I was a kid on a field trip to a place where maple syrup was being tapped. It was cool, we even had maple sugar cubes. One of my favorite childhood food memories right there.
>>
>>7523122
>Why is the real thing so fucking pricey?

You need ~50 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of syrup.

A single tree could potentially give you 50 gallons of sap over an entire season, or it might give you a single quart.
>>
right so none of those are real maple syrup

i'm going to go with none of those
>>
Butter
>>
I think hungry jack is pretty good but the real stuff is kind of out of my price range.
>>
>>7523266

Maple syrup is pretty expensive, but it's rich stuff so it doesn't take half the bottle to sweeten 4 pancakes you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>7522738
Screw all that fancy stuff, just buy some good'ol corn syrup, the high fructose kind, thank me later.
>>
>>7522762
I actually laughed.
>>
>>7523286
well, that escalated.
>>
>>7523089
>literally labelled high fructose corn syrup
That clearly says "no high fructose corn syrup", why would a company advertise that on their label?
Lay off the Downy next time bruh
>>
I like date syrup. It's just whole dates and water. Healthwise, maple syrup is no better than corn syrup, assuming equal water content. All sugars, that don't come packaged in a whole food with fiber, antioxidants, and various other nutrients, are equally detrimental. Blackstrap molasses is a bit better than worthless.
>>
Maple syrup from my family farm somewhere between kingston ontario and Ottawa Ontario. Where my grandfather still taps the trees with a hand drill, and we collect sap in buckets using a snowmobile or tactor depending on the season. Boiled on an open cast iron boiler from 1898 with a new stainless finishing table. Fired with wood to achieve a subtle smokeness that softly wispers "remeber collecting buckets as a kid and having fun at the sugarbush as a kid" into your ears with every bite.
>>
File: fullsizerender.jpg (244 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
fullsizerender.jpg
244 KB, 1280x1280
>>7523345
Good news! Grade B maple syrup exists.
>>
>>7523377
That's a fraction of a percent better.
>>
>>7523392
You're a fraction of a percent heterosexual.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.