[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone unironically hate the taste of delicious blood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Blood_Sausage.jpg (127 KB, 900x642) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Sausage.jpg
127 KB, 900x642
How can anyone unironically hate the taste of delicious blood?
>>
>>7522282
I doubt it's the taste that bothers them, it's the mental block some people have about eating stuff they consider "gross".

Besides, blood sausage aka black pudding is strongly seasoned and tastes little of blood. Is the tofu-like stuff found in some Asian dishes that really has a blood flavor.
>>
tfw can't find blood sausage where I live
suffering
>>
Blood is a life sustaining food. I was reading about Genghis Khan where the mongrels would make small cuts in their horses and drink the warm fresh blood to quell their hunger when no food was available.
>>
>>7522298
Try the Mexican markets.
>>
>>7522335
So are the packages that in theory have everything to create new life, and I'm not talking about cum
>>
>>7522335
They still do that in Africa. Slit a cow's throat and collect the blood in a bowl, swirl it around until it congealed then eat the lumps. Mmmm-Mmmm
>>
I love Spanish morcilla, it's really delicious. Grilled, stewed, raw in sandwiches. I love the way they cook it in Leon with plenty of smoked paprika. Also in Murcia, filled with pine seeds and a touch of cinnamon hmmm
>>
File: f751183.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
f751183.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
blood and rice in swine intestine

loved by slavs and hungarians alike
>>
>>7522628
Pretty big in portugal too
>>
>>7522600
I thought blood and organs were illegal to sell in America, that's why haggis is banned from importation and selling.
>>
>>7522752

That's not true at all. Haggis is banned from importation because it contains lungs, which along with brains are specifically prohibited.

Other organ meats and blood are fine.
>>
>>7522752
>I thought blood and organs were illegal to sell in America

Hah, nah brah. I get blood sausage all the time from Irish butchers by me. Offal is also easy to find at most butchers.
>>
We have blood candy bars in Russia.
>>
>>7524164
Elaborate please.
>>
>>7524168
Hematogens, they're sweet nutrition bars that have powdered cow (I think) blood as an ingredient since their main purpose is being an iron supplement.
They're pretty tasty as well, similar to a tough hard fudge.
>>
File: chanfaina_salmantina.jpg (161 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
chanfaina_salmantina.jpg
161 KB, 600x450
>>7522282
American here and live in Spain atm. All of my American friends are like, "B-b-but blood!!!!" as I dig into a tasty morsel of morcilla (which barely has any blood in it) or, far be it me, chanfaina, a variation of paella made with cubes of gelatinized blood and tripe (it's amazing). Also had this one duck blood thing in Poland that was gorg.

If you get over the fact of what you're eating and stop being a god damn pussy blood is delicious. Basically any offal/nasty bit that people are afraid to eat. You should see their faces light up when they bite into a tender beef tongue stew without knowing what it is.
>>
Black pudding sausage rolls are heaven sent, you damn'd heretic.
>>
>>7522628
I'm a slav and I agree, its delicious when you fry it up in a pan and eat it with fresh bread
>>
We call them morcilla here
nearly no one knows they are made from blood
>>
>>7522466
Eggs? They are a pretty great protein.
>>
>>7522793
>ontains lungs, which along with brains are specifically prohibited.

why? I could see if it was beef but isn't haggis made out of sheep?
>>
>>7526004
>why?

Supposedly because lungs can easily carry/transmit infectious diseases, even from an animal that appears healthy. At least that's what I was taught in a food safety course.

>>I could see if it was beef but isn't haggis made out of sheep?

Why would it matter if it was one species of animal vs. another? The risks are the same.
>>
>>7526004
You know the mad cow disease comes from sheep, right? It was passed to cows via animal flours (not sure that's the right words).
>>
>unironically

Fuck you op
>>
>>7522499
thats literally how bloodsausages are made (well almost)
>>
>>7522282
cuz Im not a vvampire
>>
europeans really eat blood? That's disgusting.

What does it taste like? What food has a similar texture to blood sausages
>>
>>7528122
Black pudding is actually now classed as a "super food". Personally dont give two shits what they class it as, my local butcher makes the stuff and its to die for.
>>
I eat my scabs sometimes, they taste pretty good and they are basically just dried blood.
>>
How does 4chan know my name?
>>
>>7528271
Bar black pudding isnt just made of blood. Also its not a scab so way off
>>
>>7522282
i know you're trying to be edgy, but blood sausage is one of those foods that can be amazing in small quantities and absolutely will be disgusting in very large quantities.

t. german who grew up with this stuff

p.s.: also the consistency is awful
>>
>>7526037
>Why would it matter if it was one species of animal vs. another? The risks are the same.

But that's wrong.
>>
>>7528105
No it isn't, you retard.
>>
>>7528277
Scabs aren't made of blood, they're made of thin strands of protein, faggot.
>>
>>7528122
I never realised how difficult it was to describe until you asked for a description.

I suppose the texture is similar to a raw mushroom but a bit drier and more crumbly (like a damp cookie but harder).

Taste wise it's difficult too, it is like a sip of Guinness but without the bitterness . . .it's much sweeter that you think.

Every other weekend I used to have my son (aged 7 ) stay with me and I got him on to them by just calling them a 'Northern sausage' .. .he loves them. Black pudding (as it's called here in Bongland) is often served with a Full English Breakfast but I see some chefs are serving it as a base for Scallops.

Fry up a couple of slices (couple of minutes either side) and see for yourself - it's not as bad as you think.
>>
>>7528295
So what was the point of putting that initial post in?
>>
>>7528307
>everyone on 4chan is one person
>>
>>7528122
Americans are just the worst sort of person.
>>
>>7528281
Oh just fuck off.
>>
It tastes like angels crying on the tip of your toungue
>>
Now do you guys dry fry them or use a fat of some sort like butter or oil? I have seen people do both.
>>
>>7528328
A smidgeon of oil, don't need much, a 1/4" slice will cook with a couple of minutes each side. (they are already cooked as part of the manufacturing process).
>>
>>7528328
fry in oil generally. Depends what you are having it with.
Me well mines with a fry up.
>>
>>7528323
>how dare you state that a mix of blood and flour is only delicious in small quantities
>i am a mighty warrior who regularly feasts on the blood of animals and feel nothing but contempt for effeminate creatures like you
>>
I enjoy the disgust in people's faces when ordering one of these.

Especially French tourists seem to be unable to handle this.
>>
>>7528399
What is the other sausage next to it?
>>
>>7522282
I really want to try this.
>>
>>7528404

Liver
>>
>>7528423
Ahh . .Ok cheers.
>>
>>7528404
Liversausage

But it actually contains only about 20% of liver. Rest is usual pork meat & fat. Liver gives it the unique taste tho.
>>
>>7528399
>French tourist not enjoying German boudin noir with choucroute
Welp, some people have haemophobia or something. Or they are surprised to see this type of sausage with sauerkraut, the Alsatian version is kinda bland.
At first on the picture I thought it was a boudin créole, the spicy version from the colonies.
>>
File: No - Ralph.png (156 KB, 548x215) Image search: [Google]
No - Ralph.png
156 KB, 548x215
>>7528281
>absolutely will be disgusting in very large quantities.
>>
>>7528368
You're doing a lot of projecting there, Nazi boy.
>>
>>7528399
German with french ancestory here.
Strange, since the french do know a blood sausage, the boudin rouge. I even like it a little better for its smooth texture, where the German Blutwurst usually has lumps of fat in it.
>>
File: kiszka.jpg (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kiszka.jpg
149 KB, 640x480
>>7522298

Look for a Polish / Eastern European market.
>>
>>7528105
dumb ameriposter
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.