[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any mcfags here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12
File: B5I7rChO.jpg (18 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
B5I7rChO.jpg
18 KB, 601x601
any mcfags here?
>>
I used to be a McDick but now I am a #BurgerKing
>>
i've been craving mcdicks mcnuggets for weeks but i can't bring myself to swing thru
>>
>>7522004
Burger King must have more ground chuck in the meat or something because I can never eat an entire burger without getting grossed out and stopping. Other people love ground chuck but I gag every time I try to eat it.
>>
>>7522017
>more ground chuck in the meat
What?
>>
I have absolutely nothing against people who eat at McDonalds or wherever else. But it makes me wonder why they choose such places when there are so many better options out there. I can make a better tasting quick meal faster than the one you snag from Mack Dongals drive-thru. Refried beans with jalapenos in a tortilla with shredded four cheese melted on top and a side of salsa takes a grand total of two minutes to serve up. And that's just off the top of my head. Soups, pitas, sandwiches, etc. There is so much more to enjoy. Why waste your time with that over-salted fast food?
>>
>>7522017
I was also wondering if I can make hamburger out of ground beef.
>>
File: It_s_your_show__Doc.png (370 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
It_s_your_show__Doc.png
370 KB, 854x480
>>7522040
So can I come to your house and get a better fucking burger, my man?
>>
>>7522053
I am nearly convinced anyone can make a better hamburger. I'd put my faith in an epileptic retard chef before a fast food place.
>>
>>7522062
It's the convenience of fast food that's appealing not the quality.

Exercise isn't appealing either but having a good body is
>>
>>7522162
These threads would be more enjoyable if the people replying would actually read WTF the other person wrote.
>>
File: smug.jpg (10 KB, 198x199) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10 KB, 198x199
>>7521987
Sadly yes.

>>7522011
I had half a tray they were going to throw out, mmmmm....

>>7522040
Because people are lazy and stupid.
>>
>>7522040
McDonald's has a certain quality you just can't get if you make it at home. The chemical profile of their food has been tested and focus-grouped to perfection. You cannot achieve the balance of salt and sugar that McDonald's does. Maybe I'm weird, but I'll always prefer McDonald's to any other chain, except maybe In-n-Out. I certainly prefer it to Five Guys, Smashburger, etc. I can make something better at home, to be sure. Yet it'll never have that je ne sais quois of a Big Mac.
>>
>>7521987

>family brings home fast food
>doesn't want to go to Hardy's despite it being the best fast food joint in town because it's too expensive
>they don't like Burger King
>Wendy's has shitty fries and the particular Wendy's in town has shitty service, they get something wrong in almost every order
>familly still goes to Wendy's because muh pretzel bun

Since I pretty much only get fast food when my family does, McDonalds is the best choice.
>>
>>7522162
When I eat I find it's good to be cautious about what I buy. Like, sometimes I read the entire menu before deciding what to choose.
>>
>go to mcdonalds for the first time in a year
>mcdoubles are $1.59
>>
>>7522187
You don't go to McDonalds to get a "McDonalds quality burger" that you can't exceed the quality of at home.

You get it because you
1.) Want a burger
2.) Don't want to make said burger yourself

You either didn't mean to reply to me or you're fucking inept and can't understand the appeal of FAST food.

Almost all of McDonalds menu is fucking gross too and how do you explain why they are afloat?
>>
>>7521987
As in eat there or work there?
>>
>>7521987
Is American McDonalds better or worse than Australian McDonalds? Haa anybody ever compared the two?

Also, mud muffins. Fucking christ I love them.
>>
Aussie mcdonals is the best purely because of create your taste and that footy feed box (not that its good but its decent value for once...)

Japanese mcdonals is alright, i ordered this drink that tasted like garbage when i was there and i really want to know what it was. It had a lot of bits in it, maybe rice?
>>
I haven't been to Mcdonalds in so long I wanna go there just so I can see what it's like.
>>
>>7524595
Lmao Aussie mcdonalds is a fucking rip off
>>
>>7524595
Maybe it was bubble tea. I think the ones in Germany at the very least do them.
>>
>>7524599
The price of nuggets over here...Jesus motherfucking christ. For comparison, you can get 24 for $10 at KFC while McNuggets on their own are like 6 for $5 or something.
>>
>>7524590
worse, way way way worse
its always the same reason why mcdonalds are booming internationally, they don't skimp on the "quality" to try to jew every single cent.
australian mcdonalds make everything fresh and the meat isn't made from gym mattresses
>>
>>7524608
Do I dare ask what they do in the process of attempting quantity over quality?
>>
>>7524615
takes up to 15 minutes to complete an order?
higher cost of australian mcdonalds over american mcdonalds?
>>
>>7524599
not really, its overpriced but thats becasue everything is.

>>7524606
agreed, the only thing i would buy from McDonalds is nuggets but they're so expensive

>>7524603
wasnt bubble tea, it wasnt basil seed tea either. it tasted seriously bad and it was grey with ice in it.
>>
>>7524618
Fifteen minutes. I can order and receive [spoiler]and eat most of if not all of[/spoiler] a pizza in the span of fifteen minutes. I don't know what's real anymore. What happened to Chuck E. Cheese being the nadir of the culinary industry?
>>
>>7524622
So uh...looks like spoiler tags don't work in /ck/ or something.
>>
>>7524626
anyone who's been out of /v/ for longer than 2 minutes knows this.
>>
>>7524639
[spoiler]control s[/spoiler] still works, so he was lead down a dumb path
>>
File: olnige.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
olnige.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>7524641
>>
>>7522480
If your burger doesn't meet the same quality of mickey D's then you aren't using enough salt.
>>
I can't remember the last time I spent more than $5 at McDonalds. Overseas prices are abominable.
>>
File: dsc022041.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
dsc022041.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>7524619
Taro milk tea?

It's going to taste like shit if you're not used to it.
>>
>>7524647
i know it doesnt work, im just illustrating that it does so people who dont know where its enabled might fall for it

>>7524710
nah it was watery. It wasnt bubble tea or milk tea.
>>
>>7521987
I only ate there because of 1 dollar mcdoubles.

I heard about the mcpick 2, was going to go and get 2 mcdoubles and it turns out they have literally already gotten rid of it.

Fuck Mcdonalds, if im going to buy cheap dirty food, its going to be cheap. If I start buying more expensive stuff on the menu, im much better off taking my 5 or 6$ to another restaurant.
>>
File: 1440913715436.jpg (12 KB, 296x256) Image search: [Google]
1440913715436.jpg
12 KB, 296x256
Okay, what kind of oddity does McDonalds serve in your country?
>>
File: standing.png (92 KB, 269x276) Image search: [Google]
standing.png
92 KB, 269x276
>>7524843
>mfw

standing shoulda stayed sitting.

Aus mcd's has gourmet burgers and nothing worth buying (including the gourmet burgers)
>>
>>7524590
I tried every muffin of theirs, they crumble to pieces before they reach your mouth to even chew on them. But admittedly mud is the best seller, we get regulars for those.

>>7524599
This, but somehow they don't profit much. I'm sure it's the wages and rent

>>7524606
It was 6 for $6.15 not long ago
>>
>>7524807
You can now get 2 big macs for 5$
>>
>>7523433
Same situation here, except hardees here is shit, they're pretty disgusting you can tell they're not very clean . Wendys is pretty clean but their burgers and fries are really dry. BK is just meh. Mcdonalds is where its at.
>>
>>7525085
>yfw you realize that the Big Mac and the McDouble have the same amount of meat (3.2 oz)
>yfw you realize that the quarter pounder before cooking is only 4 ounces, and cooks down near the weight of the mcdouble and big mac

>even with the special "pick 2 for 5" deal, you are literally paying more than 100% more for each burger for the same meat content

Is salad dressing and a piece of bread worth double the price of the mcdouble?
Is an extra slice of cheese and having 1 patty vs 2 worth double the price of the mcdouble?

Buying a big mac at full price 4$ was insane in the first place, but even now at 2.50$ its a shit deal compared to the mcdouble (even with its raised price at 1.19)
>>
>>7524606
lmao nuggets here are less than $6 for 20.
>>
>>7525227
you can get the double cheeseburger for $1 take out the ketchup and mustard, add mac sauce $0.50 and you'll have big mac without lettuce for $1.50+tax
>>
>>
I worked 3 shifts in mcdicks before giving up. I was put on the till. I will never underestimate the stupidity of the general populace again.
>>
File: 8db.png (54 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
8db.png
54 KB, 919x737
mfw I can get 50 nuggets for $10 USD at my local mcdongz
>>
Gonna swoop in for some breakfast tomorrow; gonna see if they'll let me get a Chicken McGriddle. Anyone have any experience with these?
>>
>>7525085
they discontinued it at my mcdonalds tuesday
>>
>>7521987
What would you guys suggest I order?
>>
>>7526034
That's a pretty big lie senpai
>>
>>7526008
Do you have a job now?

>>7527474
Quarter pounder, or a double cheese with extra mustard and pickles
>>
>>7522480
Jenna said what?
>>
>>7524798
Was it dishwater?
>>
>>7524843
Is his wife Jess Standing-Heere?
>>
>>7521987
>they advertised the shit out of 2 for 2
>it's gone a week later
They must have been losing some serious money. Now it costs almost twice as much for my mcchicken/mcdouble combo.
>>
File: bigxtra.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bigxtra.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
holy fuck, I haven't had McD's in half a year.
I like that they let you make your own burger now. I'm going to try to re create the Big Xtra. Best fast food burger ever.
>>
>>7523433

stop living with your family loser
>>
>>7525085
>>7527472

Yep. That promotion's over now.
>>
File: worm_1ak11g3-1ak11vo.jpg (170 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
worm_1ak11g3-1ak11vo.jpg
170 KB, 656x369
Why does /ck/ tolerate these marketing threads?
>>
>>7521987
I know it's shit quality food, but there is something about the mcnuggets that I just can't get from any other fast food place. Also, when the fries are fresh, they are probably my favorite fast food fries, as well.
>>
>>7527993
What's in it? Looks like a Whopper with a quarter pounder patty
>>
File: 1456103511722.png (768 KB, 722x758) Image search: [Google]
1456103511722.png
768 KB, 722x758
Had two McChickens today, absolutely brilliant.

>>7528181
/ck/ is moderated by "social media experts" from the fast food companies. Have 5 McDonalds threads up if you want to but don't you dare post Ja/ck/.
>>
Im a manager at mcdicks and i cant tell you how much i hate it. Cant leave yet though because its literally the only job i can get near my home. I live with a 92 year old with dementia and although shes rarely alone there have been accidents with mixing up/taking a weeks worth of meds at a time or falling. Only job that will let me run down the road to check her during lunch break and emergencies. Too many kids work here who dont give a shit and too many asshole customers every day. Hate to say it but as soon as grandma is gone, I'm getting a better job
>>
>>7528181
we don't, the mods have forsaken us and left us powerless to get these shit heads off the board.
>>
>>7523561
yeah brah they don't even have the dollar menu anymore, its the "McValue Menu" because fucking nothing's a dollar
bullshit is what
>>
>>7529589
God, dude. That sounds like it really fucking sucks.
>>
>>7529766
it does. Don't get me wrong, its McDonalds. It might not be a 'difficult' job, but its stressful af. I've seen guests scream at people who have worked here for years over prices we can't even control or it being busy during rush hour and bring these experienced people to tears. I'm losing people left and right and we're doing all we can but how can we blame them? My GM is trying her absolute hardest to help people out because she's a bleeding heart and a wonderful person, but employees are dropping like flies so we have to hire more. New people are shitty and inexperienced and for every 6 you hire you might get one good one who doesn't just smoke weed 24 hours a day and will actually show up to shifts. Last week I had someone threatening to have me fired and threatening to 'beat some manners into me' after we closed the store because they were pissed that I wasn't going to replace/refund food that they 'threw out at home' and they had no receipt for. Even went as far to try and find their order on a register because we can reprint any receipt from that day. Suddenly they didn't know what they ordered but it was "about 20 bucks". Told them to talk to my GM the next day. Of course they never showed up.

Also. We know the food is shit. We eat it too but we know its awful and sub-par. I've never seen anyone do anything fishy to food on purpose. Worst we've done is use a beef spatula on chicken or I've seen someone not use gloves to throw meat into a fryer when we're in a hurry. I'm not defending the company. Don't get me wrong. I'm just saying most of us do make an effort to give you a decent product and try to make your visit nice, but sometimes things are shit and we can't recover from it. I've gotten stuck all by myself from 9pm to close twice now due to people just not showing up, and you can't call anyone in for a shift that late at such short notice. Had to lock doors and close early. Almost lost my job but had no choice
>>
McDonalds markets that they care so much about their product and customers. Really its only about how much $$$ they make but that is always going to be the bottom line since Ray Kroc died. Employees hate the company they work for because they have nobody do defend them when customers are assholes and they know their work sucks. Why are customers assholes? Prices, policies and just in general there is always that handful of people who will ruin everything for the majority of honest folks. I'm talking about the pricks who always fight for a lower price because "its supposed to be x.xx" or they will complain at every visit, but company policy says the customer is always right and we have to give them free shit. This is one of the things that make our work suck. This and the teenagers who think its fun to climb over tables and smear ketchup on every surface. The unattended, screaming children who are disrupting other customers and at risk of hurting themselves that the employees literally cannot do anything about. The bitchy mom who will huff and bitch about a wait for her food when she orders 5+special orders and wants everything fresh to order and only comes in when we're already trying to serve 500+ people in that hour. Don't tell us our jobs suck and don't tell us its easy. We know it sucks. We know it doesn't take a lot of skill to flip a damned burger. We know our lack of skill is why we don't get much more than min wage. But the amount of stress and abuse these people have to withstand every day is obscene, and corporate will blame it all on the employee and say they aren't doing their job right if they have to deal with this mess
>>
There were no shamrock shakes at my local McDonald's this year :(
>>
>>7524622
I don't normally go to McDonald's often. Last time was a few weeks ago and I went inside to order since I wanted some extra time to choose from the menu. Wasn't in any hurry so I didn't mind waiting. During a rush as well, Friday or Saturday evening I think. So what, not my problem as mister customer. Waited a long time, got my to-go on a tray and they forgot my drink. It was super quickly corrected when I mentioned it. I don't blame them, the whole staff seemed panicked. Someone (manager?) was complaining about a 14 minute drive thru ticket.

Seems the business of McDonald's is too conflicted between the classic cheap fast tasty meal and the new slow expensive healthy one that doesn't even fucking taste good. So they're getting the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>7522480

>eating fast food at all

Can you cretins seriously just off yourselves already?
>>
Eatin' my munchies snack of a big mac meal with 2 mcdoubles and mac sauce. Feelsgoodman
>>
what the fuck is it with the fast food shilling in the fucking catalog these past few days?
Leave us alone, I don't want your shitty fast food
>>
>>7529846
I feel for you dude, all kinds of people coming to our Mc Donalds just to make trouble. We've got drug addicts and all kinds of stuff to worry about while food is being served. That and the store isn't well managed .

>>7530106
Most people are too stupid to choose an alternative or make it themselves.

>>7530130
I think it's acceptable as long as it doesn't go overboard.
>>
>>7521987
I literally have McD, BK and KFC next to each other 5 minutes away from here.

Last time I got my Chicken- and Cheeseburgers at Mc's, they were bland as hell. And the mcnuggets literally tasted like the cardboard box they came in.

I only get Hot Wings and chicken pieces from KFC. They're still alright but they got fucking tiny and overpriced as shit. I also get sick when I devour an order of Hot Wings in one sitting.

So, today I went to BK's because they had coupons. I've been to BK before but I'm not as familar with their menu as I am with McD's. I got some crispy chicken, chili cheese and a Big King burger. And damn, they were really good compared to your generic Chicken- or Cheeseburger at McDonald's. I feel like I get more value and better tasting burgers at BK.
>>
>>7521987

Anyone playing the McDonald's Monopoly game?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.