[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chicken fried stead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: ChickenFriedSteak.jpg (194 KB, 1249x710) Image search: [Google]
ChickenFriedSteak.jpg
194 KB, 1249x710
Chicken fried steak thread.

Post picks, best restaurants, recipes.

Here is based recipe link: http://www.homesicktexan.com/2007/03/independence-and-chicken-fried-steak.html
>>
>>7521953
Step the fuck back son:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJhshDI2d8

THIS IS THE END-ALL.
>>
File: gc in socks.jpg (373 KB, 1500x1033) Image search: [Google]
gc in socks.jpg
373 KB, 1500x1033
>>7521963
>country fried steak

please, boy
>>
>>7521973
>didnt watch the video where he talks about the terminology

The only difference for you simpletons is that chicken fried steak is cooked in oil previously used to cook fried chicken...

Country fried steak is the same goddamn thing just in unused oil. Fuckin yank.
>>
File: BoaN.jpg (26 KB, 220x339) Image search: [Google]
BoaN.jpg
26 KB, 220x339
>>7521984
Not really, though what he makes is more likely to be called chicken fried steak than country fried steak since he makes a white gravy.

Country fried steak is traditionally served with brown gravy. He also has an egg wash which isn't used to make country fried steak. In the end, the video is mislabeled as it is a chicken fried steak being made, not country fried.
>>
>>7521990
>traditionally
You don't traditions Amerilard, you have habits.
>>
>>7522002
>the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

I was unaware that the War of Independence took place in my lifetime.
>>
File: chicken fried steak best.jpg (101 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
chicken fried steak best.jpg
101 KB, 1000x750
My dad says some Europeans he works with were perplexed with chicken fried steaks and said they reacted with disdain. Can any eurofriends explain this? Is this food somehow highly weird and disgusting looking to you? I believe the people who were stirred up by it were French.
>>
>>7522010
They must be unaware of schnitzel. Chicken fried steak is derived from that very thing, German speaking immigrants in central Texas used local beef to make it and it caught on.
>>
>>7522010
It's basically schnitzel, a European dish.
Your dad is full of shit.
>>
>>7522014
>>7522020
Maybe they knew about it and were making fun of us calling it chicken fried steak instead of schnitzel. It is kind of a funny name, maybe it's meaning gets lost in translation.
>>
>that tiny amount of gravy
>not enough for the taters too

triggered
>>
File: paula-deen-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
paula-deen-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Serious question. What are the best sides for cfs?
corn on the cob?
fried okra?
greens?
mashed 'taters?
is a biscuit too much?

what do?
>>
>>7522010
>>7522020
>Schnitzel made with chicken
The dead will rest easy not knowing this evil.
>>
>>7522010

To be fair, the french hate everything that isn't french
>>
File: 1384230320827.gif (2 MB, 183x224) Image search: [Google]
1384230320827.gif
2 MB, 183x224
>>7522049
>chicken fried steak
>made with chicken

You're dense as fuck
>>
>>7522054
>Schnitzel
>Made with chicken
>>
File: chicken-fried-chicken.jpg (171 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
chicken-fried-chicken.jpg
171 KB, 1500x1125
>>7522058
That's called chicken fried chicken, welcome to America

pic related
>>
>>7522047
You answered your own question.
>>
>>7522058
Steak - fried like chicken = chicken fried steak, you brain absent ballyhoo.
>>
>>7522067
But what about the biscuit? Too much?
>>
>>7522115
Yes. As I said, you answered your own question.
>>
>>7521963
fuck that looks goddamn perfect.
>>
>>7522014
There's been some good runs of germaniphonia over the years

I've also seen a southerner on DDnD that called it a "snitzer"
>>
>>7522010
Eurofag here, had a giant fried chicken steak while driving the Route 66 to have an all-American experience. Found it amazing but had too much bechamel sauce that made it very heavy. As mentioned here, it's basically a chicken Wienerschnitzel covered in bechamel. Like Villaroy Chicken with the bechamel outside.
>>
>>7522629
If it was basically a chicken schnitzel, then it was chicken-fried chicken.
If it was basically a beef schnitzel, then it was chicken-fried (or country-fried) steak.
>>
>>7521963
I will make this and report back.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.