[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite kind of frozen veggies? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Frozen_Vegetables.jpg (12 KB, 402x299) Image search: [Google]
Frozen_Vegetables.jpg
12 KB, 402x299
What's your favourite kind of frozen veggies? How do you like to coock them?

I usually just throw them in a pan with olive oil and garlic and use some soy sauce or tabasco.

(I know i should get them fresh but i like to keep frozen as backup if i'm too busy)
>>
>>7521040
frozen green beans. every day for months i would fry them in a pan with olive oil and garlic, add canned tomatoes, paprika, salt+pepper, lemon, then add some couscous and hot water to the pan and let it sit before eating. fucking delicious but im over it
>>
frozen sweet green peas. Thankfully the generic brand at my local supermarket is high quality. So I buy a dozen big bags of peas when I go. Goes great with chili.
>>
Broccoli is pretty good. It may have been blanched, and you're probably going to cook it. This destroys heat sensitive myrosinase enzymes that turn heat stable glucoraphanin into the antioxidant sulforaphane which is also heat stable. You can bring its sulforaphane content back up to that of raw by eating it with some ground mustard seeds.
>>
>>7523014
k
>>
>>7523014
>antioxidant

No fucking thanks, my body likes oxygen
>>
carrots and peas

kroger brand
>>
>>7523036
not the free radicals that it makes though
>>
>>7521058

Damn. That sounds great.
>>
File: 1450775692788.jpg (21 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1450775692788.jpg
21 KB, 540x543
Looking at the thumb nail I thought that looked like sugary gummy worms and then I got hungry
>>
>>7521058
Green beans are good fot binding bile, but they don't offer much nutrition. My dad grows them and I'd never pay for them. They grow *fast* and nitrify soil for more worthwhile plants.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.