[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just learned people microwave Bacon. Do you do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
I just learned people microwave Bacon. Do you do this?
>>
>>7520997
No, I bake it.
>>
>>7520997
I'd rather skin my own tongue.
>>
i have a neat little plastic rack from my brother in law. it gets crispy and the grease drips off. i cover the whole thing with a paper towel. i like it
>>
When I'm too tired/drunk to pull out my pan and cook it I microwave it. It's not that bad and it's faster with less cleanup. If you're making a larger recipe then actually use a pan but if you just want some quick bacon then I recommend a microwave.
>>
File: tl-0073.jpg (59 KB, 1366x734) Image search: [Google]
tl-0073.jpg
59 KB, 1366x734
>bacon meme after 2010
>>
>>7520997
We used to. It seemed the normal thing to do at the time.
>>
It works alright when you're in a hurry but it's obviously better from the pan.
>>
>>7520997
Nope grilled mainly, sometimes for a treat I fry it.
>>
>>7520997
In a pinch it works well, you need to keep it elevated to get it crispy though. But I prefer baking it
>>
>>7520997
Tried that once. Thought it was gross. Never again.

>>7520998
Tried that once. Thought it was gross. Never again.

I just pan fry it.
Any of y'all Negroes try cured, smoked beef plate IE "beef bacon?" I never bought any because it was so expensive until a month or so ago because it was on sale for really cheap. I... I actually like it better than real (IE pork) bacon. And I tend to really, really hate beef substitutes for traditionally pork-based foods, like hot dogs and other smoked sausages.

If you've had the stuff, wadda y'all think of it?
>>
>>7520997
I tried it. In a hurry it'll do but for a more natural flavor and texture I'd always suggest trying or baking.
>>
>>7521052

Exactly the same as this Anon. My parents did it that way, I do it that way. I've baked bacon before, I've fried bacon before. I didn't notice much of a difference. I have not yet grilled or boiled bacon though.
>>
>>7521291

>beef bacon

sounds carcinogenic

sounds like something whole foods gonna sell really soon

sounds worse than turkey bacon
>>
I have an irrational distrust of microwaves.
>>
i eat it "raw" dude
>>
File: 8771381.jpg (16 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
8771381.jpg
16 KB, 201x251
>>7522318
microwaves are perfectly safe, senpai. I wouldn't lie to you. You're just being irrational. Our scientific studies confirm it!
>>
>>7520997
Marco Pierre White actually recommends using a microwave. Fuck knows why.
>>
>>7521052
I've tried that but the paper towel fuses to the bacon
>>
>>7522371
Can't say that I've had that problem, senpai.

Heck, even a regular dishtowel works fine.
>>
>>7522377
>wut are phages
>>
>>7520997
No, baking it is the only way to go

It costs a lot of money nowadays, so I dont buy it often. When I do im not going to fucking microwave it.
>>
File: daeftrj.jpg (617 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
daeftrj.jpg
617 KB, 2048x1536
>>7522318
Pic related, its you when you realize that the non ionizing radiation inside of your microwave is the same that comes out of your router.
>>
I microwave scrambled eggs.
>>
>>7522420
Whoever wrote that can't be too smart. Correlation, not causation.
>>
>>7522371
lole
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.