[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make my own nacho cheese sauce? Not chili con queso,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: deluxe-nachos.jpg (367 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
deluxe-nachos.jpg
367 KB, 1280x960
How can I make my own nacho cheese sauce? Not chili con queso, I mean the liquid yellow vaguely cheese flavored sauce like they have at ball park nachos, dairy queen, and taco bell. I know ball parks use Rico's and it isn't that great, I really like Taco Bells and really really like Dairy Queens.
>>
>>7519772

Recipes all over the Internet faggot.

A roux, and slowly tear apart American yellow cheese and add.
>>
Make a white sauce with a roux, then add your cheese of choice.
>>
>>7519772
I'd try the cans of it at the grocery store first. It's probably not worth the trouble to make it yourself unless it's something special.
>>
>>7519928
Eww. It is totally worth the effort as it only takes about five minutes, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>7519772

"homemade" styles never quite match the ballpark nachos taste or consistency

whether or not its better, is up to you, but if you want their stuff, go to a URM, cash&carry, or whatever local distributor sells wholesale stuff to actual restaraunts/food services, and find a #10 can of it.

it actually freezes well so dont worry about not being able to eat it in time
>>
>>7520164
You say "eww", but the fucking cans of nacho cheese ARE what they use at stadiums and ballparks. So if you are really trying to create the same at home WHY would you NOT use it? I mean, are you seriously trying to elevate a shit food to some hipster core garbage? It's fucking stadium food, don't try to make it more than it is. Also, Rico's isn't the best brand, there are better brands out there. If you live in an area that has a "Smart and Final", I'd check there. If not, I'd check Costco or Sam's.
>>
>>7520176
Take a look at the ingredients list on that stuff.

Probably close to 30, 15 of which I'm not sure I could accurately pronounce. That's considering I believe myself to have slightly better than average reading skills.

No shit it doesn't taste the same doing a small batch at home with 10 basic ingredients at home. Change your pallet or eating habits. You'll never exactly duplicate what the farm feeds you little lost pig.
>>
>>7520207
The EZ cheese is based on the classic cheese sauce, though. It's really actually pretty fast, just as greasy and nasty, but actually much better than the canned stuff. It is worth it to make it from scratch. I don't turn down nasty nachos, but I guess I didn't realize that it came in a can. That's pretty gross, you gotta admit.
>>
>>7520222

what exactly are you trying to say

because it sounds like you're angrily agreeing with me
>>
>>7519772
Buy Ricos canned stuff, you cant make it better yourself if you tried.
>>
>>7520222
what kinda tangent happened here
>>
The type of processed cheese used for queso is called easy-melt, like velveeta
>>
SODIUM CITRATE mixed with your fav cheese.

Binds the oils & fats in the cheese intto a creamy sauce. Easier than a roux, and no lumps at all.
>>
File: 51000152831[1].jpg (139 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
51000152831[1].jpg
139 KB, 600x600
Here you go OP. Mix with a little milk
>>
>>7520262
That looks vile
>>
>>7520248

Do you think I could use the spray cheese stuff, like spray it into a cup, and then nuke it?
>>
You can make better nachos if you just buy some cheddar and melt it over some tortilla chips.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.