[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any tips on making quality fish and chips? Recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 720x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 720x430
Does anyone have any tips on making quality fish and chips? Recipes are also welcome
>>
>>7519507
Try tempura style, there's a recipe I can't find using just egg yolk and rice flour, they came out superb last time I tried it.

Found it, follow the tempura recipe in the link it's on the foodnetwork site, just search for tyler florence tempura recipe
>>
>>7519523

>anyone know how to make this good traditional recipe
>try this technnique from the other fucking side of the world

every fucking time
>>
>>7519507
Vinegar. You gotta let it swim again
>>
cod or mahi mahi + a basic beer batter never lets me down
>>
>>7519533
Who said anything about traditional recipe?
>>
>>7519533
Tempura>british anyway
>>
>>7519592

the person who said 'fish and chips'
>>
>>7519598

tempura is super crispy (for like 10 seconds) but doesn't have the same character as a good beer batter
>>
>>7519599
OP didn't ask for traditional. OP asked for tips and recipes. There are various ways in making fish and chips in case you didn't know.
>>
>>7519507
Just make sure your oil is hot and ready to go before you fry your fish, and that it is battered and seasoned well, and your potatoes are sliced thin. Your good to mate
>>
>>7519507
Hmm i never had wasabi with my fish and chips
>>
Fry with skin on. I like using just breadcrumbs, seasoned heavily. Parboil the fuck out of your chips. Serve with tartar or even gravy.
>>
>>7519666

and the first fucking one anyone suggests is the one that the primary culture behind the dish doesn't use

it's fucking annoying
>>
>>7519671
Mushy peas you thick yank.
>>
>>7519666
To clarify I wouldn't mind a more traditional recipe
>>
>>7519666

>does anyone have any tips on making quality sushi?
>sure! step 1: make the mayonnaise
>>
>>7519771
That's even worse.
>>
>>7519507
Use beer in the batter, mix it vigorously and use immediately.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.