[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't into food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: fuckingtiredofthisfaggotshit.jpg (18 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
fuckingtiredofthisfaggotshit.jpg
18 KB, 425x282
Hey /ck/. I'm a university student and I work full time. I like cooking, but lately I've been eating nothing but pasta and sandwiches because they're easy to make. I've gained quite a few pounds during the winter.

I'm trying to lose some weight by replacing some of my carb-heavy diet with some tasty alternatives featuring more vegetables and protein (and running, now that the ice has melted where I live.)

Do you have any good low-carb recipes that aren't super difficult to make? Thanks.
>>
>>7519229
stir-fry
>>
The memes are real
>>
carbs aren't thesource of your weight gain, excess calories are

if you're going to do cardio it'd be wise to keep carbs up. just track calories and weigh your food.
>>
>>7519242

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. Do you know of a way I can replace the rice with something with less carbs? I get enough of them as it is.
>>
>>7519258

Hm. Fair enough, but I'm still not getting much of any other nutrient. I hardly eat any fruits, proteins, or vegetables.
>>
>>7519265

you don't really need fruits. vegetables will cover all of your micronutrient bases. for fiber, switch to complex carbs like oats, brown rice, whole wheat pasta & bread, etc. fruits are nice when you need a quick boost in energy that won't last very long, but otherwise they aren't really important apart from tasting good.

but yeah, all i'm really getting at is that carbs aren't evil. definitely up your protein intake.
>>
>>7519280

Okay. So what I take from that is that maybe a nice brown rice and chicken stir fry with veggies would be a good go-to meal to replace my usual shitty pasta.

I usually keep some apples on hand, so I won't worry about fruits too much.

I'm sure that's easy enough to make. Any other ideas.
>>
>>7519265
Just find something other than wheat to use and up your protein intake via meat and fish. Vegetables are part of any actual main course so really you haven't been cooking.
>>
>>7519299

I have in the past. Just not lately.
>>
>>7519289
Brown rice is full of arsenic and takes forever to cook, just get some whole wheat pasta, toasted buckwheat and millet, they can all be done in 10-20 minutes.
>>
>>7519259
use brown rice and black or wild rice and less of it, it will keep you feeling full longer.
>>
>>7519229
Salads, roasted chicken, lightly sautéed vegetables, fresh fruit, nuts. I'm in the same boat. Cut way back on carbs (<50g/day), started eating more simple fresh food and running every day. Lost 15 lbs so far. Fuck winter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.