[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egg McMuffins are 2 for """""""$3.00""""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13
File: 20160329_093802.jpg (630 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160329_093802.jpg
630 KB, 2560x1440
Egg McMuffins are 2 for """""""$3.00""""""
Why do they lie? The person taking my order said the extra 50 cents was tax. Sales tax here should have worked out to 21 cents.

Why lie?
>>
>>7518213
They're not lying, they just don't give a shit, and nor should they. The machine says it's $3.50, so it's $3.50.
>>
>>7518213
Asking a little too many questions there. Time for your CORRECTIONS
>>
>>7518213
Is the brice of freedumb :DDD
>>
>>7518213

Aren't Americans used to this by now? You always advertise prices without tax which is complete bullshit.
>>
>>7518213
why is your 50 cents worth a post? Are you such a bitch that you came here to whine about it? Shit, I'll pay you twice as much to never blogpost again on this board generalissimo autisimo.
>>
>>7518233
Not always. Movie theaters tend to include sales tax in the price, for example.
>>
>>7518213
Was it advertised on the window? Why didn't you speak with a manager and get the price adjusted? You got lied to, btw.
>>
>>7518233
Don't your tiny little Nations have the same tax in entire Nation tho?

You realize different States here each determine their own sales tax. Tax is not included so a company can advertise nationally. Then you're expected to be able to do simple arithmetic to determine what you'll pay in taxes.

Maybe they include the tax in Europe because you guys pay more taxes than us and they don't want to daily remind you simpletons how much you pay on your receipt.
>>
>>7518213

that's $3 plus tip
>>
>>7518233

only cucks think that the price the government forces you to pay to eat food should be hidden. if you want to eat food, the government charges you a fee. i want to see that fee.
>>
>>7518213
>Why lie?
So you buy it
>>
>>7518245
Yes it was advertised on the window. Yes I spoke to manager. He couldn't expkaim it. Hung up on me after I explained how sales tax works.

When I called back 3 times it went to voice mail. Try calling the number.
>>
>>7518261
>Throwing a shit-fit over 50 cents, after going home and stewing for a while.

Normally I assume this was a troll, but this board is filled with faggots.
>>
>>7518213
Your receipt clearly says that tax was only 30 cents.
Why wouldn't you mention this to whoever was working there?
>>
File: Euro.jpg (10 KB, 250x335) Image search: [Google]
Euro.jpg
10 KB, 250x335
>>7518233
>Oi OI! Ze Luuk at ze me! I smell liek ze ztinky french cheese! Le Hon HON! I hate ze ahmehreekauns so i shall go to zhere imauuuge bauds and sheet on zem! Le hon HON!
>>
>>7518213
How about you go email them
>>
>>7518250
>You realize different States here each determine their own sales tax.

Same in Europe. And yet, somehow, each European member state manages to display the correct price. Amazing, huh?
>>
>>7518277

again, you are retarded for not wanting to know how much you are charged for the privilege the government grants you of eating.
>>
>>7518277

Umm. You're fucking retarded.

You hate when Europe is called a country, that's what you basically did.

We are the United States of America. 50 States that comprise a nation.

Sometimes a nation is also called a State. But that's semantics. I clearly stated Nations example: UK, France, Germany etc.
>>
>>7518284
You do realize that the tax is written on the receipt, right?
>>
Nigger are you stupid? You were trying to dispute the tax and give the guy a lecture. The tax was correct on the total of the items, it's the price of the McMuffins which was wrong.
>>
>>7518284
I know how much I'm charged. We have an education system. The majority of people can do math. In their head, even!

>>7518288
>You hate

Do I? Huh. Do you often project that much?

>We are the United States of America. 50 States that comprise a nation.

We are the European Union. 28 member states that comprise a hybrid federal system.

What is this, comparative Political Science?
>>
>>7518313

OK, you win. Europe is a Country. A shitty Country.

Take that argument to pol. See what happens.
>>
>>7518274
Underrated post
>>
>>7518320
>Europe is a Country

You didn't take notes during the lecture, did you? You were told what the European Union is and you still got a D on the final. You might want to consider switching majors.
>>
>>7518325
If anything you need to reread what I told you.

I don't give a shit about your Union. It's basically like NAFTA. We are still States that comprise a Nation. And you are Nations that comprise a Union. And you are still a dumbass backpedaling and using semantics.
>>
This thread is just like those retarded cut vs uncut threads on /b/

Americans are defending a retarded system with absolutely retarded arguments like - b-but I want to know how much government charges me

Yeah, I know my tax is 18% and it's included in the price displayed and the individual prices without the tax are displayed on the receipt. Do you guys really walk around with the calculator when you're down on your last 5-10 bucks? How the fuck are you supposed to know what you're paying if you don't know the correct price? This should be common sense but Americans will still defend their retarded ways because muh freedom and lol yurop sucks.
>>
File: 1454528335027.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1454528335027.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>>7518341
>he can't do basic mathematics in his head
>he can't memorize his tax laws
>Eurodumbs
>>
>>7518350
So you read up on tax laws when you travel to another state?
>>
>>7518361
The variations are so subtle it doesn't matter on small purchases.

If a person was going to purchase a new car for example, then yeah they probably would. But that's usually something you do in your home State.
>>
>>7518350

Are you seriously implying that most Americans can calculate the price based on their sales tax? Do they even know the sales tax? Most of you can't even point to North America in the map let alone do math.
>>
>>7518337
>I don't give a shit about your Union

You seem to be awfully upset about something you don't care about.

>backpedaling

How so anon? I maintain the position that the USA can display prices appropriate to each state, just as Europe can display prices appropriate to each member state. You see, modern printing processes allow you to easily and cheaply print many things with minor changes in them, say the final price and tax amount, at very low cost.

We can do it in Europe, you can do it in the USA. You're just not trying, is all.
>>
>>7518350
>he can't do basic mathematics in his head
>he can't memorize his tax laws

Could yourself & >>7518284 maybe have a chat and get your stories straight? Either Americans do mental math all the time and it's easy, or you can't do mental math and it's too hard to understand what tax you're paying. It can't be both.
>>
>>7518367
We pride ourselves on being different. This entire country was formed for exactly that reason: we don't like how you guys do things over there
>>
>>7518373

> i swear the tax is on the receipt in yuropoorland

lel no
>>
>>7518374
Is that why your country refuses to use metric or quantifiably useful units of measurement you Yankee chucklefuck?
>>
>>7518367
>display prices appropriate to each member state

It's not just by state, anon. In many places it's by county, or even smaller divisions.

For example, I used to live in Texas. In Texas the sales tax consists of that set by the state (6.25%), plus whatever the local sales tax happens to be. And that varies a lot.

Where I first lived was south of Houston in a city called Kemah. There the sales tax was 7% total. When I moved further north to go to college (But still in Texas) the sales tax in my new city was 8.25%. It's literally different for every city in the state.

Here's the official chart from the state gov's tax office:
http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/local/city.html
>>
>>7518376
It is, but why would the tax need to be printed anyway? Europeans are educated and can do math. We can calculate the tax we paid.
>>
File: IMG_116787010464159.jpg (21 KB, 236x301) Image search: [Google]
IMG_116787010464159.jpg
21 KB, 236x301
>>7518378

> only country that does not use the metricmeme has put a man on the moon
>>
>>7518382

they hide it because a well informed populace would not allow themselves to be cucked
>>
>>7518378
>its litterelly yous'less bacause i doant liek it!!

Why is every european too mentally handicapped to be able to do basic conversion in their head, like every reasonably intelligent person in the US can?
>>
>>7518378
Exactly why. They announced back in the 80's we would switch and Americans refused and the plan failed. We all know the metric system, it's used for scientific purposes.

We also use fahrenheit instead of Celsius. But due to having smaller units makes it more accurate.
>>
>>7518389
>Have to do some simple math
>It's hidden

So let's get this straight: not displaying the final price and requiring the customer to do mental math to apply the sales tax is a clear and transparent system, but requiring the customer to do mental math to extract the sales tax is hidden and opaque?
>>
>>7518381
You're proving the anon's point. How the fuck are you supposed to carry exact change or bills around when the shop down the road has a different sales tax?
>>
>>7518398

yes, hiding the tax, like what is done in yuropoorland, is not transparent. there is a price, and then the fee the government charges. yurocucks do not see the government fee.
>>
>2016
>not having electronic shelf labels
>>
>>7518393
>We also use fahrenheit instead of Celsius. But due to having smaller units makes it more accurate.
But extra accuracy is worthless you retard, it's literally impossible to feel a 1 degree difference so you shouldn't use that garbage
>>
>>7518404

like frames per second over 30 are not observable?
>>
>>7518400
We have more powerful local government than Europe. Those local governments need their share of taxes to operate. Which is determined by the people that live there.

So it's literally the cost of having freedom.
>>
>>7518408
DUDE YOUR EYES LITERALLY CANNOT SEE FASTER THAN 24FPS
>>
>>7518408
Exactly! Most of these retards are so caught up in the high framerate meme they ignore the fact that even movies display a higher framerate than we can see.
>>
File: Bart05_simpsons[2].jpg (36 KB, 576x379) Image search: [Google]
Bart05_simpsons[2].jpg
36 KB, 576x379
>>7518414
>>7518416
....this is troleing, right?
>>
>>7518401
>there is a price, and then the fee the government charges.

Which anyone who has completed kindergarten can calculate easily. Now I appreciate that isn't true in the USA, where even a bachelor's degree is no longer considered sufficient education to be allowed to do complex jobs such as making coffee, but it's just normal and expected in the 1st world.

Nothing is "hidden" because it's right there. It's just math.

>yurocucks do not see the government fee.

...but we do anon. We can glance at the total and think "The tax is €0.20", because we apply our brains and use math.

I appreciate this might appear to be some sort of superhuman Rainman level of brainpower, but trust me, anyone can do it. Even small children. Possibly even yourself.
>>
>>7518421

so you agree they hide the fee? i love cucking you yuropoors
>>
>>7518420
Shut the fuck up, stop falling for the fps meme and trying to silence me you fucking shill.
>>
>>7518421
>europe adds the tax to make it easier
>but they're the ones who can do math
>>
>>7518424
>so you agree they hide the fee?
>>7518421
>Nothing is "hidden" because it's right there.

No, apparently I do not.
>>
>>7518430

> it is not hidden
> they just hide it

lel, you've been cucked so hard
>>
>>7518429
>make it easier

While it's certainly easier than the near-anarchy >>7518381 describes, that's merely a side-effect of the clearer and more mature tax systems in Europe. It isn't done to be "easy", it's done because it's clear, transparent and fair.
>>
>>7518434

> hiding taxes is mature

lol that is babby-tier taxation
>>
>>7518213
>TFW food isn't taxed in my state
Feelsgoodman
>>
>>7518432
>they just hide it

But where did I say it's hidden? It's right there.

I can appreciate that math is a complex system of mystery for you but I'd expect you to at least be capable of basic reading comprehension, although your constant incorrect usage of the word "cuck" does indicate that you struggle with that too.
>>
>>7518439
Shut up ameritard, you literally wouldn't understand why our way is better, your just too retarded.
>>
>>7518439
>hiding

Nothing is hidden anon.

Perhaps the problem is I'm assuming a certain level of education you don't posses? Let's try to establish a baseline:

Here is the number 10. There are 2 number 5's in the number 10. Can you find them?
>>
>>7518442
It's hidden because it's not there. The fact you did math is moot. You had to do math to discover it. It's hidden.

Our receipts say our tax. Which wed also have to do math to know what price to pay beforehand. God you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>7518448
>>7518445

> its not hidden
> they just literally hide it

are you retarded?
>>
>>7518453
>You had to do math to discover it. It's hidden.

No.
>>
>>7518456
It's not hidden.

It's listed on the receipt.
>>
>>7518453
>It's hidden because it's not there.

...but it is there? You do math.

>You had to do math to discover it.

So when you do math to establish the final price, do you "discover" what something actually costs? No, of course not. You simply use mental arithmetic to find one number from two others. The process is identical, just starting from different products of the same formula.
>>
>>7518461

it says the tax? how is that different?
>>
>>7518458
>>7518462

The poster boys for being wrong and ignorant.

It's hidden even by your own definitions. Then you say it's not.
>>
>>7518464
>how is that different?

Because the price displayed on the shelf or menu etc. is the final price, inclusive of tax. The receipt then lists the total price inclusive of tax, the total tax paid and the total price exclusive of tax.

This different from the USA where the price on the shelf or menu etc. is displayed exclusive of tax, and you have to calculate the running total and tax yourself or wait until you arrive at the till for the tax to be calculated for you, and then the receipt lists the total price exclusive of tax, the total tax paid and the total price inclusive of tax.
>>
>>7518471
>It's hidden even by your own definitions

No anon, that's your definition, because you find mental arithmetic difficult. Perhaps you suffer from dyscalculia?
>>
File: 1in68-autism-infographic[1].jpg (785 KB, 2544x2736) Image search: [Google]
1in68-autism-infographic[1].jpg
785 KB, 2544x2736
>>
>>7518486
We really need to stop the pharmaceutical companies and their autism-causing vaccines, it's literally destroying us.
>>
>>7518400
>How the fuck are you supposed to carry exact change or bills around when the shop down the road has a different sales tax?

1) If you have to plan your purchase down to the last penny then your broke ass needs to stop spending money.

2) What I always did was simply assume that tax was 10%. That's erring on the safe side, and the math is super easy in your head.
>>
>>7518245
>>7518261
Call the local corporate office and bitch. They'll probably send you some free coupons. The manager will get his ass chewed out.
Very likely the price was put into the computer wrong, so they'll just change the sign so it reads 2 for $3.50 since the store workers can't change the computers themselves.
>>
>>7518520
I should note this happened to me at Taco Bell, a menu item rang up at the wrong price so they came out with a roll of stickers and changed the menu price right in front of me. It was 6 AM and I was the only one there.
>>
>>7518524
>Taco Bell
>at 6am

Rethink your life.
>>
>>7518532
you seem fun
>>
>>7518532
Maybe he's a surgeon who was returning home after a 36 hour shift in the operating theater where he performed a heart & lung transplant on a 4 year old child?
>>
>>7518532
this
>>
>$5 foot long
>actually $8

fuck you subway lying niggers
>>
>>7518532
Babby's never had a night job.
>>
Living in USA sounds like a nightmare.
>>
What is going on in here? Fucking idiots arguing about tax. Go to school children.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-29-11-57-52.png (110 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-29-11-57-52.png
110 KB, 480x854
>>
>>7518582
>my wifes son

lmao
>>
>>7518341
>down to your last 5-10 bucks

What? Do yuros really walk around so poor?
>>
>>7518274
>>
>>7518582
Can't the employees see that tax is added after the $3.50?
>>
>>7518582

>I had my wife's son go in

Lost
>>
>>7518677
his stepson you idiots
>>
>>7518361
>when you travel to another state
I'm going to rephrase this question in one that's much more accurate to the point you're attempting to make.
>So you read up on tax laws when you travel to another country?
People very, very rarely travel outside their own state anon. Remember, New York CITY has a bigger population by itself than several of your europoor countries. States are massive, especially when you cross the Appalachians. It would take me roughly five hours of driving on the highway just to cross a state border.
>>
>>7518213
>2016
>First world country
>Not including all taxes in the price
Pick two

Seriously what backwards ass country doesn't give list items with the price you actually pay!
>>
>>7518274
10/10
>>
>>7518713
Items without the sales tax added appear to be cheaper. That, and it's not that hard to add the tax in your head. My math sucks, and even I can mentally tally the tax.
>>
>>7518393
>We also use fahrenheit instead of Celsius. But due to having smaller units makes it more accurate.
>having smaller units makes it more accurate.
>more accurate

Really nigger
>>
>>7518754
>autism
>>
>>7518424
Its not hidden, we are all aware of the tax.
Not that it matters anyway.
If you want the product, you pay for it.
When the fuck have you ever gone "I'm not buying that because I don't want the government getting MY money".
Fucking never you silly cunt.
Fuck off
>>
>>7518713

Canada doesn't...and tha's because there's different tax rates in every province...

However, none of this is rocket doctory...it's quite simple to do a rough calculation to find out how much something will cost...

For example...I live in Ontario, our HST rate is 13%...so when doing a rough calc as I make shit up...I calculcate everything at 15%, and only for every $10...So, if something is $134.99, 15% of 100 is 15, 15% of 10 is 1.5(x3)...brings me to approximately 19.50 tax on $134.99...so now I know I need at least $155 to purchase the item...

Now don't get me started on the eco fees, and the tax on them...
>>
>>7518754
Yes, autismo, having more points in a range increases accuracy.
>>
>>7518361
*interacting with local or sales clerk*
>say, what is the sales tax here?
>it's 6%
>okay, thanks.

*walking back out to car thinking to self*
>6% huh? that's 1% less than the state I just drove through
>I'll make a note of that
>>
>>7518777
No.
If you were that concerned about "Mah accuracy" you'd use a decimal over an integer.
>>
>>7518777

Increases precision, not accuracy. They are two different things.
>>
>>7518801
Why?
Why would you say "six point one one degrees" instead of "forty-three degrees"

It's unnecessary convolution for just talking about the weather.
>>
>>7518823
>Why?

Because decimals can go further than that. You could say six point one three five two degrees.

>>It's unnecessary convolution for just talking about the weather.

Agreed.
>>
>>7518831
>Agreed.
So you agree that fahrenheit is a good system for weather and how temperature feels, and that celsius is good for mechanical and scientific applications?

Good.
>>
>>7518853
>So you agree that fahrenheit is a good system for weather and how temperature feels, and that celsius is good for mechanical and scientific applications?

No, they're equally good for discussing the weather or cooking temperatures. It happens to be true that Fahrenheit has greater precision than Celsius (assuming we're talking about integers), but in the case of normal conversation that difference is negligible and thus irrelevant. Science uses absolute scales, such as Kelvin.

The only point I'm making is that decimals are capable of higher precision than integers (though I will fully admit that's being pedantic and isn't relevant to discussing cooking or the weather)
>>
>>7518907
This
Also, Fuck you buddy
(you ain't my buddy)
>>
>>7518367
>We can do it in Europe

That's not a country. What country are you actually from?
>>
File: 1410485305561.jpg (38 KB, 444x226) Image search: [Google]
1410485305561.jpg
38 KB, 444x226
>>7518274
Nationwars threads in a nutshell.
>>
>>7518532
>lololol fucking wagecuck
>neet master race, fucking epig xD
I go to work in the morning.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7518274
FRANCE BTFO
>>
>>7518907
As an American, I can never understand Europeans' desire for people to know less and not use temperature scales other than their own.
>>
File: celsius.png (12 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
celsius.png
12 KB, 283x178
>>7518948
>Europeans' desire for people to know less and not use temperature scales other than their own.
Retard.
>>
>>7518233
>advocating VAT

You fuck right off friendo
>>
>>7518237
came here to post what amounts to this
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.