[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here had success with one pot pasta, or is it a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: DSC7323.jpg (509 KB, 1976x1520) Image search: [Google]
DSC7323.jpg
509 KB, 1976x1520
Anyone here had success with one pot pasta, or is it a meme?

Links to good recipes appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 640x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 640x874
I make this all the time. I lost the damn link but did a screen shot of the recipe ( I was out buying ingredients and needed it) anyway, this is good. I've made it about 5 times. Makes a lot of good and reheats well.
1/3
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 640x633
>>7518212

2/3
>>
>>7518200

Why? I takes you 30 seconds to drain pasta then add it to a sauce.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x647
>>7518214

3/3
>>
>>7518218
Thx, i'll definitly try this.

>>7518215
Why not?
>>
File: stroganoff.png (317 KB, 607x629) Image search: [Google]
stroganoff.png
317 KB, 607x629
>>7518200
I make this often. It's not traditional stroganoff, but it is really tasty.

I do use baby bella mushrooms instead and throw in my favorite herb combination with the meat (sage, rosemary, thyme)
>>
>>7518215
But the starch from the pasta thickens the sauce and the pasta will absorb flavor. Who would not want this beautiful give and take?
>>
>>7518242
You can do that anyway without hard boiling everything. Sweat aromatics, saute meat, mushrooms and veggies, simmer sauce and mix together with starch water.
>>
>>7518317
1) Who said anything about hard boiling? Where did that come from?

2) The point is that the pasta cooks in the same container as the veg, meat, etc. That way when the pasta absorbs moisture as it cooks it's not absorbing just water (like when you boil pasta in a pot separately), instead it absorbs flavors from the veg and meat. Once the pasta has been cooked it's already done absorbing what it can.
>>
Italianpata or "Italian stew", a very falsely-advertised one-pot pasta stew from Finland. A regular home-cooking and cafeteria entree popularized by simple stew pouches that contained spices, herbs, powdered tomato, pasta and dehydrated vegetables, which would then be mixed with sauteed ground beef and water, to produce a meal for 4-6 people within 30 minutes. Lives on as a dish of its own in home-cooking, consisting of tomato, peas, bell pepper, onion, ground pork and beef, occasionally corn, carrots or celery, paprika, cayenne, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and pasta.

It's filling, but garbage. Soggy spag and a general single-flavour mess. Has clones in form of "mexican stew", "hawaiian stew", "spanish stew", "turkish stew" et cetera.
>>
File: italianpata.jpg (316 KB, 1600x1342) Image search: [Google]
italianpata.jpg
316 KB, 1600x1342
>>7518407
Oh, forgot the picture. A mess.
>>
why.... Not being able to sautee veg perfectly.... not being able to drain excess meat fat... making that finnish disgusting mess above instead?

fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkk
>>
>>7518355
The vegetables will get soft. The meat might get tough with high temp required for the pasta to soften.

I like cooking sliced chicken breast or left over roast chicken on a low simmer in my tomato sauce (or even tomato soup) then adding the mostly cooked pasta with some of the water to the sauce. Then I'll add vegetables and mushrooms and aromatics. Works erry time.
>>
>>7518242
Yeah but everything gets way too thick. Almost mushy. The only time I tried a one pot pasta dish it came out slimey. I'll just stick to draining the pasta first.
>>
Its no gourmet meal, the veg is basically boiled and not sautéed like it could be, but some recipes are pretty darn good if you're feeling apathetic in the evenings.

I like these guys, cause they take a real precise, almost scientific approach to their recipes. This is the 3rd of their one pot pastas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69AKUAEqOY
>>
File: Helper.jpg (50 KB, 428x242) Image search: [Google]
Helper.jpg
50 KB, 428x242
isn't this stuff like hamburger helper?
>>
>>7518212

>chicken and smoked sausage
well, alright
>garlic, onion, peppers and mushroom
again, not inherently bad but what flavour are you going for
>linguine pasta
alright
>heavy cream with cajun seasoning and cheese

I can't imagine this being anything but a huge mess with too much going on to discern flavours
>>
>>7518200
Every time I've tried this the pasta ends up gummy as fuck.
>>
>>7518200
http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/04/one-pot-sausage-mushroom-pasta/

its good
>serves 8
more like 2
>>
>>7518231
It's good
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.