[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on pickles on burgers? always seemed nasty to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10
File: shake-shack.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
shake-shack.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
Thoughts on pickles on burgers? always seemed nasty to me.
>>
Non pickler here. I usually go cheese lettuce tomato onion.
>>
>>7517789
if a burger were a symphony a pickle is the trombone. you never need it. sometimes it accents the other flavors. it's brash and noticeable.
>>
>>7517789
>no pickles on burgers
to each his own
>>
I like them
helps if you go someplace that actually has decent pickles
>>
>>7517796
Wow, retarded at food *and* music, what a talented young man you are!
>>
Hello Chris-chan.
>>
>>7517789

I'm strange. I love pickle spears, whole pickles, and relish, but I fucking loathe pickles on my burger or pickle chips in general.
>>
File: thgame.jpg (90 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
thgame.jpg
90 KB, 640x434
pickles on the side
>>
I always get extra
>>
>>7517789
PIckles on burgers are disgusting. I always taste it immediately and always regret not reading the menu close enough to notice they are included.

But for some strange reason the one time a year I goto McDonald's the Quarter pounder taste weird and incomplete if it doesn't have pickles. I think its the lack of tomato providing some water content, but a McD burger is the only time I can eat pickles on a burger
>>
>>7517841
pickles on the side is the only correct answer
>>
I really don't understand all the pickle hate on this board.

Are you afraid of phallic food or what?
>>
>>7517952
They were spoilt as children so their palate never developed. They can't stand the sharp taste.
>ew ew yucky vinegar! mummy where my teddies I WANT MY TENDIES!!!!
>>
>>7517789
I'll be honest with you OP, when I order a burger these days I order it as is....

I used to always get no pickle, but seeing how much people love pickles on burgers I've made it a habbit to try and understand why

I still don't, I don't think it's good but I eat it anyway in hopes that one day I'll understand why pickles are included on burgers mostly by default
>>
i have a thing for everything sour. i can't eat a burger with no pickles
>>
>>7517789
depends on the burger but when i make my own "basic" burgers, i always have pickles,tomato,lettuce,onion. cheese and bacon are optional.
pickles usually don't go in "special" burgers.

tl;dr sometimes they work, sometimes they don't
>>
pickles ruin everything they touch.
>>
If it's a fast food burger I usually get extra pickles, but otherwise I prefer them on the side.
>>
None pls
>>
Mcdonald's has the best pickle burgers. Try to name something better.
>>
File: 1293770178324.jpg (10 KB, 268x262) Image search: [Google]
1293770178324.jpg
10 KB, 268x262
>mfw an australian puts beetroot in his burger
>>
I used to hate pickles in burgers, but then I started smoking.
>>
Lettuce is the bigger offender to me.
It literally offers nothing to anything ever. Pickle at least has flavor and helps cut through the smothering greasiness of meat, mayo, and cheese.
>>
>>7517789
Extra pickle, it gives a nice needed crunch and nicely deviates from the other flavors.
Too bad they are soft and mushy in a lot of fast food burgers
>>
>>7517841
I wouldn't eat that shit in the bowl, and I'd toss those pickles. But that chicken looks tasty.

As for a burger I never ask for pickles, but if it comes with it I also never ask for them to be removed. I also like Chic Filet spicy chicken sandwiches but wish they didn't put pickles on it, it's even weirder than a burger pickle.
>>
>>7518102
and pineapple, cunt
>>
>>7518131
Lettuce is there for texture. It also can stop sauces from soaking into the bun.
>>
File: STRAYA_MATE.png (112 KB, 303x308) Image search: [Google]
STRAYA_MATE.png
112 KB, 303x308
>>7518102
>mfw ppl think egg on burger is abomination
>>
>>7518102
Uhuh m80? Is this real? Strayans really do this?
>>
I'm fine with a few pickles on mine, but prefer a spear on the side.

However, I don't understand avacado, and I cannot tolerate tomato. Tomato is fine in just about any dish if cooked with it, but a big slice of raw tomato is like eating jellied afterbirth as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>7517789
I don't really have a problem with it but I would rather have pickles on the side when I'm eating a burger.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2288
>>7518712

Yes as a 'Murican on my first experienced this at "Hungry Jacks" which is the Aussie brand of Burger King. I spied a burger which I though was s Whopper with Canadian bacon. Surprise! Butters! Pickled Beet root slice
>>
>>7518744
They actually call breakfast brekky?

I thought that was just internet slang.
>>
>>7518744
>pickled fucking beet root
str8 haram dude. Pls tell me they serve kangaroo burgers at least.
>>
>>7517789
pickles are pretty awesome if you ask me
>>
>>7518203
I put an over easy egg on my bacon cheeseburger.
It was good, but reminded me of breakfast too much.
would never put scrambled on it
>>
>>7517796

but trombones are GOAT, anon (just like pickles)
>>
Love a pickle on the side. Overpowering on the burger.
>>
File: 1400976871709.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1400976871709.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>7518744
>HUNGRY JACK'S
>DO NOT ENTER
>>
I think something sour is very important for the entire effect, so yes I like them. It wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
everything that is between 2 slices of bread can be improved by adding pickles.
>>
Yeah, I'd rather do without pickles. But if it comes with the default sandwich, I leave them there. They work in McDonald's Cheeseburgers...

But that time where I accidently ended up with pickles in my sandwiches at Subway, it was awful. Picked them out
>>
I love onions, but dice them or keep them off my sandwich. When cut like in OP's picture they slide all over the place and always start uncurling out the side of the sandwich after the first bite.

Oh and pickles are fucking nasty.
>>
I get them sometimes, I like to try everything. Fried onions and jallapanos are my goto though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNNWTrvGoA
>>
is this really thread-worthy?

talking about pickles on burgers?

are you ok, bro?
>>
>>7519173
>food & cooking
seems like as good a place as any to discuss the merits of the pickled cucumber
>>
I never go out of my way to put them on but if someone serves me a burger with them I would remember how much I like them on burgers and when I am making my own burger not too long after I still don't bother because I forget.
>>
File: 1440733511329.jpg (60 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1440733511329.jpg
60 KB, 512x384
>>7519173

>is this really thread-worthy?

>talking about pickles on burgers?

>are you ok, bro?
Are you fucking kidding me famalam.

What board are we on again?
>>
>>7517789

Pickles are great on the Big Mac. Don't care for them on any other burger. I suppose the tart/sourness balances the sweetness of the mac sauce IMHO..
>>
>>7518131
The feelings mutual
>>
>>7518131
This. lettuce is pointless on burgers and other sandwiches. I suppose it provides crunch, but that's too minor a consideration when it doesn't provide flavor.

Same with BLT--just make a BT. It'll taste the same without some childish "crunch!" garbage added to it.
>>
>>7519749
I love lettuce in sandwiches. It's not about crunch, it's about putting in something mild to contrast the strong flavors.

I can't stand a meal where either vegetables or meat are missing. There has to be a good deal of both.
>>
I only have pickles if I decide to use lemon cheese.
>>
Steak n Shake pickles on burgers are awful. But I like them on everything else. Dill is the shit.
>>
ITT: man children

>I told you pickles are yucky, mom, TAKE IT BACK
>>
Sweet pickles are the only acceptable kind.
>>
>shit
pickles on burger
>GOD TIER
pickles on chicken sandwich
>>
Pickles are a necessity on burgers. They give that acid balance to it that it needs and taste great with the meat and the other vegetables. Burgers should always have pickles, onions, lettuce, and tomatos. And preferably mustard on the bottom bun, and mayonnaise on the top bun (or all mustard).
>>
>>7519925
>no cheese
a shit
>>
>>7519923
I hate you.
>>
>>7518203
>implying a sunny-side up egg on a fully loaded burger that explodes with flavor and gooey messiness is anything less than the single most amazing 'litte thing in life' the world has ever had

people who think eggs on burgers is bad are faggots.
>>
>>7518050
But vinegar is literal garbage on so many dishes.
>>
I don't like it. There are much better alternatives to maintain taste balance. Creamy onion sauce (with some herbs maybe, it depends on what meat you use) or a few drops of lemon juice on a leaf of salad... You have the whole universe of alternatives. But one should always remember, that meat taste should always prevail. Burgers are about MEAT, not dressings =)
>>
>>7519982
>=)
you know how much of an asshole that smilie face makes you look?
>>
i usually take the pickles off and put them on my fries, then eat them whenever i feel like it.
it's too overpowering on a burger.
>>
>>7520102
Nope. But thanks for notice though.
>>
>>7517796
Trombonists btfo

Would that make percussion the bot bun, tuba top bun, trumpets the meat and so on?
>>
>>7519982
>taste balance
Don't buy into the memes, friend.
>>
>>7519981
Totally agree. Mayonnaise is victum #1 BTW.
>>
>>7519930
That's not a hamburger, shitlord, it's a CHEESEBURGER.
Get it right, fuckface.
>>
>>7520159
Excuse me? All I mean is that if there are more than one taste or smell important for a dish - you shouldn't let one just kill another. Did it sound silly or snobby?
>>
>>7520171
>getting triggered over cheeseburgers
>not eating cheeseburgers
double shit
>>
>>7517789
they're horrible, I really wish I knew what they tasted like to people who like them, because to me it's the only thing I can taste when I take a bite out of a burger with them in it. They're rancid, rotten, pungent, vinegar cucumbers
>>
>>7518131
>>7519749
>can't taste lettuce
>>
>>7520895
So you don't like vinegar?
>>
>>7520930
nah, vinegar and cucumbers have their place for sure, but pickles don't belong anywhere but by themselves
>>
>>7517789
I typically hate pickles, but they're acceptable in burgers as long as they're thin and there isn't that much of them. It gives it a very stereotypical fast food taste which I like if I'm in the right mood.

Pickles in anything else or by themselves, though, I find repulsive. Don't know why.
>>
File: 1455790575292.jpg (67 KB, 479x362) Image search: [Google]
1455790575292.jpg
67 KB, 479x362
Pickles are delicious familia
>>
Dont want to start the 94th burger thread for this
Do you make homemade sauce for your burgers? Any recipes? Usually i make my own mayo that i blend with bacon bits, worcester, a little bbq sauce and a whole load of salt. Tastes similar to the big tasty bacon from mcds but im looking for something ketchup/bbq like or honey based, maybe even fruity
>>
>>7519941
>>implying a sunny-side up egg on a fully loaded burger that explodes with flavor and gooey messiness is anything less than the single most amazing 'litte thing in life' the world has ever had
agreed
>>
>>7521003
Die, animu faggot.
>>
>>7521152
>being triggered by chinese cartoons
>browsing 4chan
>>
>>
>>7517789
I think Wendy's has the best pickles for burgers. I bought a whole jar of them from a Wendy's for 45 dollars last year, shit was gud
>>
>>7521235
theyre the worst
too thick and underpickled. basically like eating cucumber (i dont like cucumber but i kinda like sour tangy pickles)
>>
>>7521248
How can you not like cucumbers? They barely taste like anything at all.
>>
>>7521257
Absolutely horrific aftertaste.
It's like ever cucumber I eat, I have to question whether or not it was actually rotten
>>
>>7521235
you bought a jar of pickles for 45 dollars? how many liters are we talking here?
>>
>>7518199
>sauces from soaking into the bun.
MUH UNSOGGY BUN
Yeah, I'm sure lettuce does a great job keeping the bun being saturated with burger juice when situated above the meat. If you don't want the top bun losing cohesion to your offensive ketchup bukkake apply butter or mayo instead of shitty lettuce.
>>
>>7521479
Look man, I know you're fat and you can't stand green stuff. But there is literally nothing wrong with lettuce on a burger. When you're biting down on a thick, fatty wedge of meat, topped with cheese and sauce and surrounded by bread, it's nice to have that cold little delicate crunch with a burst of moisture which refreshes every bite. It might not be for you if it gets in the way of your gluttony, but the consensus is that it helps.
>>
Sometimes I'll put spicy sweet pickles on my burgers just to mix it up. I think they are called wickles or some shit
>>
Speaking of burgers are Culvers' burgers good?
>>
>>7517800
>helps if you go someplace that actually has decent pickles

This for me.

Most lower-tier places have shit pickles, it all depends where I'm going.
>>
>>7521301

>absolutely horrific aftertaste

That's like not drinking because hangovers exist.
>>
>>7522852
yes they are
>>
>>7522875
I don't know what he's talking about. I've never had an aftertaste, and I've never heard of anyone saying they get it either. It's possible he's talking about the bitter taste they get when they are at once both not properly watered while growing and not properly peeled before eating, but it doesn't seem like it.
>>
>>7519981
Not with fries
>>
>>7522852
Yessssssss
>>
pickles on burgers are pretty good adds to the depth of flavor.
>>
>>7519767
>I can't stand a meal where either vegetables or meat are missing. There has to be a good deal of both.

That's why you make a vegetable side. Plus lettuce on a sandwich is not a "good deal" of anything, and provides no nutrition.
>>
>>7523501
m8 its a burger, i dont think anyone cares about nutrition
>>
>>7518060
>when I order a burger these days I order it as is....

Pretty much that.
>>
>>7518184
pinapple and teriyaki sauce burger is pretty good desu
>>7518203
Here in the diabetes belt, i had a local thing called the Wisconsin burger. 1/2 lb patty, a whole bratwurst sliced in half, sauerkraut, and an egg on top along with all the usual burger toppings. Shit was cash but that was the worst heartburn i ever felt in my life.
>>
>>7518050
> kek
>>
bread and butter only

dill is dogshit
>>
>>7518071
Very true, it depends on the quality of the pickles and the application to different flavors. Not all burgers are created equally.
>>
>>7519178
Here, here!
>>
>>7517789
I preffer them in my subs, since the heat of the burgers makes them taste rather bad, a good pickle is a cool pickle.
>>
File: 1403072552945.png (19 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1403072552945.png
19 KB, 510x546
>>7524048
>>
pickles act basically as a substitute to sauce in their role in the burger. the acid helps cut through the fat of the burger and compliments the meat. you dont NEED to have pickles, but i enjoy them. in addition to being the acid, they also give a nice crunch which adds a new texture when you chew.
>>
>>7524327
pickles go great with mustard though
>>
>>7524341
thats cuz mustard isnt sour compared to bbq/ketchup/relish/etc.
>>
>>7519982
You're a massive faggot
>>
>>7522852
They are pretty good, nothing outstanding though.
>>
>>7524048
Dill is the only acceptable pickle
I even buy dill relish
>>
>>7517789
I love pickles, but not on a hamburger. They're okay on a different sandwich, like a cold turkey one, but not on a hot burger.
>>
I think the presence of pickles is determined by the other condiments on the burger/cheeseburger. For me, pickles are only acceptable where mustard or BBQ is used. Mayo and pickles just don't belong together by my tastes.
>>
the presence of the pickle is the ESSENCE of the $1 mcdonald's cheeseburger
>>
Pickles are great on almost anything
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.