[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on bologna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: baloney.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
baloney.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
Redpill me on bologna
>>
Redpill me on what huge faggot you are.
>>
File: bologna secret.jpg (51 KB, 736x517) Image search: [Google]
bologna secret.jpg
51 KB, 736x517
>>
>>7517687
But seriously.....
It's just a processed luncheon meat made from either a pork/chicken mix OR all beef parts. It tastes perfectly palatable, but the texture is much like an overly processed, thinly sliced sausage. It's pretty good when fried in a skillet and put on a sandwich or on a homemade version of an mcmuffin.
>>
>>7517680
Counter intuitively to other cold cuts, the thicker the slice, the better it tastes. I estimate a 3/4" to 1" slice is the best tasting.

Bologna is best when cooked, also. Especially when grilled over charcoal. There are some bbq restaurants that actually smoke their bologna and serve it with bbq sauce.

Generally any bologna you get pre sliced in a package (like OP's pic) is garbage. A good deli counter might have good bologna, otherwise look for smokehouses that sell online. If you can find what's called ring bologna (because it's in a ring sort of like a smoked sausage), that's the real good stuff.
>>
>>7517693
>or on a homemade version of an mcmuffin.

Why would you not just use ham, sausage, or bacon? These aren't particularly rare or expensive items
>>
>>7517702
Did you really type all that shit for some obvious bait? You might be a bigger faggot that OP.
>>
it's made of ground bones, cartilages, organs of unknown animals, melted in chemicals. Decide for yourself if you want to eat it
>>
>>7517680
It's pretty good but unless you are in Italy I guess you won't find anything really similar in taste to the actual Mortadella. Avoid the one in the pic and the similar others because they're made mostly of leftovers coming from the food factories and plus they're addictioned with tons of chems. Try to go in a place you know for being genuine and ask for fresh sliced Bologna. You won't be disappointed
>>
>>7517846
>chemicals are good
enjoy your cancer
>>
Mortadella is better obviously
>>
beautiful city in italy. it is the capital of the emilia-romagna region. emilia-romagna is famous for its delicious food.
>>
>>7517821
I am from Italy and live in Memerica. I can find proper mortadella fairly easily here. Do you live in one of those 'flyover' places I hear so much about here? The ones where 80% of the diet is frozen pizza, instant ramen and dishes containing "1 can of cream of X soup" as an ingredient?

The only things from Italy that I can't find here easily are proper mozzarella, river peppers and cultured cream.
>>
>>7517865
>le cemichals r litterelley bad!

Literally everything you eat is a chemical, autismo prime.
>>
>>7518057
>literally

>unironically using memewords

opinion discarded
>>
If you say so

https://youtu.be/Frud5RFtTi0?t=40s
>>
>>7517680
It's a class 1 carcinogen. It's confirmed to cause cancer, very similar to this post.
>>
>>7518045
Google has no idea what river peppers are, but cultured cream is going to be either sour cream or creme fraiche.
>>
>>7517680
It's hotdog meat
>>
>>7518065
Nice argument, shitbreath. How does it feel knowing you lose?
>>
>>7518516
Who believes in this propaganda?
>>
Slice of hotdog
>>
>>7517711
Because we're talking about bologna dickboy
>>
>>7517702
Good call

>>7517798
>things I don't agree with are bait
What a little cunt you are.
>>
obvious nig-tier meat. feed it to the dogs.
>>
>>7518045
>>7517821

you can get decent mortadella pretty much anywhere in europe, too. it's not that rare of an item.

good bufallo mozarella on the other hand..
>>
American bologna, at least, is just a rounded shape hot dog, they probably use the exact same pink slime mix.
>>
Why can't Americans pronounce foreign words?

Is the Italian city of Bologna also called Balony in American?
>>
>>7518515
>cultured cream is sour cream or creme fraiche
Not really. It's not quite either. In Italian, we call it what would translate as 'cooking cream.' It's a thickened sweet cream and not the slight bit tangy, unlike sour cream and creme fraiche. The closest, though not identical, I can get in the states with regularity is Mexican cream, either whole or medium ('entera' and 'media,' respectively), pic related.

The closest I can find for river peppers are shishito peppers or Korean sweet peppers, though they're not quite right. The peppers are a regional thing. The rest of Italy doesn't eat them. There are similar peppers outside of where I'm from, but they tend to be larger, with thinner skin and don't taste the same (ours are bitter, the others are sweet). Looking up the name in either Italian or our local language turns up only around 50 google hits total between them.
>>
>>7517711

wt yes they are

bologna like in OP's pic might run you like 80 cents per package
>>
>>7519037
It isn't.
>>
>>7517680
There was no actual difference between the red and blue pill.
>>
>>7518516
>being a hairdresser
What?
>>
>>7519829
t. cuck boy
>>
Redpill me on redpills /ck/
>>
>>7518045
hey fuck you I live in vancouver and I love my curry can of mushroom soup porkchops
>>
>>7521610
That's all well and good but does it, instant ramen and frozen pizza make up 80% of your diet? If not, then the comment wasn't about you.

See, I eat instant ramen, but it hardly makes a dent in my regular diet. It's an occasional food, something to eat when I'm just not in the mood to cook or want something hot, soupy and salty.
And while I've never used a can of cream of X in anything I cook, those who do so regularly are in nearly all cases Sandra-Lee-tier shit cooks.

I've never had a frozen pizza, though I do like deli pizzas. You know? The bake-at-home stuff from the fridge section of the supermarket? That can be pretty good. If I were to try a frozen brand, what would you recommend?

>>7519037
Most Americans never need to. We Europeans tend to be multilingual out of necessity and Americans tend not to be due to lack of necessity. It's that simple and not really anything to be proud of.
>>
>>7518687
you're a stupid person
>>
>>7522360
tombstone or red baron are top tier frozen pizzas. i kinda like the taste of frozen pizza, its a bit diff than reg
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.