[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice - /fit/ staple foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1459210556608.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459210556608.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
Posted on /fit/ but didn't any replies

Could you guys tell me if I should add anything to this list:

Dairy:
>milk
>cottage cheese
>greek yogurt
>whey protein

Meat/alternatives:
>w/e meat that's nearing expiry date is 50% off
>canned fish
>eggs
>penut butter
>nuts

Fruits veggies:
>seasonal stuff/other basic shit
>various types of potatoes
>frozen fruits
>dried fruits

Grain:
>whole wheat bread/pita
>brown rice
>pasta
>oats

Also I'm moving in to my uncle's house next month and he has a Costco membership, so I'll buy in bulk. One of my cousins works at a grocery store so I can get 10% off.

I have budgeted around like $230 to spend monthly, is this enough? Basic shit like milk, rice, some fruits/veggies and bread my uncle and aunt will cover. The rest is on me, including meats since they're vegetarians.

Thanks
>>
File: download.png (2 KB, 288x144) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 288x144
Also I'm in the GTA
>>
>>7517106
Garlic
Ginger
Lemons and/or limes
Seaweed if you can get it
Dark chocolate or pure cocoa powder
>>
>>7517106
Dairy: don't know about the price of stuff where you are but if the milk is cheap, just buy that and the whey protein, and learn to make ricotta (warmed milk + plus vinegar or lemon), which will be a very good substitute for yur cottage cheese and yogurt.

Meat alternatives/fruits and veggies: you're fine. Those are pretty simple and cheap options

Grain: stop hating white rice. It's cheap as fuck and fills you in no time. Avoid plain "pasta" unless you know what you are doing and you cook it al dente. If you don't know what that means, avoid pasta at all.

Also, add legumes to your diet.
>>
>>7517128
>>7517138
Thanks

Will look into the ricotta cheese, didn't even know that damn

Will make sure to buy frozem legumes n shiet
>>
>>7517206
Frozen? Does legume mean something different in Canada? Get dried beans motherfucker.
>>
>>7517106
That girl has a gorgeous face. I'm jealous.
>>
Dank memes
>>
File: 1402.png (342 KB, 490x640) Image search: [Google]
1402.png
342 KB, 490x640
>>7517106
>seasonal stuff
>I live in toronto
I don't think any of you memesters know what this means

If you live in toronto "seasonal" means you're eating fucking turnips and potatoes for 6 months out of the year

I'm exaggerating, but only a little

Do not fall for the "seasonal" meme unless you (a) live in fucking Hawai'i, (b) live in fucking Tuscany, or (c) want to hate your life. It is ok to eat blueberries in January or winter squash in July. Michael Pollan is not going to come arrest you.
>>
>>7517106
I've been eating off 30 bucks a week and have more food than ever. You can easily cut that 230 in half. I'll paste my my plans and grocery list if you want
>>
>>7518104
but seasons are real, especially concerning prices

blueberries are $2 a pound when they're in season and twice that when they aren't.
>>
>>7518427
Please post m8
>>
>>7518427
Fuck it, I've got time right now
6 Days a week
Breakfast:
3 eggs with either a banana or chobani pineapple yogurt. Totals out to be about 6 bucks a week

Lunch:
I chop up cauliflower, a bell pepper, a red onion and frozen beans and roast them on a skillet, I refrigerate whatever I don't use. What I do roast I mix with a cup of instant white rice and this is about 3 lunches a week. Costs about 7 dollars. My other 3 lunches for the week are usually a spinach salad with a quarter of a red onion and a roma tomato with italian dressing. This is about 4 dollars a week.

Dinner:
My local supermarket sells delicious crusted tilapia for 2 dollars so I buy 3 of those, and 3 zucchini that I put olive oil on and bake along with the fish. So thats another 8 dollars.
The other half of my dinners are frozen chicken breasts with a couple of baked red potatoes or roasted frozen mixed veggies. About 5 dollars

There you have it. Super cheap and easy.
>>
>>7518437
That depends on where you live
For me, in season blueberries from local farms are about $5 a pint
Imported blueberries from Chile are $3 a pint, off-season
>>
>>7517106

I've been eating for dinner non-fried eggs lately. Boiled eggs, egg drop soup, even deviled eggs which are easy to make and tasty as fuck. I'll usually have like 5 eggs for dinner, or like 2 if I'm having them in egg drop soup. Besides that the only other meal I have in the day is a 650~calorie Costco hot dog (since I work there and I love them). Is this a good way to lose weight?
>>
>>7517106
Hello Jasmine.
>>
>>7518501
Thanks

>>7518796
Doesn't matter what you eat you simply just burn more calories than you consume and you'll loose weight

But for obvious reasons you'll want a balanced diet that hit your macro targets

>>7518806
?
>>
>>7519591
The "calorie in calorie out" thing is kinda false. Although if you're eating less calories you're more likely to lose weight but if it's 2,000 calories of pizza flavored gold fish vs 2,000 calories of lean meat and veggies then you're better off with the second option
>>
>>7520075
I can hear the angry typing already
This should be fun
>>
>>7520075
Calories in calories out is scientific fact. You're not necessarily going to be healthy or look good losing weight off of gold fish, but you will lose weight. Nutrients in real food are important to feel good and healthy, but you will lose mass eating less calories than you burn.
>>
>>7520233
>hurr water is a chemical lobster is prisoner food alcohol is just fermented sugar
We know, you sperg
It's not as deep as you seem to think so shut your pie hole and let the grown ups talk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.