[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The superior mind of a radical V E G A N.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: vegans.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
vegans.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
>The superior mind of a radical V E G A N.
>>
>>7516956
Pajeet and Pablo don't count as people, so it's okay.
>>
>>7516956
>implying vegans aren't all filthy traitors and value animal lives over human lives
>>
my gf has been watching vegan videos on youtube the last week. She's trying out vegetarianism.

I'm okay with it, but my god some of the fucking people she's watching are preachy as hell. I even was a vegetarian for 7 years before I decided I wanted to change up my diet and wanted more protein from chicken.
>>
inb4 buttmad vegans
>>
>>7516956
>>7516978
Daily reminder that people complaining about vegans are, in all actuality, JUST as bad.

Stop caring so much, folks.

>not even vegan
>>
If someone wants to deprive themselves of essential nutrients that their body requires I say let em. More for me.
>>
File: 1458404106187.jpg (183 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1458404106187.jpg
183 KB, 1024x887
>>7517071
>>
>>7516977
>but my god some of the fucking people she's watching are preachy as hell
Why are you telling us? Tell her you faggot
>>
>>7517162
no
>>
>>7516956
>working on a farm is exploitation

I see you've not had kids yet.
>>
Does America import all of their vegetables? Most of the produce I buy is from australia, and it's not like NA is a tiny continent without sufficient diversity in climates to meet that demand.
>>
>>7517237

It depends on the product. Most of our apples come from Washington state. Bananas typically come from Brazil. Onions often come from Mexico. Potatoes tend to come from Idaho and Montana etc.

It depends on the time of the year for the growing season. You can get peaches year round for example but at certain times of the year they're not going to be from the US.
>>
File: 1452373576718.png (486 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
1452373576718.png
486 KB, 526x700
there's an account in Herodotus' Histories of the Greeks coming into contact with a north indian culture and both being disgusted at the other, the Greeks at the Indians because they practice cannibalism if the elderly and infirm and the Indians at the Greeks for cremating their dead.
>>
>>7517124
You can get all of your essential nutrients very easily nowadays without meat or animal products
>>
>>7517265

If you understood biochemistry in the least you would know that isn't true.
>>
>>7517293
You either can't read or are backtracking on what you're saying there, doctor.
>>
I tried to be vegetarian and I couldn't go two days without wanting some meat.
Once I realized I could barely make a sandwich without some kind of meat I just caved.
>>
>>7517237
Its worse. We hire illegals to pick them.
>>
>>7517265
How? We can't even say for certain that we've identified all essential nutrients.
>>
>>7517337
If you can't even say you've identified all essential nutrients then that basically throws any diet out the window
>>
>>7517125
Dam, I was about to post the same thing
>>
>>7517343
Any diet that necessitates absolute exclusion of particular foods, yes. They're not all like that.
>>
>>7517360
This statement is a non-sequitir to the one you made before

There could be foods we don't even know about with nutrients we don't even know about and that aren't present in our current foods

This is a stupid argument, because AGAIN, we can get all of our identified nutrients from a vegan diet nowadays
>>
>>7516956

what, giving people in developing countries opportunities for work their families might otherwise lack?

in india even poorer communities are often vegetarian by choice.
probably contributes to malnutrition and stunted growth too.
>>
Damn, I guess I should just give up food altogether then.
>>
My eating habits are plant-based for my own personal health.

The way I see it, veganism should be a health decision first, with the ethical stuff as a fringe benefit, not the other way around.
>>
>>7517125
im confused what is this image trying to say? That people who say X are just as bad/annoying as Y ARE Y? If so that's fucking retarded
>>
>>7516962
But cows and chickens do?
>>
>>7517263
atleast they didnt have desgination streets
>>
>>7517449
No, look closely
>>
>>7517530
I am, the person that is saying it is a sjw wearing a mask.

So this image is saying that people that say 'X are just as bad as Y' ARE Y?
>>
pescetarianism remains the most patrician diet
>>
>>7516956
You have no idea how shitty animal agriculture/processing is.
>>
>>7517535
You have no idea how shitty child slavery is. Or is it that you don't care? Do you know where your produce comes from?
>>
>>7516956

vegan diet would still use up less crops than an omnivorous one though, because of the amount of crops you need to feed the livestock
>>
>>7517582
Nothing I eat comes from overseas. There's a little bit of indentured labour going on here, but not much.

The production of my clothing and electronics is a much greater source of misery in the world.
>>
>>7517379
Can I talk to your wife's son?
>>
>>7517582
Com'on senpai, com'on. A shitton of the stuff you enjoy likely had child labor or exploitive practices involved. I hope this is bait because you just might be a faggot otherwise.
>>
>>7517379
Why do you insist on being so utterly oblivious? You're definitely deficient in something.
>>
>>7517582
I get cheap food, they get a job. Win-win.
>>
>>7517632
Why do you insist on willfully being a dumb fucking autist?

>>hurrrrr vegans cant enough nutrients
>Yes they can
>>hurrrrr we dont even know if we know all nutrients so this means meat is obviously the best
>this makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with your previous statement, vegans can still get all the nutrients, your claim excludes all diets, not just vegan

Fucking retard
>>
>>7517623
You can actually just go kill yourself and satisfy your parents for once in your life
>>
>>7517449
gamergate getting buttblasted that people realize they're just as faggoty as SJWs
>>
File: 1456319700944.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456319700944.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
/ck/ is pretty comfy board, even when people meeming about 'meme food' or 'beans in chili yes/no' threads. But vegan-related thread is fucking cancer, people don't even talk about vegan reciepts but juxtaposing their fragmental knowledge as a fucking facts.

Only thing I like about this threads is how funny people act when they desperately pretending to look chill.
>>
>>7517756
veganism (and the derivatives) is a culinary abomination.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.