[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What have you done lately to limit your sugar consumption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: sugar.jpg (964 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
964 KB, 1500x1000
What have you done lately to limit your sugar consumption?
>>
>>7516461
By eating more carbs.
>>
>>7516461
Eat less sugar.
>>
>>7516461
Nothing.

I CAN'T GET ANY LOWER
>>
>>7516711
All my sugar comes from produce and starch.
>>
Smoke more cigarettes
>>
Limited purchases of soda and candy to the occasional gourmet treat. It's more expensive so I try to savour it more and have less of it. I go through grapes and pears like mad though because i crave the sweetness so bad.
>>
by replacing it with sodium :/
>>
By getting so sick on Easter eggs that I never want to touch sugar ever again.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (25 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
25 KB, 816x1056
I eat foods with high nutrient densities. I only crave shit when I've been eating shit.
>>
File: Untitled-5.jpg (232 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-5.jpg
232 KB, 700x700
>>7516461
I've just stopped craving it as much for some reason. Not fat but I just feel unhealthy.

One thing I like to do is water down any juices I buy because most of them are just too sweet. 1:1 ratio barely makes a difference I flavor, there is a shit ton of sugar in juice.

I need to cut down on sweets though, people are always bringing baked goods into work.
>>
>>7516797
this

I've been heavy doses of chocolate every day since friday, with still so much left over. I think I'm gonna take a real long break from sugar soon.
>>
i consume a lot of artificial sweeteners. mostly aspartame and sucralose.
>>
>>7516461
i only drink water or milk with a small amount of honey or chocolate syrup (1 tsp or less per 12 oz), only make my own desserts

>>7516827
>water down any juices
i do this too. alternatively, just have a small 4-6 oz glass of juice along with a 12 oz glass of water
>>
Had a big dessert yesterday.

Only sugar I had today was the fructose in a tangerine and the one spoonful in my oats.
>>
>>7517048
enjoy you're are oxidative stress-induced depression
>>
nothing really
>>
File: Meat industry.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Meat industry.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>7516461
>no sugars, good goy, eat fatty meat instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUWcgh5Ju9g
>>
File: NV_Granola_Bar_Variety_Pack.jpg (269 KB, 716x318) Image search: [Google]
NV_Granola_Bar_Variety_Pack.jpg
269 KB, 716x318
>>7518440
Well he's not saying to stuff your fat face with sugary cereal and granola bars on a daily basis.

Also

>dat shnoz
>>
>>7518469
sugar is not the villain, it is the body's fuel. saturated fat is.
>>
I starve myself
>>
>>7518484
there's literally nothing wrong with fat

carbs and sugar are evil

I'd like to see you shed 35 pounds in three months on your diet of sugar and carbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
>>7518484
>sugar is not the villain

No, lack of self control is.
>>
>>7518502
If you ate a low fat, low protein, high carb diet you would lose weight.
>>
>>7518537
I know, he says that in the video

But keto works by restricting carbs and sugar, the japanese diet works by restricting fat and sugar

what do they have in common?
>>
>>7518502
>there's literally nothing wrong with fat

saturated fat is the cause of the number one killer in the USA (heart disease)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qczRzcqxoIo

fat is the cause of type 2 diabetes :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZduVxlP_U
>>
>>7518551
I think you have dietary fat confused with being fat
>>
>>7518537
Only if you counted calories and ate below your maintenance. Saturated fats, hydrogenated fats, those do cause issues in mass amounts over time. So does constantly fucking your insulin by eating massive amounts of quickly digested carbs. Your main source of carbs should be vegetables, with grains and fruit being supplimentary.

You really want to lose weight? Maybe even extend your life and have higher neuron production? Fast. Doesn't even have to be a complete fast, though fasting one day a week is great for you as well. You could just cut your calories to about 1200 or 1000 depending on your height and weight, for five days every month. The first day of the fast you should cut it even lower though. This has been shown in studies to actually help lose weight and gain muscle mass. It's pretty easy and great for you. On your fasting days keep protein moderate, and consume mostly veggies and you won't even get hungry.
>>
>>7518540
keto is a starvation mode. it is not sustainable on the long run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss
>>
>>7518556
I'm doing keto and I accidentally fast a few times a month on accident

>>7518559
Keto to lose weight and a healthy diet to keep it off. It's a lot faster than going straight to a healthy diet

Like I said, 35 pounds in 3 months
>>
>>7518554
fat is the number one risk factor for heart disease and diabetes. whatever your weight is.

keep it under 10% of your calorie source.
>>
>>7518561
the thing with keto is, a lot of people who lose weight via keto, come back to being fat. like johns hopkins
>>
>>7516461
Replacing soft drinks with carbonated water and tea.
>>
>>7518570

First off, that happens with a great many diets, it's not unique to keto.

Second, that's not the fault of the diet. That's the fault of the person switching back to unhealthy eating after the diet has done its job. With ANY form of weight loss it's important to maintain healthy eating after the weight is lost.
>>
>>7516461
By being poor
>>
>>7518556
>You really want to lose weight?

I don't because I'm already borderline underweight on a high carb diet.
>>
eat about 100x more than it than i should. probably more.

and then puke it up.

make sure to incorporate lots of fiber and fat to slow down its digestion, giving me more time.
>>
>>7516827
I water down my beer sometimes. Nothing like an Imperial Stout spritzer.
>>
>>7518554
It seems you didnt read any of the studies
>>
>>7518556
>this has been shown in studies

lol
>>
I forgot my wallet at the local corner store, and he said "just pay me back next time."
So now I've quit soda.
>>
>>7519547

Lol
>>
>>7516461

I stopped snorting it
>>
>>7518617
This, but a lot of coffee as well. Gotta get my caffeine.
>>
I just bought another 4 pounds of candy for my candy bowl at work so I haven't really slowed down. It's a community bowl and that much usually lasts a couple months.
>>
Only bought three bags of clearance easter candy instead of 5.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.