[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're stuck on a deserted island with a lifetime supply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: deserted-island2.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
deserted-island2.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1000
You're stuck on a deserted island with a lifetime supply of one food and one food only
What would you want that food to be? can be anything
>>
If It's a complex sauce can I take the ingredients and make them something else?

pollo en mole poblano in any case. I can't get enough of that shit
>>
Fish
>>
Do you mean like a food like a Hamburger? Id have to say hamburgers.
>>
Bacon
>>
salt
>>
High end buffet food.
>>
>>7516255
you can deconstruct things, yes, but can't have anything that isnt in the sauce
>>
>in b4 Soylent shilling
>>
>>7516274
I'd rather eat a bullet desu
>>
grilled cheese desu
>>
tomato soup
>>
people
>>
Fried chicken.
>>
A pizza with the works. Lots of meat and lots of veggies. Even pineapple. I got all my nutrients right there.
>>
>>7516247
Avocado and chicken. I just picked two. Fuck you OP.
>>
nutriloaf
>>
>>7516354
this is not a bad choice as far as surviving goes
plus you could just pick the toppings off if you just want a meal of meat and veggies
>>
>>7516354
>>7516412
I'll take an all meat, all cheese, sub with all the veggies, extras and condiments then.
>>
omurice
>>
>>7516247
dog food

it provides complete nutrition and you will not die if you eat it exclusively

i mean, you'll want to die tho
>>
Soylent green
>>
File: SteaknNanners.jpg (442 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
SteaknNanners.jpg
442 KB, 1279x1706
>>
Eggs
>>
>>7516271
>>you can deconstruct things, yes, but can't have anything that isnt in the sauce

That rule pretty much ruins this thought experiment. What's to stop someone from picking a dish that has a massive number of ingredients and then being able to eat those in all sorts of different ways?
>>
>>7516247
Ramen with extra pork belly. Could eat that er'day.
>>
>>7519074

That "steak" doesn't even look like it has any seasoning and nigger what the hell are you doing putting ketchup on fucking bananas?
>>
>>7516259

if you can catch fish on the island, technically that doesn't count as your lifetime supply of one food allowed, right?

if that's the case, then oats.

oats + fish = all macros, long-lasting enery and good shits.
>>
Opened coconuts
>>
>>7519214

>if you can catch fish on the island, technically that doesn't count as your lifetime supply of one food allowed, right?

I don't see how it can count. If it does count then the scenario of being on the island really doesnt matter because you could literally say

>You are where ever the fuck in the world but you can only have one food for the rest of your life, what is it?
>>
>>7519252
Except for the fact that "being stranded on a desert island" is the standard pretext for these sorts of questions. It's traditional. Expected.

Clearly the fact that it's an island doesn't matter, but that's missing the point.
>>
>>7519074

disgusting

thats a joke right? well done steak with ketchup *barf*
>>
>>7519263

the point of it being a desert island, however, is the fact that there are a lot of DIY opportunities if you're crafty. you have to think about these things--fishing, hunting (all depends on what the island is like, of course) shit you can build (if it were a "you can only have [x] amount of items). after you figure out which of your bases the island will cover, then you can decide what to bring.

let's not talk about the log raft, though.
>>
>>7519322
>the point of it being a desert island, however, is the fact that there are a lot of DIY opportunities if you're crafty

Nope, that's not the point at all. The point is a thought experiment to find out what your answer is to the particular question posed.

Now, I do agree with you 100% that the question, when taken literally, does present many DIY opportunities. But again, that's missing the point.
>>
>>7519330

can we just agree that saying "if you were stranded in the middle of the desert for the rest of your life, with no hope pf ever finding anything to use for anything else, what kind of food would you bring?"
>>
>>7519330

>But again, that's missing the point.

I guess that question was first asked by a woman who has no idea how to do anything other than sunbath.
>>
>>7519330

that might be the original intended point of the question, but a clever person would think... outside of the island (keeeeek), contributing a new dimension to the question. kinda like how lawyers seek out loopholes in contracts.
>>
>>7519340
If I had a lifetime supply of food, there would be literally no point in living, on a desert island.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.