[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a Japanese supermarket tonight. Give me some Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Marth_Fates_Portrait.png (240 KB, 490x479) Image search: [Google]
Marth_Fates_Portrait.png
240 KB, 490x479
Going to a Japanese supermarket tonight. Give me some Japanese recipes and ingredients. No sushi though.

also what the fuck kind of noodles do I use for ramen? am i suppose to just use that awful block from instant ramen or is there something better?
>>
>> kind of noodles do I use for ramen
Ramen noodles. That's what they're called. Though all sorts of other noodles can be used if you like, there's a zillion varieties of Ramen and different sorts of noodles are used.

Useful ingredients from a Japanese market:
Kewpie mayo
Yuzu juice
Mirin
Sake (for cooking with)
Katsuobushi
Miso paste
Nori, Konbu
Shichimi Togarashi
Sesame oil, sesame seeds
>>
>>7515951
Get some wasabi and eat your steak with it senpai
Ive been wanting to do that fug
>>
>>7515951
asian markets have a very large noodle sections. they also usually have fresh made noodles. if you plan on making ramen i hope you have all day. making the stock takes a while.
>>
>>7515951
take a look through the candy or sweets section when you go. there should be alot of new things for you to try.
>>
Don't forget Pocky!
>>
>>7515973
Always get pocky and that japanese soda in a glass bottle where you have to push the glass ball in
>>
>>7515959
Buy kewpie only if you want to be a fat fuck. Whenever i have kewpie on hand i eat it with everything or just squeeze it into my mouth.
>>
>>7515959
>Katsuobushi
Actually have an unused package of that at home. No idea how to use it.
>>
Go away, Lucina. no one likes you
>>
>>7515960
Haven't heard of this before. Why does that sound good to you?
>>
>>7516058
You see some (cheap)steaks just tastes oily and bland. And i've been to a donkatsu place where they serve wasabi in soy sauce to dip beef katsu with. I thought applying that to steak would be nice. Obviously i would want real legit wasabi for that, not some fake ass shit.
>>
>>7515951
Why a picture of Marth? Do you plan to do something?

>>7515960

How can you stand that stuff? It burns the hell out of my nose.
>>
>>7516031
>No idea how to use it.

It's for making dashi (broth). First you steep some konbu (kelp) in hot-but-not-boiling water for about 45 min or so. Remove the help, heat the water to boiling. Drop in the katsuobshi. Leave for a minute or two, then strain.

...anyway, that's it's main use. I've also seen small pieces of it used as a garnish for various dishes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.