[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If whiskey and water is acceptable, why not scotch and soda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
If whiskey and water is acceptable, why not scotch and soda?
Does carbonation really spoil the taste that much?
>>
Nah, it's fine. It's OK to have preferences, anon. Just don't try to have a serious conversation with connoisseurs when you're not participating at the same level as them. That's where the line is, anon.
>>
>>7515770
Scotch attracts more purists that will bitch about it. It's your drink, ruin it however you want.
>>
>>7515770
Whiskey and water is only acceptable to some. Same with scotch and soda.
>>
>>7515795

yeah but scoth enthusiasts are normall massive cunts. I know so any Hipster bastards who drink the oldest and most expensive single malts and look down on me because I prefer Irish Whiskey.
>>
>>7515812
I'm a scotch guy myself, but life's too short to care about what someone else is drinking. If there is another enthusiast, I'll talk scotch with them. But I'm not going to tear into someone for drinking something else. Different strokes, you know?
>>
whiskey and water

scotch and soda

gin and tonic

it's all alright to drink
>>
>>7515792
>>7515795
>>7515884

A surprising amount of rational human beings. Where the hell am I?
>>
File: SaL22.jpg (33 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
SaL22.jpg
33 KB, 500x376
>>7515770
Whatever you want.
Not sure why but neat drinks seem so much nicer nicer now and not much has changed asides from losing weight.
First hard drink in a few months and it was like honey
>>
>>7515770
I prefer my scotch neat or with a small splash of cold water. But I don't see a problem with soda.

Drink what you want to man. You've paid your money you take your choice
>>
scotch and soda is possibly the single greatest cocktail of all time
>>
>>7515770
Nobody says scotch and soda is unacceptable, but it's definitely a waste to use good scotch. Yes, the sodium bicarbonate in soda water does affect the flavour greatly more than does plain water, and, besides, when people have water with good scotch they're only using a smidge. Whiskey and soda usually has quite a bit more soda water.
>>
>>7515770
Well scotch has it's own unique flavor, so it seems to me like kind of a waste (unless it's shitty scotch) to use it for mixing with soda when you could just get the same thing with any other kind of liquor; but hey do what you want.

I mean, the point of whiskey and water is to bring out more of the flavor of the whiskey, not mask it or change it completely (theoretically).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.