[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating Broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Is it possible to eat good tasting food while being broke?
>>
File: pot-noodle1.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pot-noodle1.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>7515605
THIS IS PRETTY DESU SENPAI
>>
If you're actually broke then you can't afford food at all.

Even if money is tight, there's no reason to buy food that tastes bad; that's laziness and ignorance, same reason most poor people are poor in the first place.
>>
Meal 1 - Breakfast burrito (eggs, cheese, taters, bacon, sausage) with sour cream

Meal 2 - Chicken, Brocolli, rice

Meal 3 - Spaghetti Aglio E Olio

That is less than 5 bucks a day.
>>
>>7515612

I liked the Bombay bad boy flavor.
>>
Yes. Get a printout of your bank account balance and go to your closest food bank.
>>
>>7515630

B-b-but How does water look when it is boiling?
>>
>>7515630
$5 is a lot for someone who's broke. In fact, that's how much I spend without considering price. Spaghetti aglio e olio is more like it but that breakfast burrito is particularly expensive, especially if the tortillas are bought.

I like lentil soup, which is cheap, but the down payment is quite large if you haven't any spices.
>>
>>7515687
that breakfast burrito is literally 1 dollar each.
>>
>>7515605
If you're broke you can't afford instant noodles. Instant noodles are more expensive than rice, potatoes etc.
>>
>>7515605
buy big bag of rice. its fuckin cheap. you can get pounds for for a few bucks. use as filler in all your meals.
>>
>>7515605
Beans & Rice, nigga!
>>
Flour and baking powda, bread to days nigga.
>>
>>7515605
Rice
Beans
Lentils
Chicken or pork if its on sale
In season vegetables
>>
>>7515605
quesadilla
fried eggs
>>
>>7515605
Learn to fucking cook you downie, buy fresh veg, pulses, rice, pasta and beans, spices, stocks, herbs, liquids, stock up your cupboards with the essentials like that, then steal a fuck load of cooking ebooks from torrent site or wherever and learn to cook good cheap fresh meals, it's so fucking easy even a spastic like you can do it.
>>
>>7515687
breakfast burritos are literally the cheapest thing ever. tortillas are like 3 bucks for 8

$12 on tortillas for 32 burritos
>>
>>7515605
I am guessing food stamps are out of the question?
>>
>>7516219
I get 30 tortillas for 3 bucks step ya game up
>>
>>7515605
buy discount meat and freeze what you don't immediately cook
buy seasoning
buy rice
buy cheap veggie
>>
I eat a lot of rice and pasta. A lot of chili too. But if you're broke you have to figure out how to save more money. I would rarely buy anything unless I need to. If I was running really low I'd buy bulk top ramen.
>>
don't buy ramen OP. waste of money.

buy actual MSG. put it on everything. you can find a generous supply for only a couple bucks at an asian market (or the asian section of wal-mart).

when you're broke, food tasting good is about how it arouses your senses, not about interesting flavors. oil, salt, and sugar are all very cheap and will last you a while.
>>
>>7517652
Chili isn't cheap.

No judgement though I cut my beef with pork too.
>>
>>7517659
Does MSG go bad? I found some in my house but I'm pretty sure it's been there since like the 90s
>>
>>7517660
>Chili isn't cheap.

He probably means canned chili, which is cheap.
>>
go to the food bank dude or apply for EBT
>>
>>7515605

I get paid fortnightly, so those last 3-4 days with like $100 in my account is a struggle.

I usually get some bread rolls, eggs, ham, chicken, lettuce and some cheese.

Make some egg salad rolls, some chicken, mayo & lettuce rolls and your standard Ham & cheese roll.

You've got variety, it tastes reasonable and you spend less than $20.
>>
also shop at the 99c stores, it's got good quality items from time to time
>>
>>7517752
i get bags of fruit and vegetables for a dollar a half dozen
if you got fire or water you're set mn.
>>
DUMPSTER DIVE & eat like a king for free.
U
M
P
S
T
E
R
>>
>>7517751
Yeah, only $100 for 4 days sounds awful. I can only have two snacks between eating out for three meals every day.
>>
>>7515605
Beans and rice, ground beef with tongue to stretch it, buy rotisserie chicken then use bones for stock, frozen veggies, farmers market.

I've been poor my whole life and I still eat alright.
>>
>>7517752

dollar stores are a fuckin rip. food is always packaged at a lower weight. if it's not, like most canned goods, they'll cost the same almost anywhere else.
>>
>>7517770

He never said the $100 in his account was strictly food money. I assume it wasn't because he appropriated only $20 out of $100, 1/5 about appropriate.

Learn to brain.
>>
>3-4 days with like $100 in my account is a struggle.

bro i'm on my last 4 days and i've got 50 cents to my name

no, wait, spent that today, i think i have a few pennies though.

what the hell does everyone think "poor" and "broke" mean
>>
>>7519404

still a rich motherfucker. what else does he need in 3-4 days? weed? really.
>>
>>7517713

i bought some a couple months ago and the exp date listed is 2020.

might actually allow for some leeway, but i dunno if i'd trust decade-old shit.
>>
Okay here's an Auntie Fee recipe: Take that ramen and crush it up. Fry it lightly in a skillet with some peanut oil. Once the oil is cooked off, add water and the flavoring packet that came with the ramen. Once the water I cooked down, add dried parsley flakes, cheese, and meat if you have some. I usually like to throw in an egg as well. Once the water's cooked off its done. Delicious and cheap.
>>
Go to a food pantry and spend your last dollars on 40s
>>
>>7515605
Sure it is, but you'll just have to do everything yourself (make your bread, cut up your meat, etc). Problem with that is it consumes more time than usual, time that you shouldn't have if you're busy working extra jobs to get out of being broke.

Get out of 4chan, anon.
>>
>>7515605
Just buy some onions and potatoes and tomato paste. Tasty, easy, cheap.
>>
File: 1458963081951.jpg (73 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1458963081951.jpg
73 KB, 706x706
>tfw trying to live off of 30-50$ a month

I can't take carbohydrates anymore
>>
Rice
Beans
Potatoes
Onions
Carrots
Bananas
Peanut Butter
Tuna
Whole milk
Eggs
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.