[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Google cheap, easy wrap/sandwich ideas for lunch at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1393625348714.png (527 KB, 650x401) Image search: [Google]
1393625348714.png
527 KB, 650x401
>Google cheap, easy wrap/sandwich ideas for lunch at work
>GRILLED SALMON AND GOLD LINED ASPARAGUS
>FILLET MIGNON SANDWICHES WITH CAVIAR

Where the fuck do you guys get your ideas for lunches? Fuck I just want something I can throw together from food I have in the fridge in <5mins.
>>
Wow, edible gold leaf is really expensive. $25 for a couple 3x3 inch squares. Try substituting edible gold paint.
>>
Just eat sandwiches.

Switch up the bread, meat, and veggies every time you go shopping, and try different combinations of condiments.

Do people really ever get sick of sandwiches?
>>
>>7515386

just get some shaved smoked meat from a deli, mix with eggs, horseradish, lettuce, sour cream, and hot sauce, maybe some raw or cooked onion, wrap it up and see you later, you can probably make 10 for like 20 bucks, so eat 2 per lunch and you're under budget.
>>
>>7515414
That's not a sandwich though.
>>
>>7515414
There's only so much variation I can do of deli meat/cheese/salad before it gets boring.
>>
Shooter's sandwiches
>>
>>7515458
Try caviar, or gold lined asparagus then, Goldylocks.
>>
>>7515386
peanut butter and jelly, cold cuts and cheese, tuna fish
>>
>>7515386
I eat the same thing every day and purchase ingredients as needed. I switch up when I get bored.

Ham, chicken, provolone, mayo, mustard, hot sauce.
Ham, salami, pepperoni, provolone, mayo, sriracha.
Turkey, provolone, mayo, mustard, soul seasoning, tabasco.
Ham+Pimiento cheese
Etc.

With just a few different ingredients and a variety of condiments you've got hundreds of options here. I like to mix up my sides too. Chips, cheetos, goldfish, crackers, apple, mandarins, oreos. Mix up your breads too, they freeze well so you can keep more than one type on hand.
>>
>>7515610

>no fruit or veggies

The only way I could ever imagine getting sick of sandwiches is if they were nothing but meat and cheese on bread with condiments. Without the vegetation it isn't pleasant to eat at all.
>>
The classic Ploughman's is the best lunch.

>simple
>filling
>manly
>no froo froo shit

Women have actually complemented me on it.
>>
>>7515658
>"ploughman's lunch" is believed to date no further back than the 1950s, when the Cheese Bureau (a marketing body affiliated to the J. Walter Thompson advertising agency) began promoting the meal in pubs as a way to increase the sales of cheese

Are you a man or a sheep?
>>
>>7515658
>Women have actually complemented me on it.
expand on this please
>>
>>7515386
I just make a bunch of food for a meal on the weekends, and then freeze the leftovers to have for easy lunches.

Last week, I made pulled pork tacos and froze the leftover meat. Just packed up the cold ingredients in a bag on the side.

This week I'm having leftover bean and ham hock with rice much to the chagrin of my co-workers. It's all about planning ahead.
>>
>>7515619
Yeah I usually pack lunch at 5 on the morning and I'm not taking tone to clean up anything that I've got to slice. I can make my sandwiches on a cutting board and wipe the crumbs. I prefer my fruit separate from the sandwich in a bag lunch anyway.
>>
>>7515994
This is what we call a "lie", anon.
>>
>>7515589
>easy, cheap
>>
>>7515976
>bread, cheese, pickles, and some cured meats is a bad lunch
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.