[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any downside to eating loads of potatoes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: potatoes.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
potatoes.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
is there any downside to eating loads of potatoes?
>>
>>7515363

Other than the fact you are loads of potatoes?

How are you eating then? If they are just boiled, why? But you are living like a king if they dauphinoise.

Too many variables, need more info!
>>
Diabetes
>>
>>7515363
If you sit around all day, yes, you will likely get fat. If you are at least a little bit active however, they are a decent choice. Potatoes actually contain most of the nutrition your body needs to survive, so accompanied with regular exercise they can be quite good for you.
Note: I don't actually know shit about nutrition so take what I say with a grain of salt
>>
File: 1389310740981.gif (416 KB, 499x428) Image search: [Google]
1389310740981.gif
416 KB, 499x428
>I'm addicted to eating cheesy potatoes
>>
I tried making potatoes my main carbs and my shits were unpleasant compared to how they'd been when I was eating bread instead
>>
High insulin index
Solanine
>>7515420
Potatoes have a very high satiety index
>>
constipation.
>>
>>7515420
The Irish survived for hundreds of years on potatoes, butter, and milk.
>>
>>7515445
No.
>>
>>7515399
ive just been microwaving them, then adding a little salt.
>>
test
>>
>>7515476
yeah, but look how they turned out

Do you want to turn out like the irish? Then eat a balanced diet.
>>
>>7515420
You don't know much about common sense either, you can sit around all day and eat them without getting fat so long as you aren't on a calorie surplus
>>
>>7515593
Trying to ban evade I see
>>
File: marla-frenchfry-lady.jpg (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
marla-frenchfry-lady.jpg
46 KB, 200x200
As long as you're getting other nutrients it can't be that bad for you
>>
>>7515363
Some guy ate mostly potatoes and his blood sugar improved. You can go a long time just eating the marvelous potato too. I'm a bit skeptical though on it improving blood sugar unless you somehow eat just the right amount of calories in potatoes.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (3 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
3 KB, 107x125
>>7515422
>>
>>7515363
I doubt there would be if they weren't the only thing you eat.
They don't have that many calories either, when compared weight for weight with like, rice or bread or oats.
>>
Like everything if you eat too much then it will be an issue.

If you are afraid you are eating too much then you can swap it out with something else every now and then but they are a staple in many countries.

Though the healthiest in those countries are the day laborers so they easily burn off what they consume.
>>
Too much is bad. You'll get massive farts and overall it's not comfortable if you're out in public a lot
>>
>>7515363
probably cant shit for days, eat leafy greens to compesate

my capcha is cactus, i love eating bbq cactus
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.