[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Easter Mashed Potatoes: What to do with them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: MashedPotatoes.jpg (331 KB, 2700x1800) Image search: [Google]
MashedPotatoes.jpg
331 KB, 2700x1800
So, easter has happened, and daddy dearest made far to much potatoes. We have a large tub of potatoes to use up. Does anyone have any idea on what we can use these for? Sure, tatty-scones (potato pancakes) are a plan, but thats only one thing. Is there anything I can do with these or should I get ready for the potatoapocalypse?
>>
My dad does twice-baked and stuffed potatoes for the holidays every year. He mixes mashed potatoes with bacon bits and cheese, then scoops them out into potato halves and sends them back into the oven. You could probably do something similar, but stuff it into bell peppers to a oid extra potato carnage
>>
>>7514317
You're a lifesaver anon; Never Change.
>>
>>7514305
How to get them as smooth as the picture?
>>
>>7514305
shepards or cottage pie
>>
Take the potatoes to park to play on the swings and slippery dip.
>>
>>7514889
I've heard potato ricers are really good for this, but I don't have one and make really smooth mashed potatoes by adding a small knob of butter and a bit of hot milk and mashing it with a masher by hand. Then, to get the smallest bits of potato I use a metal whisk and whisk it around for 30 seconds or so and usually that'll get rid of any lumps.
>>
>>7514919
Ricers are a bitch to clean out so make sure you do it over a big bowl so you can scrape the chunks back into it or it makes a mess but they are worth it.
>>
My dad makes amazing garlic mashed potatoes
>>
>>7514305
fry up some onions & mince and make some croquettes
>>
>>7514305
MAKE SOME MOTHERFUCKING HASH BROWNS NIGGER!
>>
Bubble and squeak (left over mash fried up with leftover cabbage/sprouts). Make sure you fry long enough to get a crispy browned exterior. Serve with ketchup.
>>
>>7514981
>hashbrowns
>already mashed potatoes

Im all for potato pancakes but you cant make hashbrowns out of already mashed potatoes
>>
>>7514305
GNOCCHI
N
O
C
C
H
I
>>
>>7514305
I have this problem to anon. I was thinking fry them up with shallots and garlic then sprinkle cheese on the top
>>
>>7515148
this or i make potato pancakes
and serve with a nice stout mustard like that stone ground kind
>>
turn them into perogis
>>
>>7515148
This anon knows the score
>>
File: 200_s (1).gif (60 KB, 495x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s (1).gif
60 KB, 495x200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQVFZx7XX4
>>
>>7514305
Ηow about some Greek skordalia with potatoes?

Ingredients from here https://www.sintagespareas.gr/sintages/skordalia-me-patates.html

4 big potatoes
3-6 Garlick cloves
1 lemon juiced
1/4 spoonful of salt
as much olive oil as it can absorb (about half a wine glass)

Boil the potatoes
blend them along with the garlic, juice and salt
for every potato in, add 3 spoonfuls of water and one of olive oil
if after the second potato the mix is too watery start adding water accordingly
>>
A couple come immediately to mind:

potato pancakes / latkes

Shepherd's pie topping

basis for a potato dough / pizza crust

also potato soup / stew thickener?
>>
>>7516766
Nice call on potato soup! Favorite veggies to also go in the pot for optimal flavor goodness?
>>
>>7516766
>shepherd's pie
>just the topping

Why not thoroughly cover the base and sides with potatoes too? Plus if you add some oil to the base it turns crispy.
>>
>>7516766
>latkes
>mashed potatoes

pick one you goy
>>
File: step4-ready.jpg (99 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
step4-ready.jpg
99 KB, 600x398
>>7514305
in austria we have something that we call fleischlaibchen, made from ground beef mixed with egg and onions, then covered in crumbs and fried in a pan, usually gets served with mashed potatos and tastes god
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.